The PU MET exam pattern is designed by Panjab University, Chandigarh. Through the exam pattern, candidates get to understand important concepts like exam format, the total number of questions and marks, section-wise division of the PU MET exam and other important details. The PU MET is a university-level entrance exam through which selected candidates can pursue an MBA course at the University Institute of Applied Management Science (UIAMS).
Candidates who appeared for the PU MET 2023 on April 16th 2023 must know about the exam pattern, marking scheme, types of questions and section-wise division of the exam. Read this article to know more about the PU MET exam pattern.
|PU MET 2023
|Panjab University Management Entrance Test
|INR 2,395 for General Category
INR 1,198 for Reserved Categories
|+1 for each correct answer
This Blog Includes:
PU MET Exam Pattern 2023
The PU MET 2023 exam was conducted in offline mode, where candidates had to mark their responses in OMR sheets. The exam pattern helps the candidates in understanding the nature of the exam and subject-wise weightage in the exam. The PU MET question paper is divided into 6 different sections, which are mentioned below:
- Economics and Business Environment Awareness
- Data Interpretation and Problem-Solving
- Numerical Ability
- General Knowledge
- English Comprehension
- Verbal Ability/ Reasoning
Here is a table which highlights the PU MET exam pattern.
|2 Hours (120 Minutes)
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
|Total Number of Questions
|Mode of Examination
|Offline (pen and paper-based)
Also Read – PU MET Exam 2023
PU MET Marking Scheme
Before appearing for the upcoming PU MET exam, candidates must be aware of the marking scheme. After understanding the marking scheme, candidates can understand how they will be graded in the exam and how many marks they can lose if they mark wrong answers. The PU MET marking scheme is as follows:
- Each question will have 1 mark.
- For each correct answer marked by the candidate, a +1 mark will be awarded.
- For each incorrect answer, a 0.25 mark will be deducted from the candidate’s final score.
PU MET Exam Scheme: Important Details
The PU MET 2023 exam was conducted in an offline mode by Panjab University. Here are some important details about the PU MET exam which will help candidates with their upcoming exam preparation and response to the exam.
- The PU MET exam will have a total weightage of 85% of the entire selection process.
- The remaining 15% will be part of the Counselling stage (Group Discussion and Personal Interview)
- The PU MET question paper will consist of a total of 200 MCQ-based questions.
- Each question will carry 1 mark.
- Every question will have four options, out of which candidates have to select any one.
- The PU MET question paper will be divided into 6 sections – Economic and Business Environment Awareness, Data Interpretation and Problem Solving, General Knowledge, English Comprehension, Numerical Ability and Verbal Ability/ Reasoning.
Also Read – Top Management Courses, Specializations & Scope
The PU MET exam is the abbreviation for the Panjab University Management Entrance Test, which is conducted by Panjab University, Chandigarh.
The PU MET exam pattern will be as follows – the question paper will contain a total of 200 marks, divided into 6 different sections, and the duration of the exam will be 2 hours. The subjects included in the exam are – Economic and Business Environment Awareness, Data Interpretation and Problem Solving, General Knowledge, English Comprehension, Numerical Ability and Verbal Ability/ Reasoning.
To become eligible for the PU MET exam, candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree with an aggregate of 50%. For candidates belonging to Reserved categories, the required aggregate in bachelor’s degree is 45%.
While filling out the application form for the PU MET exam, candidates are required to pay INR 2,395 online through a Credit card/ Debit card/ Net banking. For candidates belonging to the Reserved Categories, the application fee is INR 1,198.
The Panjab University every year conducts the Management Entrance Test (MET) to offer admissions to MBA programs at the University Institute of Applied Management Science (UIAMS). Candidates who will be appearing for the PU MET 2023 exam, must be aware of the exam pattern and marking scheme of this exam.