Ashoka University admissions to B.A. and BSc. programs are in an ongoing process for the August 2023 intake. Ashoka University is one of the prestigious universities in India, where eligible students are offered admission in various bachelor and master programmes. At present, this university offers around 35 programmes at Undergraduate, Postgraduate and PhD levels at its various departments.
Candidates interested in pursuing their higher studies at Ashoka University are required to appear for an assessment test and an interview, where their intelligence and personality are tested. Ashoka University conducts the Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT), which is for admission to BA and BSc courses. In this article, we will cover all the important details about Ashoka University and its admission process.
|Name of the University||Ashoka University|
|Entrance exams accepted||GATE, SAT, ACT, AAT|
|Courses Level||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, PhD, PG Diploma|
This Blog Includes:
Ashoka University Important Dates
Candidates who are interested in pursuing any UG or PG or PhD program from Ashoka University must keep themselves updated about the important dates related to this university’s application process and exam dates. Candidates can check the table below to understand Ashoka University’s important dates:
|B.A. Admission (Round 3)||5th April to 31st July 2023|
|B.A. Admission (Round 4)||24th May to 4th August 2023|
|B.Sc. Admission (Round 3)||5th April to 31st July 2023|
|B.Sc. Admission (Round 4)||24th May to 4th August 2023|
|GATE 2024 Application Release||2nd week of August 2023 (tentative)|
|GATE 2024 Registration and late fees||1st week of September 2023 (tentative)|
|Gate 2024 Exam Date||January 2024|
|Gate 2024 Result||February 2024|
Ashoka University Admission Process
Ashoka University’s application process for the B.A. and B.Sc programs is available till 31st July 2023. Candidates who are interested in pursuing any of these courses must know how to apply for these flagship programmes. While applying for admission at Ashoka University’s website, candidates need to fill out the application form online and upload all the required documents. Candidates can follow the below-mentioned instructions to successfully apply for admission at Ashoka University.
- Visit the official website of Ashoka University at https://www.ashoka.edu.in/.
- Under the dashboard, look for the ‘Admission’ option and click on the ‘Application Portal’ option.
- You will be directed to a new website, where you need to choose the course you wish to pursue and start your registration process.
- Candidates must fill in all the required details on the Ashoka University application form.
- After entering your credentials, you need to upload all the necessary documents.
- After successfully uploading your documents, your Ashoka University application form will be submitted.
Ashoka University Courses and Fees and Eligibility Criteria
Ashoka University requires students to take 9 Foundation Courses. All nine courses are mandatory. These courses are not formal gateways into the Major programmes. However, it is advisable to take as many of these courses as you can before you declare your Major. Here’s a list of all the foundational courses offered at Ashoka University:
- Mathematical Thinking
- Principles of Science
- Economics, Politics and Society
- Mind and Behavior
- Indian Civilizations
- Great Books
- Introduction to Critical Thinking
- Environmental studies
- Literature and the World
The table below highlights all the courses offered at Ashoka University, their total tuition fee and eligibility requirements:
|Courses||Total Tuition Fees (INR)||Eligibility Criteria|
|B.A.||2.78 lacs||Must have completed 10+2 from a recognised institution in any stream Need to appear for Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT) and Interview.|
|M.A.||10.74 lacs||Must possess a Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma in Liberal Studies (only for Liberal Arts courses)Must possess valid SAT/ ACT scoresInterview|
|BSc||2.78 lacs||Must have completed 10+2 from a recognised institution in any stream Need to appear for Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT) and Interview.|
|MSc||10.74 lacs||Must have completed graduation in BSc from any recognised institution Appear for CSIR NET/ UGC NET/ GATE|
|PG Diploma||7.5 lacs||Must possess a bachelor’s degree or diplomaAppear for Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT) and Interview|
|PhD||75,000||Must possess a Master’s degree in a relevant field Appear for CSIR NET, ICMR JRF+Interview, JEST, GATE|
Ashoka University Entrance Exam Pattern
Ashoka University conducted the Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT) for admission to various courses available in the university. The Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT) is a 90 minutes test, where candidates will have to attend a total of 40 questions. AAT question paper will consist of two sections – Verbal Ability and Analytical Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. The table below highlights the Ashoka Aptitude Test exam pattern in detail.
|Exam Duration||1 hour 30 minutes (90 minutes)|
|Names of Sections||Verbal Ability and Analytical ReasoningQuantitative Aptitude|
To know more about Ashoka Aptitude Test Exam Pattern, click here.
Ashoka University Admit Card
Ashoka University releases the Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT) admit cards before the commencement of the exam. Candidates who have successfully applied for this university-level entrance exam can download their AAT admit cards by following the instructions given below:
- Log on to the official website of Ashoka University at https://www.ashoka.edu.in/.
- Under the notification section, look for the Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT) Admit Card 2023 option and click on it.
- Candidates need to enter their application number and date of birth to download their AAT admit card.
- After entering your credentials, your AAT admit card will appear on the screen.
- Kindly check your AAT admit card carefully and take a printout of it.
While appearing for the AAT exam, candidates must carry their respective AAT admit cards with them.
How to Prepare for Ashoka University Entrance Exam
Candidates who will clear the minimum required score in the Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT) will be selected for the next stage in the selection process, which is an Interview. Candidates must prepare sufficiently to score better marks on the test. Here are some preparation tips which will surely help you in scoring better marks.
- Create a detailed study plan that outlines the topics you need to cover and allocate specific time slots for each subject.
- Make small notes of every topic you come across and go through them and any other relevant study materials. Identify key concepts, formulas, and theories that are likely to be tested.
- Familiarize yourself with the exam format and types of questions by practising with previous exams or sample papers.
- Click here to download a free Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT) Sample Paper.
- If you come across difficult concepts or have questions, you can seek assistance from your seniors or online or any colleague.
- Practice solving questions under timed conditions to improve your speed and efficiency. This will help you allocate appropriate time to each question during the exam.
Ashoka University Result
Ashoka University will declare the Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT) online after the commencement of the exam on its official website. Candidates who will appear for this exam can check their results after the university has declared them. Candidates can download their Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT) results by following the instructions mentioned below:
- Go to the official website of Ashoka University at https://www.ashoka.edu.in/.
- Under the notification section, look for the ‘AAT Result 2023’ section and click on it.
- Enter your application number to check your AAT result.
- The entire AAT Result sheet will be displayed on your screen.
- You need to look for your name and application number on the AAT Result sheet.
Ashoka University, Sonipat has a reputation for offering a liberal education on a world-class level and its programmes are recognised by some of the top organizations in the world.
Ashoka University charges INR 2.78 lacs for its BSc programme, which is a flagship programme. Candidates who possess the required eligibility can apply for this course.
Candidates who are interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree at Ashoka University, can apply before 31st July 2023.
Ashoka University is a privately-owned university, located in Sonipat, Haryana, where Undergraduate, Postgraduate, PG Diploma and PhD programmes are offered to eligible candidates. If you are interested in applying for BA or BSc programme, make sure to apply before 31st July 2023.