Discover Welham School, Dehradun – a renowned boarding school in India that is nestled amidst the captivating Himalayan foothills. Recognized for its academic excellence and holistic development, the school has a proud legacy of nurturing young minds. Through an environment that fosters intellectual growth, character building, and a love for learning, Welham School empowers students to become confident, compassionate, and responsible global citizens. With esteemed faculty, state-of-the-art facilities, and diverse co-curricular activities, the school ignites curiosity and inspires greatness in all its students.
|Name of the School||Welham Girls School|
|Classes Offered||VI to XII|
|Affiliation Board||CISCE, ICSE (Class X), ISC (Class XII)|
|Type of School||Girls|
|Year of Establishment||1957|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|Address||Welham Girls’ School, No 19- Municipal Road, Dalanwala, Dehradun|
Also Read: Best Science Schools in India
About the Welham School
Established in 1957, Welham School has earned a distinguished reputation as an institution that not only upholds academic excellence but also prioritizes the ethical, social, and spiritual growth of young women. Through the years, the school has been dedicated to providing a nurturing environment that encourages students to develop intellectually, emotionally, and morally. With a strong emphasis on holistic education, Welham Girls’ School empowers its students to become well-rounded individuals who contribute positively to society. The school’s commitment to fostering a sense of responsibility and compassion sets it apart as a beacon of education and character development.
Facilities at Welham School
The Welham School offers educational facilities such as:
- Medical Facility
Also Read: Best ICSE Schools in India
Welham School accepts students for various classes within the age range:
- Class BII (Class 6) – Age: 10½ – 12 years
- Class BI (Class 7) – Age: 11½ – 13 years
- Class AIII (Class 8) – Age: 12½ – 14 years
- Class AII (Class 9) – Age: 13½ – 15 years
- Class AI (Class 10) – Age: 14½ – 16 years
- Class Pre SC (Class 11) – Age: 15½ – 17 years
- Class SC (Class 12) – Age: 16½ – 18 years
Note: Every girl registered for admission into classes VI & VII is expected to appear for an Aptitude/Proficiency Assessment.
The Assessment is held in November/ December of the year preceding that in which admission is sought.
Registration for classes VI & VII closes on 31st July and for Class XI on 31st December of the year preceding that in which admission is being sought.
Here is the admission procedure for the Welham School:
- Registration: To begin the admission process, parents need to submit a registration application with a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee. However, registration does not guarantee acceptance for the desired academic year and class.
- Aptitude/Proficiency Assessment: Girls applying for Classes VI and VII must attend an assessment in November/December before the entrance year. The school provides information about these assessments well in advance. A medical fitness test is also required.
- Admission Application Form: Application forms can be obtained from the school’s website or office. The prospectus fee for Classes VI and VII is Rs. 1200 (within India) and Rs. 1500 (abroad), while for Class XI, it is Rs. 700 (within India) and Rs. 1000 (abroad). The registration fee is Rs. 20,000.
Also Read: ICSE vs CBSE
For Welham school registration, the following documents are required:
- Recent passport-size photograph of the applicant.
- Filled registration card with an attested copy of the applicant’s birth certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths of the area where the candidate was born.
After passing the entrance exam, the following documents will be needed for admission:
- Original Birth Certificate for verification.
- Transfer certificate and character certificate verified by the previous principal.
- Report Card of the last exam and proof of attendance percentage.
- Medical Certificate.
- Three recent passport-sized photographs.
- Migration Certificate (for Class XI admission from non-ICSE boards).
Fee Structure of Welham School
Parents seeking admission for their child at Welham School should be fully informed about all the expenses, including advances, deposits, and fees. Below are the fee deposits and advances as of 1st April 2023:
|Fee/Deposit||Class 6 and 7 (Rs.)||Class 11 (Rs.)|
|Pre-registration kit (within India)||1200||700|
|Pre-registration kit (abroad)||1500||1000|
|Security Deposit (refundable/adjustable)||4,25,000||4,25,000|
Here are the step-wise points for the application for Welham school scholarships:
- The school offers scholarships annually to deserving students at Welham School.
- Scholarships are available based on applications received from parents and are decided upon considering both financial need and academic merit.
- The scholarship amounts are determined by assessing the combined income of the parents.
- The scholarship committee scrutinizes all relevant documents before making the final decisions.
- Scholarships cover a substantial portion of the school fees.
- Parents of students aspiring to join the school in the coming year can also apply for a scholarship.
- Scholarships are revised annually, and fresh applications need to be submitted for consideration.
- Parents interested in applying for a scholarship must request the necessary form from the school every year.
Welham School is a prestigious institution that places a strong emphasis on academic excellence, character development, and holistic growth. With a legacy dating back to 1957, the school has established itself as a leading boarding school in India, fostering an enriching environment for young women to flourish. Through its nurturing approach, dedicated faculty, and wide-ranging co-curricular activities, Welham Girls’ School empowers its students to become confident, compassionate, and responsible individuals, poised to make a positive impact on the world.
Welham Girls’ School admits students from Class BII (Class 6) to Class SC (Class 12), with age requirements ranging from 10½ to 18 years at the beginning of the academic session.
Yes, after the registration process, students are required to take an entrance exam. Successful completion of the exam is a prerequisite for admission.
Yes, apart from the school fees, there are certain deposits and advances, such as the Registration Fee, Admission Fee, Security Deposit (refundable/adjustable), Imprest Deposit, and Uniform Deposit.
Welham Girls’ School has a legacy of academic excellence and emphasises holistic development, focusing on ethical, social, and spiritual growth. The school’s nurturing environment, dedicated faculty, and wide-ranging co-curricular activities empower students to become confident, compassionate, and responsible global citizens.
Thank you for reading our blog. If you wish to explore more about School Education, consider subscribing to Leverage Edu blogs. Enjoy your reading!