The National Institute of Technology is one of the most famous centrally funded educational institutions for Engineering courses. However, engineering and technical courses can be financially burdensome for parents. If you’re someone who has secured a seat in one of the prestigious NITs but facing financial challenges, know that you’re not alone. We are here to help. This blog will discuss several NIT scholarships and financial aid opportunities available for you. Read the blog for detailed information.
This Blog Includes:
📌 NIT Scholarship Delhi- Post-matric Scholarship For PwD
Offered by: State Government/ Union Territory administration
Scholarship Grant Amount: Scholarship amount may vary based on the actual admission and tuition fees paid by the student and the category or level of education.
The scholarship will be granted to students who have achieved a minimum of 50% marks or an equivalent grade in their most recent final examination and whose parents’ or guardians’ total annual income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2 lakh. Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain and Parsis who have been notified as minority communities by the Indian government will be eligible.
- Fresh Scholarships
- Limited annual scholarships for minorities require a selection preference.
- Priority is given to applicants with demonstrated economic need (income certificate required).
- In cases of equal income, senior applicants are favoured based on their date of birth.
- Renewal Scholarships:
- Renewal applicants do not go through a merit-based selection process.
- Renewal eligibility requires achieving a minimum of 50% in the previous year’s exams at the same institute and in the same course.
- Approval is contingent on verification by designated authorities from the Ministry of Minority Affairs and State Governments/UTs.
Must Read: National Institute of Technology
📌 NIT Trichy- Ramabhadran Narayan Scholarship
Offered by: RECAL Foundation
Scholarship Grant Amount: Funded by the interest earned on a Rs 5 lakh corpus deposit, and it benefits one or possibly two students annually.
- Applicant must be a student studying in the second or third of EEE.
- A minimum CGPA of 6 is needed to apply for the scholarship
- Guardian’s income must be less than 6 LPA
- The student should not be a recipient of any other major scholarship worth over Rs.10,000/- per annum
- Firstly, a scholarship availability notification is sent to respective departments. Gradually, all students will receive a mail from the office of the Dean of Student Welfare regarding the available scholarship. Students will be then expected to apply for the scholarship via the scholarship portal.
- Applications will then be screened and ranked based on eligibility criteria.
- Short-listed students are called for a face-to-face interview and selected for the relevant Scholarship heads, according to the criteria specified by the Alumni Donors as a Batch or Individual.
- The selection is done by the Trustees which include 2 representatives from the NIT Trichy, and 5 trustees from the RECAL Association.
📌 NIT Jaipur- Swami Sivananda Memorial Scholarship
Offered by: The Divine Life Society, Sivanandashram
Scholarship Grant Amount: Rs. 24,000 annually per batch
- Applicant’s total family income must be no more than 2LPA.
- To be eligible for this program, you must have a CGPA score of at least 7.00 in your qualifying examination.
- This scholarship is for all students irrespective of their caste, creed or religion.
- Applications are invited annually by the DSW office at MNIT in November/December.
- A selection committee is formed to assess scholarship applications.
- Evaluation criteria include:
- Academic Performance (80% weightage)
- Extra and Co-curricular Activities (20% weightage)
- Academic performance, such as grades or CGPA, accounts for 80% of the selection process.
- The remaining 20% is based on applicants’ involvement and achievements in extra and co-curricular activities.
- Scholarship recipients are announced by the selection committee. Recipients receive the Swami Sivananda Memorial Scholarship for their respective academic year.
📌 NIT Silchar- Swami Dayanand Scholarship Programme
Offered by: Swami Dayanand Charitable Education Foundation
Scholarship Grant Amount: The Swami Dayanand Education Foundation offers annual scholarships of varying amounts, ranging from Rs 15,000 to Rs 1,00,000, to financially disadvantaged but talented students pursuing education and professional courses.
- Secured at least 85% marks in 12th.
- Secured at least 25,000 ranks in JEE Main Examination OR at least 10,000 rank in the NEET examination.
- The students studying in Govt. /Select private Institutes are eligible to apply for this application.
- Family Income should not be more than 6 Lacs from all sources.
The selection procedure for NIT Silchar’s Swami Dayanand Scholarship Programme typically involves the following steps:
- Students must submit their scholarship applications to the designated authorities at NIT Silchar during the specified application period.
- The applications are reviewed to ensure that students meet the eligibility criteria, which may include academic performance and financial need.
- Depending on the specific scholarship category (Gold, Silver, Memorial, etc.), students are categorized based on their eligibility.
- For certain categories, students with the highest GPAs or merit rankings may be given priority.
- Based on eligibility and merit, eligible candidates are shortlisted for the respective scholarship categories.
- Selected students are notified of their scholarship awards, including the amount and category they have been awarded.
📌 NIT Calicut- SILA Scholarship
Offered by: NIT Calicut
Scholarship Grant Amount: The scholarship awards a total of ₹2.1 lakh for the year 2023-2024.
Eligibility Criteria: The scholarship is available to BTech students in the Department of Civil Engineering at NIT Calicut. Students must achieve the highest or second-highest scores in their first, second, and third years of study.
Selection Procedure: The scholarship is awarded based on the highest and second-highest CGPA at the end of the first, second, and third years of study in the B.Tech Civil Engineering degree program.
📜 Other NIT Scholarships
We understand that the number of scholarships provided must not be enough. To compensate we have put together a list of NITs and their official websites so that you can find the information about the scholarships currently being offered or accepted by them. Take a look-
|NIT Andhra Pradesh
|NIT Arunachal Pradesh
Yes, the students who are from economically weaker sections or have secured excellent marks can get NIT scholarships.
Yes, NIT provides fully funded scholarships for the candidates’s merit, need etc.
To apply for NIT scholarships, the candidate can visit the official website and research through different scholarships available.
|How to Prepare for the NIT entrance exam?
|Choosing the Best NIT in India
|Top 10 JEE Main Coaching Institutes in India
|How to Get into NIT?
|NIT BTech Fees 2023
|NIRF Engineering Ranking 2023
This was all about the NIT Scholarships. For more such informative blogs, check out our Indian University page.