MU OET Exam: The Manipal Entrance test, popularly known as MU OET, is a university-level entrance exam, conducted by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education to offer admission into various Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes. Candidates who will crack the MU OET exam will be given admission to various courses Undergraduate and Postgraduate level courses. The MU OET exam is conducted online (Computer-based Test), with three different phases, 1, 2, and 3, dates of which have been announced by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education. The exam will be conducted on 28th – 30th April 2023 for Phase 1, and for Phase 2, the exam will be held on 27th – 28th May 2023.
|Exam Name||MU OET 2023|
|Full Form||Manipal University Online Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Manipal Academy of Higher Education|
|Examination Mode||Online CBT (Computer-based Test)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Application Fee||Indian – INR 2000
Foreigners – INR 2500
This Blog Includes:
- About MU OET Exam
- MU OET 2023 Important Dates
- MU OET 2023 Application Procedure
- MU OET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- MU OET 2023 Syllabus
- MU OET 2023 Exam Pattern
- MU OET 2023 Admit Card
- How to Prepare for MU OET 2023
- MU OET 2023 Answer Key
- MU OET 2023 Result
- MU OET 2023 Selection Process
- MU OET 2023 Cut-Off
About MU OET Exam
The MU OET is a university-level entrance exam which offers admission into 218 programs in 19 different disciplines. The Manipal Academy of Higher Education is one of the most popular and largest technical institutions in the country, enrolling students from more than 50 countries every year in different courses and programs. The Manipal Academy of Higher Education was earlier known as Kasturba Medical College when it was established in 1953. This university has affiliations with a total of 19 colleges, spread all over the country.
MU OET 2023 Important Dates
To know all the important dates of the MU OET exam, candidates must check the below-mentioned tables.
Phase 1 Important Dates
All the important dates for MU Online Entrance Test Phase 1 2023 are mentioned below.
|Application Process Begins||5th Oct 2022|
|Last Date to Apply||15th March 2023|
|Online Test Slot Booking||21st to 24th April 2023|
|Exam Dates||28th to 30th April 2023|
Phase 2 Important Dates
Check the table given below to know all the important dates for MU Online Entrance Test Phase 2 2023.
|Application Process Begins||After the last date of Phase 1 Application (15th March)|
|Last Date to Apply||April/ May 2023|
|Online Test Slot Booking||19th May to 22nd May 2023|
|Exam Dates||27th and 28th May 2023|
|Result Declaration||June 2nd week 2023|
Phase 3 Important Dates
Here is a table highlighting all the important dates for MU Online Entrance Test Phase 3 2023.
|Application Process Begins||April 2023|
|Last Date to Apply||May 2023|
|Online Test Slot Booking||May 2023|
|Exam Dates||June 2023|
|Result Declaration||July 2023|
MU OET 2023 Application Procedure
Candidates who are interested in pursuing any course from the Manipal Academy of Higher Education can apply by following the below-given instructions.
- Go to the official website of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
- Under the student’s section, look for the ‘Admission Process’ option and click on it.
- A new tab will appear where you have to complete your registration for the Manipal Academy website.
- The registration process will ask for your name, email address, contact number, and stream and course you wish to pursue.
- Submit your form and you will be provided with a User ID and Password on your email address.
- Login on the Manipal Academy website using those credentials.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ option and upload your documents.
- Candidates must upload their original documents and certificates in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee online.
- The application fee for Indian nationals is INR 2000 (INR 600 = Admission Fee and INR 1400 = Entrance Test Fee).
- The Application fee for foreign nationals is INR 2500.
- After the application fee is successfully paid, submit your application form.
MU OET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
In order to successfully apply for the MU OET 2023 entrance exam, candidates must fulfil all the required eligibility criteria. The Manipal Academy of Higher Education enrols students under the Indian/Domestic (General) or Foreign/NRI category, fulfilling all the eligibility requirements. Admissions will be given on the basis of merit.
Here is a course-wise division of eligibility criteria for MU OET 2023.
Candidates who are interested in pursuing B.Tech must have
- Candidates must have passed the HSC exam from any university recognized by the government.
- Candidates must have qualified compulsory subjects including English, Mathematics and Physics, along with Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, or any other technical vocational subject.
- Candidates must have scored at least 50% in the qualifying examination.
Candidates interested in pursuing B.Tech Programmes must have
- Completed their 10+2 from a board recognized by the government.
- Scored a minimum of 50% marks in their 10+2 with physics, and mathematics as compulsory subjects.
Candidates interested in pursuing M.Tech must have
- Completed their BE/B. Tech or any other equivalent exam from a recognised university.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 455 marks in their qualifying examination.
For BA (Humanities/Liberal Arts)
Candidates interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Arts (BA) must have
- Completed their 10+2 standard or equivalent from an institution recognised by the government.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in their 10+2.
Candidates interested in pursuing M.Com Programme must have
- Completed their bachelor’s degree in commerce or management from a recognised institution or board.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
Candidates interested in pursuing M.Sc Nursing must have
- Completed their B.Sc/ B.Sc Nursing from a recognized university or institution.
- Scored a minimum aggregate of 55% in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates must have a working experience of at least 1 year.
MU OET 2023 Syllabus
In its latest notification about the Manipal University Online Entrance test (MU OET) 2023, the Manipal Academy of Higher Education has mentioned all the details about the exam syllabus. The subjects and topics from which questions will be asked in the MU OET 2023 exam are given in the table below.
|Section A||English||Use of Articles
Fill in the blanks
|Section B||Chemistry||Atomic Structure
Matter (Solid, Liquid and Gas)
Acids, Bases and Salts
Amino Acids and Proteins
Oils and Fats
|Section C||Physics||Heat and Energy
Law of Motion
|Section D||Mathematics||Matrics and Determinants
Elements of Number Theory
MU OET 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates preparing for the MU OET 2023 entrance exam must be aware of all the aspects related to the exam. The exam pattern for the MU OET 2023 entrance exam will help you in knowing about the types of questions which will be asked in the exam, exam duration, marking scheme, the total number of questions, different sections and their weightage, etc. Check the table below to learn about the MU OET 2023 exam pattern.
|Examination Mode||Online CBT (Computer-Based Test)|
|Types of Questions||MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)
Numerical Based Questions
|Sections||English – 10 MCQs
Chemistry – 10 MCQs & 5 Numerical-Based Questions
Physics – 10 MCQs & 5 Numerical-Based Questions
Mathematics – 15 MCQs & 5 Numerical Based Questions
|Examination Duration||2 hours|
|Marking Scheme||Candidates will be given +4 for each correct MCQ
Candidates will be given +4 for each correct Numerical Question
|Negative Marking||For each wrong answer, a -1 mark will be deducted from the candidate’s final score.The numerical-based questions will have no negative marking.|
To know about the section-wise division of the MU OET 2023 entrance exam, check the below-mentioned table.
|Sections||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
MU OET 2023 Admit Card
The Admit Card for the Manipal University Online Entrance Test 2023 (MU OET) will be released by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education before the commencement of the exam. The MU OET 2023 admit card will contain important information including the candidate’s name, registration number, date of birth, exam venue, and exam date.
Before downloading their admit card, aspirants have to book their slots on the official website of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education. After successfully completing your slot booking candidates can download their admit card by following the below-given instructions.
- Visit the official website of the Manipal University mentioned above.
- Log in on the website using your ID and password.
- Look for the ‘Admit Card’ section and click on it.
- Your admit card will appear on your screen.
- Check all the details mentioned in it carefully.
- Download it and take a printout of it.
While appearing for the MU OET 2023 examination, candidates must bring their respective admit cards to the examination hall. Without the admit card, no candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall.
How to Prepare for MU OET 2023
MU OET is one of the most competitive examinations in the country. In order to crack the MU OET 2023 entrance exam, candidates must prepare efficiently to score better marks. All the candidates appearing for the MU OET 2023 entrance exam are recommended to go through certain tips and tactics which will help them in improving their performance in the exam.
Best Books to Prepare for MU OET 2023
Good sources of information will always help you in your examinations and life. The same is the criteria for the MU OET 2023 entrance exam. Candidates preparing for this exam must have all the books which will provide them with sufficient information to score good marks in the exam. Here is a table highlighting some of the important books which will surely help you in preparing for the MU OET 2023 entrance exam.
|English||General English||S.C Gupta|
|Chemistry||Concepts of Organic Chemistry||Ajnish Kumar Gupta and Bharti Gupta|
|Physics||Foundation Course in Physics||Disha Publications|
|Mathematics||12th standard Mathematics||NCERT|
Before appearing for the MU OET 2023 entrance exam, candidates must have solved mock tests. There are many advantages to solving mock tests. Below are listed some of the advantages/ benefits of solving mock tests.
- Mocks will help you in getting familiarized with the examination pattern.
- You will realize your weak points and strengths.
- Mocks will provide you with a real examination experience.
- You can manage your examination time in a better way.
Before appearing for the MU OET 2023 entrance exam, candidates must have a good hold over all the subjects and topics from which questions will be asked in the examination. Candidates must give enough time to their preparation so that they appear in the exam with full confidence. Here are some preparation tips which all candidates should follow to prepare well for the MU OET 2023 exam.
- Make a list of all the subjects and topics which will be covered in the exam.
- Prepare a decent timetable according to this list and study consistently.
- Give more time to topics where you are weak.
- Make notes of all important topics and do daily revisions.
- Read newspapers, magazines and blogs to improve your English language skills.
- Solve as many mock tests to get a better idea of the examination.
- During the last days before the exam, revise all the subjects and topics which you have studied throughout your preparation period.
- Give your mind and body enough rest and eat a healthy meal to stay fit.
MU OET 2023 Answer Key
The Manipal University Online Entrance Test 2023 answer key will have all the correct answers marked in the sheet with the actual response given by candidates on their answer sheet in the exam. The Manipal Academy of Higher Education will release the MU OET 2023 answer key after the written exam is over. Candidates can download their respective answer keys by logging on to the official website of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
MU OET 2023 Result
Candidates who will appear in the MU OET 2023 entrance exam can download the exam result from the official website of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education. The official of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education will declare the examination results after the MU OET 2023 entrance exam is over. The result sheets will show the All India Rank of all the candidates who will appear in the MU OET 2023 exam.
MU OET 2023 Selection Process
The Manipal University Online Entrance Test 2023 will have 2 different stages, which are the MU OET 2023 entrance exam and the Counselling process. Candidates who will meet the qualifying in the entrance exam will be called for the counselling session, which will be conducted physically at the centres prescribed by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
MU OET 2023 Cut-Off
After the MU OET 2023 entrance exam is over, the Manipal Academy of Higher Education will release the cut-off marks on its official website. The cut-off marks will depend on factors like the total number of candidates who had appeared for the entrance exam and how many of them have qualified, the total number of seats available, the difficulty level of the exam, and the previous year’s cut-off trend. Candidates can check the cut-off list by logging on to the official website of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
MU OET is the abbreviation for the Manipal University Online Entrance Test, conducted by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education to enrol students in various undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
The MU OET 2023 exam will be conducted in three different phases, which are, Phase 1, Phase 2 and Phase 3. The dates for all the 3 phases of the exam are different, which are declared by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
Yes. The objective questions section will have negative markings. For each wrong answer marked by the candidate in the MCQ section, a 0.25 mark will be deducted from the candidate’s final score.
The MU OET 2023, the abbreviation for The Manipal University Online Entrance Test, will be conducted by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education to enrol eligible students for various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Candidates who are interested in the MU OET 2023 entrance exam can apply online on the official website of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
For any other information related to examinations, visit the website of LeverageEdu Indian Exam, and do not forget to check out our social media pages on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter LinkedIn.