The MBBS programme in Qatar is quickly gaining popularity among students looking to pursue a medical degree overseas. The tiny peninsula on the Arabian Peninsula’s northeastern coast, officially known as the State of Qatar, exclusively shares borders with Saudi Arabia.
Well, the oil and gas sectors are the only sources of Qatar’s GDP, which is among the highest in the world. Real estate, finance, and tourism are currently growing industries in addition to the petroleum industry. If you want to know more about MBBS in Qatar, why to pursue it, eligibility requirements and much more then keep reading!
|Name of the Course||MBBS|
|Eligibility Requirements||You are required to pass high school with at least 65% marks from an officially recognised institution|
|Average Fees||QAR 450,000 (INR 1.01 Cr)|
|Average Salary||QAR 271,560 (INR 61.14 Lakhs)|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study MBBS in Qatar?
- The Qatari medical universities’ educational standards are on pace with those of the global education system, and the curriculum is updated as needed and as time goes on.
- The excellent condition of the housing and other facilities on and off the university campus, together with the Qatari way of life, make it a desirable location for students.
- International students can feel absolutely comfortable here, and they will even enjoy themselves.
Top MBBS Colleges in Qatar
A degree in medicine, particularly the MBBS, is offered by three significant colleges. Several well-known universities in Qatar that grant an MBBS degree include
|S No.||Name of Medical College|
|1||Weill Cornell Medical College|
|2||College of Medicine, Qatar University|
|3||College of Dental Medicine|
In Qatar, the typical length of an MBBS programme is close to six years. However, the duration of this programme in Qatar varies depending on the universities and courses. You can select the course and its duration according to your convenience. Moreover, you can check the duration of your programme by visiting the official website of the university to which you have applied or plan to apply.
There are a few conditions you must meet in order to enrol in an MBBS programme in Qatar. Among the most typical eligibility requirements are
- You are required to pass high school with physics, chemistry and biology as compulsory subjects with an average score of 60% from an officially recognised institution.
- You are required to have English as a compulsory subject in high school.
- Further, if you want to pursue MBBS in Qatar and are an Indian citizen then you are required to qualify for the NEET exam.
Language Proficiency Score Required
As a part of the application process, you are required to submit language proficiency scores to get enrolled in MBBS in Qatar.
In addition to the aforementioned eligibility requirements, you must additionally provide a list of supporting documentation as part of the application process. Among the crucial documents needed are
- Passport that is at least 18 months old
- academic diplomas, such as those for classes 10 and 12.
- Birth Registration
- Four passport-sized pictures and a letter of acceptance from the Medical University of Qatar
- authorities’ signatures on all papers
- payment receipt for the first year of college
- receipt of payment of visa application fees
- Financial records as evidence of the availability of funding
- medical examination
- Financial statement for funding availability
- police clearance document
Cost of Pursuing an MBBS in Qatar
We can give you a rough idea of the tuition costs for an MBBS programme in Qatar. The total cost of the programme could be as high as QAR 450 000 (INR 1.01 Cr). Students must pay additional costs, such as living expenses (which includes lodging and food).
Cost of Living
One of the major factors that must be analysed before pursuing higher education abroad is the cost of living in a particular area. You are required to check the cost of living in the area of your preferred university.
|Cost Of Living||One Person||INR Conversion|
|Total with rent||$1891||1.55 Lakhs|
|Rent & Utilities||$1252||1.02 Lakhs|
After completion of the course, you have two major options, to pursue higher studies ahead or to look for job opportunities. Some of the popular job profiles after completion of MBBS in Qatar are as follows;
- General Physician
- Family medicine
- Occupational health specialist
One of the major reasons for the popularity of MBBS in Qatar is the availability of numerous job opportunities with lucrative packages after the completion of this degree. The average salary offered after completion of MBBS in Qatar is QAR 271,560 (INR 61.14 lakhs) per annum.
Ans. MBBS in Qatar has a duration of 6 years including one year of internship and five years of medical education.
Ans. Yes, an MBBS degree granted from Qatar universities is valid in numerous countries including the USA, Canada, etc.
Ans. Yes, MBBS degrees from Qatar is well-recognized by the Medical Council of India however, students are required to clear screening test to practice in India.
If you want to get into a high university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so you can realize your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute consultation.