National Chiao Tung University is offering scholarships to international students. The NCTU scholarships are available to undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral students wanting to study at the university. Moreover, scholarships are available to students from engineering, science, and social science disciplines.
The NCTU scholarship is available as a monthly stipend and as a tuition fee waiver. An assistantship is also provided to research students. However, the scholarship amount depends on the type of scholarship. Interested students can apply for the same by 15th September 2023.
NCTU Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the NCTU scholarship are as follows:
- Must be an international student wanting to study in Taiwan
- The applicant must meet the physical and mental fitness NCTU requirements
- For the bachelor’s program, the student must present a high school transcript, for Masters a BA degree is required, and for Ph.D., a Master’s degree is a must
- Additionally, the student must meet the academic requirements of the course
- Moreover, the applicant must not have received any other scholarship during the application period.
NCTU Scholarship Benefits
The benefits of the NCTU scholarship are on the basis of the level of study. Below we have listed the benefits provided by the university for beneficiaries.
- For Bachelor’s students- NT$21,000/ INR 54,740.18 monthly stipend and tuition fee waiver
- For Master’s students- NT$22,000 /INR 57346.85 monthly stipend, tuition fee waiver, and assistantship by an advisor for research work.
- For Ph.D. students- NT$29,000 /INR 75593.57 monthly stipend, tuition fee waiver. Additionally, assistantship by an advisor for research work is available.
Some of the available study fields for the NCTU scholarships include- the School of Law, College of Management, College of Engineering, College of Photonics, International College of Semiconductor Technology, and the College of Science. Interested students can apply for the scholarships by 15th September 2023 (spring intake). The application for the scholarships can be sent online by visiting the official website of the university.