Are you seeking admission to IIM without CAT exam? Well, you have come to the right place. The Indian Institute of Management, also popularly known as IIM are some of the prestigious institutes known for business studies. This institution is known for its MBA, PGDM, PGP, Executive MBA and other fellowship programs.
Interestingly, IIMs are created by a special act of parliament and are registered under institutions of national importance. As of date, there are 20 IIMs in India. In this article, you will learn about how you can get into an IIM without actually clearing your CAT exam.
This Blog Includes:
- IIM Courses Available Without CAT
- Eligibility for Admission in IIM Without CAT
- Other Ways to Get Admission to IIM Without CAT
- Eligibility For BBA in IIM
- Admission Process at IIM
IIM Courses Available Without CAT
We all wish to pursue courses in IIM without giving CAT. Here is the list of courses which you take without having the need to give CAT.
This course is designed for seasonal professionals, sports lovers, and administrators. All those candidates interested can pursue the same, which is a two-year course. Candidates who will graduate from this course will be able to understand the legal, regulatory, money-related issues, operational, and branding concepts in the sports industry, nationally and globally.
In this programme, candidates will learn business-related skills such as leadership skills, different strategies which need to be implemented and how one can grow in an organisation. An online course is also available for Rs 187,500 (course price may vary from year to year) which students can pursue.
Accounting and Finance
This course has been designed for all those candidates who want to get a better understanding of financial management. It also covers how to deal with managing costs and working capital. The course is available for Rs 11, 172 (price may vary from year to year).
This six-month course is designed to help students learn about analytical knowledge. The course is also available on Coursera.
Also Read: How to Crack CAT in First Attempt?
Eligibility for Admission in IIM Without CAT
If you are looking for an opportunity to get admission to IIM without CAT, then here are some criteria which you need to look into.
- The minimum requirement is a graduate degree with at least 50 per cent for General EWS, and NC-OBC categories, while SC, ST, and PwD categories need to have 45 per cent.
- All those candidates who are in their final year of graduation are also eligible for IIM.
- Candidates must make sure that they meet the minimum cutoffs in order to participate in the WAT/PI rounds and then expect interview calls.
Other Ways to Get Admission to IIM Without CAT
Apart from giving CAT, there are other ways as well to get into IIM. Below mentioned are some of them.
Several IIMs including, IIM Jammu, IIM Bodh Gaya, IIM Rohtak, and IIM Indore have programmes where the candidate can enrol himself/herself without giving CAT. This can be done simply by giving JIPMAT which is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Students who get into IIM will study five-year integrated courses and can also get two degrees.
For students who wish to study a one-year full-time MBA programme, several IIMs admit candidates via their Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores. In order to be eligible for the same, they should graduate with a minimum of 50 per cent marks.
Other than entrance exams, IIMs also provide several certification courses which involve diplomas for both students and working professionals. Anyone can enrol for the same by visiting e-learning platforms like Coursera, and edX.
Eligibility For BBA in IIM
In order to get into an IIM, it is very crucial that you know the eligibility criteria for the same. Below mentioned are some of the criteria, based on which you can get your admission:
- The candidate’s age should not be more than 20 years at the time of admission. It is very important that the candidate is born before on or after 01 Aug 2001. However, there is an exception for the SC, ST, and OBC candidates, they get a five-year relaxation, meaning the candidate should be less than or equal to 25 years.
- The candidate should have passed the Class 10th and 12th examinations with a minimum of 60 per cent. Whereas, for the SC/ST and OBC candidates, they must have cleared their Class and 10th and 12th with a minimum of 55 per cent.
- Candidates who have passed their schooling from boards like IGCSE and IB can also apply for BBA in IIMs.
Also Read: How to Prepare for Competitive Exams?
Admission Process at IIM
There are two IIMs, IIM Rohtak and IIM Indore which are known for offering five year integrated programme in management which is known as IPM.
In order to get admission to the university, the candidate will have to fill out an application form which will be available on IIM Indore and IIM Rohtak’s official website. This form comes out in February every year. Once all the basic admission formalities are done, the candidate will then be eligible for an aptitude test. This test is different for both IIM Rohtak and IIM Indore.
Final Selection at IIM
This is the last and final section where the candidate is tested based on his/her skills. Here are all the steps which are involved in the final selection process.
- Writing Ability Test score
- Personal Interview score
- GMAT score
- Past academic performance
- Work experience
The minimum cutoff for IIM Ahmedabad is 80 per cent (overall) and 70 per cent for all three different sections. Although, getting a minimum percentage in the CAT exam does not mean the candidate will be admitted.
Candidates can pursue the courses available without a CAT exam. Apart from this, candidates can get admission with JIPMAT or GMAT scores.
Candidates can pursue courses like
(1) Sports management
(2) Business Management
(3) Accounting and Finance
(4) Management Science
For more such informative blogs do check out our Indian University page, and if you have any queries feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and stay tuned to our social media handles of Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.