The Indira Gandhi National Open University or IGNOU is a prestigious university established in 1985. The IGNOU offers a promising program MA in Economics to the students. Interested candidates can opt for the program and register themselves on the official website for participation.
The blog article below entails all the details regarding the IGNOU MA Economics admission. Interested students must read the entire blog article diligently.
|Course Duration||2 years (Distance/Correspondence)|
|Course Level||PG Degree|
|Total Tuition Fees||INR 17,600|
This Blog Includes:
MA Economics Admissions Process
The admission portal on the university’s official website will be available for the applicants. Additionally, international students with valid student visas who live in India can also apply for admission to the programmes of their choice.
However, the application process for the candidates is briefly mentioned below:
- Register using the information at the university’s official website.
- Re-login to your account using your username and password, then complete the application for admission and upload the required scanned documents.
- One must pay the admission fee of INR 600 after completing the application form-filling process. Registration costs can be paid using credit/debit cards or through online banking.
- Candidates can keep track of their applications via the registration status site.
- Foreign residential applicants must download the admission form and physically submit it to the institution, together with the required documentation and any applicable registration fees and admission fees.
- Students must present the No-Objection certificate from the relevant Indian embassy, except for PIO/OCI cards.
Here are the required documents to fill out the registration form for admission into the program.
- Scanned Photographs less than 100 KB
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualifications less than 200 KB
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate if any, with less than 200 KB
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC less than 200 KB
- Scanned Copy of the BPL Certificate, if Below the Poverty Line less than 200 KB
- Scanned Signature with less than 100 KB
- Scanned copy of Age Proof with less than 200 KB
Also Read: PhD Scholarships in India
IGNOU MA Economics Programme Details
The IGNOU MA in Economics programme offers a great deal of flexibility by allowing students to finish it in just 2 years or as long as 4 years. More details regarding the programme are briefly mentioned below.
- The program’s 64 total credits are covered over 8 courses including academic, practical, and project-based components.
- The first year consists of four required courses with a total of 8 credits, while the second year consists of two required courses and two elective courses with a total of 8 credits each.
- To pass this course, candidates must get these 64 credits.
- By giving students a choice-based schedule, which allows them to finish the programme on their terms and in the courses of their choosing, the institution offers flexibility to its students.
Students can apply for the IGNOU MA Economics programme on the official website ie, www.ignou.ac.in.
The total tuition fee for the IGNOU MA programme is INR 17600.
The IGNOU MA programme is a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 4 years.
We hope the details on the IGNOU MA Economics Admission process, and other relevant information provided in this blog have been insightful to you. For more such informative blogs do check out our Indian University page of Leverage Edu.