A few common antonyms of sardonic are genuine, honest, warm, kind, calm etc. These antonyms represent various qualities and tones that are the opposite of sardonic, emphasizing sincerity, honesty, and kindness over mockery or cynicism. Let’s explore more about its meaning and examples for you in the blog article below!
Meaning of Sardonic
“Sardonic” is an adjective that describes a type of humor or expression that is mocking, scornful, and often cynical. When someone makes sardonic remarks or displays sardonic humor, they are typically making ironic or sarcastic comments that convey contempt or derision. Sardonic humor can be characterized by a bitter or cutting tone and is often used to mock or ridicule something or someone. It can be quite dry and dark, and it’s often employed to express a sense of disillusionment or skepticism.
+5 Sardonic Antonym
The antonyms of “sardonic,” which describe expressions or tones that are the opposite in nature, include:
Usage with Examples
The antonyms of “sardonic,” which describe expressions or tones that are the opposite in nature, are mentioned in the examples below for your easy reference.
- The warm reception they received from the welcoming committee was heartwarming.
- Their genuine concern for the well-being of others was evident in their actions and words.
- He spoke with a merry tone when discussing his future plans.
- Her praise for his accomplishments was sincere and heartfelt, devoid of any sardonic undertones.
- In a kind and empathetic manner, she offered her support to her friend.
Sardonic Antonym Quiz
Choose the correct sardonic antonym from the words given below.
This was all about the “sardonic antonym” with meaning and examples. Hopefully, you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.