IIIT Bangalore stands for the Indian Institute of Information Technology Bangalore. It is a premium research university located in Bangalore, India. IIIT Bangalore is a registered not-for-profit society. The Government of India and the IT industry jointly fund the institute, following a public-private partnership model. Kris Gopalakrishnan, co-founder of Infosys is the chairman of the governing body that manages the functioning of IIIT Bombay. And if you wish to know more about IIIT Bombay, continue reading the blog and find out more information!
This Blog Includes:
The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore was established on 18 September 1998. The campus of IIIT Bangalore was located at International Tech Park. Professor Sadagopan who had earlier served at IIT Kanpur and IIM Bangalore became the founding director. The institute functioned at International Teach Park for four years and then in August 2003 relocated to Electronic City, the present campus. Furthermore, on 4 July 2021, on the occasion of the 21st convocation of the institute, Prof. Sadagopan handed over the directorship of the college to his long-time colleague Prof. Debabrata Das
Also Read: List of IIITs in India
IIIT Bangalore Ranking
Among the best NIRF colleges in Bangalore 2023, IIIT Bangalore is ranked at 74 in all of India.
Why Study at IIIT Bangalore?
The following are the reasons to study at IIIT Bangalore:
- It follows a broad academic philosophy
- The institute offers a perfect balance of theoretical and practice-oriented learning
- IIIT Bangalore’s emphasis on research
- It also enables entrepreneurial support for students to explore various opportunities
- The institute is known to have an excellent peer group
- IIIT Bangalore also offers opportunities for a global exchange opportunity
Courses and Fees
The following are the popular courses offered at IIIT Bangalore, their eligibility and their average fees:
|B.E /BTech||INR 22.4 L||Exam – JEE Mains|
|M.E/MTech||INR 7.68 L – 22.4 L||Graduation – 65%Exam – GATE, JEE Mains|
|MSc||INR 2.56 L – 7.68 L||Exam – CAT, TISSNET, CUET, CEED|
|Certificate||INR 99 K – 2.99 L||Graduation – 50%Exam – CAT|
|PG Diploma||INR 2.49 L – 2.99 L||Graduation – 50%|
|PhD||INR INR 6.56 L||Exam – GATE|
The following are some of the popular fields to pursue at IIIT Bangalore:
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Mathematics and Basic Sciences
- Software Engineering
- VLSI Systems
- Information Technology and Society
- Networking, Communication and Signal Processing
Also Read: IIT vs IIIT: Which One to Choose?
IIIT Bangalore Eligibility Criteria
The candidate must meet the following eligibility criteria to pursue a program at IIIT Bangalore:
- To pursue a bachelor’s degree program, the candidate is required to score at least 50%-55% in their high school education with science stream with main subjects as Physics, Chemistry and Maths. And is required to qualify for the entrance examination – JEE Mains and JEE Advanced
- To pursue a master’s degree program at IIIT Bangalore, the candidate is required to score at least 50%-65% in their graduation and are required to qualify for exams like GATE, CAT, TISSNET, CUET, CEED, JEE Mains depending on the course
Upcoming Events of Admission
The following are some important admission dates 2023:
|M.Sc. Personal Interviews||10 Jun ’23 – 12 Jun ’23|
|CUET 2023 Exam||21 May ’23 – 17 Jun ’23|
|M.Sc. Release of the first list of selected candidates||19 Jun ’23|
|M.Sc. Registrations (New batch)||14 Jul ’23|
|M.E./M.Tech (Integrated) Application 2023 start and end date||25 Apr ’23 – 12 Jun ’23|
|M.E./M.Tech (Integrated) Announcement of Offer List 1||15 Jun ’23|
|M.E./M.Tech (CSE and ECE) Offer List1 Last Date for acceptance||19 Jun ’23|
|M.E./M.Tech (CSE and ECE) Offer List 2 (if any) Announcement||21 Jun ’23|
|M.E./M.Tech (CSE and ECE) Offer List 2 (if any) Last Date for acceptance||26 Jun ’23|
|M.E./M.Tech (Integrated) Offer List 1- Last Date for acceptance||26 Jun ’23|
|M.E./M.Tech (CSE and ECE) Offer List 3 (if any) Announcement||28 Jun ’23|
|M.E./M.Tech (CSE and ECE) Offer List 3 (if any) Last Date for acceptance||3 Jul ’23|
|M.E./M.Tech (CSE and ECE) Reporting date||10 Jul ’23|
|JEE Main 2023 Counselling||19 Jun ’23 – 30 Jun ’23|
Also Read: List of IITs
Basic of How to Apply?
The following are the steps to apply for the S.N Bose scholarship:
- Before applying the candidate must check the eligibility criteria
- To register for the scholarship, the candidates should visit the official website
- The candidate must complete the registration process by providing the required information to obtain the login credentials
- The candidate will be sent a link to verify their profile
- Next, use the login credential to log in to the application portal
- Click on the “apply for starting the application”
- Fill out all the required information accurately and click on the “save” button to save all the details
- Finally, submit the application form, all application is email approved and provided with an online receipt
According to the data of the batch 2024 at the Indian Institute of Information Technology, the highest salary package was 2.02 Cr per annum. The average salary package remained around 24 Lakh per annum with the lowest package of 8 Lakh per annum.
The institute ranks 73 as per the NIRF 2023 rankings. The institute is also known to offer some of the best placement opportunities.
IIIT Bangalore has seven courses with varying requirements and fee requirements
According to the data of the batch 2024 at the Indian Institute of Information Technology, the highest salary package was 2.02 Cr per annum.
We hope that this blog has provided you with relevant information on IIIT Bangalore. And if you wish to study abroad, contact Leverage Edu for full assistance. You can also call us at 1800572000 and book a free session today!