MS in Data Analytics in Canada is a choice for thousands of students each year. It is a complete package of premium quality education, valuable experiences, and career advancements. There are different courses that decide on experts in Canada, among which one such well-known course is MS in Data Analytics. In this blog, we will explain every piece of information that you might need while planning to do your master’s in Data Analytics in Canada. Without delaying anymore, let’s directly get started with the article.
This Blog Includes:
- What is an MS in Data Analytics?
- Why Pursue an MS in Data Analytics in Canada?
- Top 5 Universities to Pursue MS in Data Analytics in Canada
- Eligibility Criteria for Master’s in Data Analytics in Canada
- MS in Data Analytics in Canada Fees
- Cost of Living in Canada
- Average Salary After MS in Data Analytics in Canada
What is an MS in Data Analytics?
A Master’s in Data Analytics is a post-graduate program that educates students in theoretical and practical knowledge that ultimately helps them to analyse or decode complex data sets. They use a combination of coursework, projects, and research, using which a student learns more about statistical modelling, data mining, machine learning, data visualisation, etc. The primary motto of this program is to train students to independently identify patterns and trends, devise predictive models, and make an informed decision out of it.
Why Pursue an MS in Data Analytics in Canada?
There could be several reasons to pursue an MS in Data Analytics in Canada, however, below we are listing some of the most common causes.
- The Canadian economy is immensely strong, especially, in the technology and finance sectors, which is an added advantage to pursue a course like this in MS in Data Analytics.
- The master’s in Data Analytics in Canada provides both domestic as well as international students with amazing job opportunities.
- The country is not only known for quality education but also for the good standard of living.
- Canada is planning to produce around 300,000 data scientists by the year 2023, which can be a big + in your career.
Top 5 Universities to Pursue MS in Data Analytics in Canada
Below is the list of the top 5 universities that a student can choose to study for their master’s in Data Analytics in Canada:
|University||QS Ranking 2022||Program Offered & Duration||Total Tuition Fees (in Canadian AUD)|
|Trent University||#595||MS in Big Data Analytics: Applied Modelling and Quantitative Methods||$30,765.87, the fees will vary on the facilities you are choosing|
|Thompson Rivers University||NA||MS in Data Science||$25,468.80 for domestic students. $38,528 for international students.|
|University of Victoria||#322||Master of Engineering (ME) – Applied Data Science||$ 17209|
|Ontario Tech University||NA||Master of Engineering (ME) – Applied Data Science||$4,429.98|
|University of Regina||#1001-#1200||MS in Computer Science (Data Analytics Specialisation)||$9889|
Eligibility Criteria for Master’s in Data Analytics in Canada
Below are the general criteria that you must fulfil in case you are going for your master’s in Canada.
- Make sure you have a bachelor’s degree from a known university in Data Analytics or a similar field. Read our blog to learn more about bachelor in Data Science.
- A candidate must also have secured at least 50-55% percentage in their bachelors.
- You must keep in mind that you may also need to fulfil the particular admission requirements of colleges.
- As a last step just clear one English proficiency test like IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE.
Keep the following documents handy with you before going to any university.
- Official Academic Transcripts
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Student Visa
Also Read: Differences Between a CV and Resume
MS in Data Analytics in Canada Fees
The expense to study MS in Data Analytics in Canada relies on the specific college to which you are applying. Nonetheless, by and large, the normal expense lies between 50 CAD to 60 CAD per annum.
Cost of Living in Canada
The cost of living in Canada may vary from India. The average cost including all the expenses may lie somewhere between 15000 CAD to 20000 CAD in a year.
|Expense Type||Average Monthly Cost|
|Accommodation||400 – 600 CAD|
|Food||200 – 300 CAD|
|Transportation||100 – 150 CAD|
|Utilities (Internet, Phone, etc.)||50 – 100 CAD|
|Miscellaneous expenses||100 – 150 CAD|
You can now Finance Your Study Abroad Dreams with Leverage Finance. Kindly visit the page and click on “talk to expert” for end-to-end services.
Check Out Our Cost of Living Calculator
Average Salary After MS in Data Analytics in Canada
Your compensation bundle completely relies upon your work profile, the right arrangement of abilities, and the work necessities for which you are applying for a post. Normally, a Canadian understudy who has finished his MS in Data Analytics procures around USD 1,26,750 every year.
Yes, it is one of the most chosen programs among international students.
An international student requires a minimum GPA of 3.0, a TOEFL iBT score of 90, and a GRE score of 320 for pursuing a master’s in Data Analytics in Canada.
Due to its extensive curriculum, this course may seem difficult to study at first. But in reality, it is not as with proper guidance you can cut through it like butter.
The best countries for master’s in Data Science include the USA, UK, Canada, France, Australia, and New Zealand.
Yes, you need to learn coding in order to pursue this course without having major issues.
The information included in this blog covers all the relevant information you require to pursue your MS in Data Analytics in Canada. For further help, our expert team at Leverage Edu is always here to handhold you. For smooth help/assistance just drop us a call at 1800572000 today to get an absolutely free counseling session!