Some common examples of the word lighter are dark, gloomy, shady, unloved. The term lighter is used to describe a small portable device that is used to light a cigarette. It is also used to describe a person or thing that ignites something. Let us know more about the word lighter, its meaning, origin, antonyms and its usage with examples in the article blog below.
Meaning of Lighter
The meaning of word lighter can be understood in different ways:
- It describes the person or thing that ignites light.
- It is used for mechanical devices that are used to light cigarettes or cigars etc.
- To convey as if of lighter thing (based on mass)
- It is used to describe a flat-bottomed barge used in loading and unloading ships offshore.
Must Read: Antonyms of Stare, Meaning and Examples
7+ Opposites of Lighter
Let’s take a look at the following opposites of lighter to expand your understanding of the word:
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
Antonyms of Lighter Examples With Usage
The term lighter is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let us understand the following examples of using the antonyms of lighter in a sentence:
- Dark: It is completely dark outside.
- Darkness: Be careful you may lose your way in darkness.
- Gloomy: Rahul sat alone in a gloomy corner.
- Heavy: The truck is carrying a heavy load.
- Thick: The mango shake is very thick.
- Dense: The forest is quite dense so we cannot go there at night.
- Hefty: My boss gave me a hefty raise.
Antonyms of Lighter Quiz
1. Select the most appropriate antonym for the word lighter.
2. Which word is not the opposite of the word Lighter?
Explore More Exciting Reads Below
This was all about the antonym of “Lighter” meaning and examples. Hope you understand the term smooth and its usage. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.