DSE Odisha recruitment is a placement drive by the Directorate of Secondary Education, Odisha to invite potential candidates to fill vacancies for the various teaching positions in Odisha. An online test will be conducted for all the applicants at various centres to screen candidates for the available positions. In this blog, we will discuss DSE Odisha Exam.
|DSE full form||Directorate of Secondary Education|
|Conducting Body||DSE, Odisha|
|Number of Vacancies||11403|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|DSE Application Dates||Last of August 2023 – Mid of September 2023|
|DSE Odisha Exam Application Fees||INR 600|
|Selection Process||2 Part Computer Based Competitive Exam|
This Blog Includes:
Dates for DSE Odisha Recruitment 2021-2022
Following are the important dates for DSE Odisha recruitment 2022:
|Online application begins||03 January 2022|
|Deadline for Online application||07 February 2022|
|Admit card release date||21 February 2022|
|Date of Examination||03 March 2022 – 10 March 2022|
|DSE Odisha results in 2021 – 2022||21st April 2022|
How to Apply for DSE Odisha?
The process of application for DSE Odisha is completely online. One can follow the mentioned guidelines to apply for the next set of vacancies:
- Visit the official website of DSE Odisha; https://dseodisha.in/.
- Under the recruitment heading, there are several application forms for different job posts.
- Select the application form for the post you are considering.
- Register yourself as a new applicant.
- Fill in your particulars according to the documents you are submitting.
- Attach the necessary documents and make payment.
- Click on ‘Final Submission’ and take a print of the form.
Application Fee for DSE Odisha 2022
On the application page, the candidates will find a payment gateway for application fees where they can make their payments and complete the application. The payment is only to be made online.
Eligibility for DSE Odisha Recruitment 2022
Before filling up an application form the candidate must check the eligibility for the post in terms of qualification, age etc.
- As of 01 January 2021, the candidate must have attained the age of 21 and must be below the age of 32.
- There is an upper age limit relaxation of 5 years for candidates from ST/SC/SEBC categories and Women, PWD candidates have a relaxation of 10 years, and ex-military people have a relaxation as per GE.
- Educational qualifications from esteemed institutions for various positions are as follows:
|TGT Arts||BA/B.Com or Shastri Degree + B.EdOr Integrated B.Ed + M.Ed||50% – General 45% Reserved|
|TGT Science (PCM/CBZ)||B.Sc/B.Tech/B.E. + B.Ed.Integrated BSc. + B.Ed||50% – General 45% Reserved|
|Hindi Teacher||Bachelors with Hindi + Educational courseOrBachelors and a Hindi specialization course||50% – General 45% Reserved|
|Classical Teacher (Sanskrit)||Bachelor’s degree with Sanskrit + Shiksha Shastri course Shastri (Sanskrit) + Shiksha Shastri course||50% – General 45% Reserved|
|Classical Teacher (Telugu)||B.A. with Telugu + Telugu B.Ed||50% – General 45% Reserved|
|Physical Education Teacher||10+2 and C.P.Ed/B.P.Ed/M.P.Ed||50% – General 45% Reserved|
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate must be able to read Odia.
- Ink signed signature.
- HSE, BSE (Odisha) or any equivalent examination passing certificate as age proof.
- Graduation and 12th certificate or any equivalent to it as advised by the deciding committee.
- NCTE recognised the institute’s training certificate.
- Mark lists of all qualifications.
- Odia pass certificate.
- BSE recognised OSSTET pass certificate.
- 2 passport-size photographs.
- Caste, Disability, and Discharge certificates for reserved categories.
- Director issued ID Cards for candidates from the sports quota.
- Proof of marriage.
Vacancies for DSE Odisha Recruitment 2022
Following is the list of vacancies for the DSE Odisha recruitment exam 2022:
|Name||Number of Vacancies|
|TGT Science PCM||2370|
|TGT Science CBZ||1544|
DSE Exam Pattern 2022
The selection for DSE Exam Odisha Recruitment 2021-2022 was based on CBT (Computer Based Test) Results.
- A government reserved committee decides a normalisation score for CBT to screen candidates.
- The committee prepares a list of candidates after screening the scores.
- The candidates mentioned in the merit list are then called for document verification.
- The submitted documents shall verify the given information of age, residence, and category in case of reservations.
|Test Duration (Minutes)||150|
|Number of Questions||150|
DSE Exam Syllabus 2022
The DSE Odisha Exam is divided into 2 papers of which Paper I is the common paper for all posts consisting of 50 questions for 50 marks and Paper II is a subject-specific paper consisting of 100 questions for 100 marks.
- General knowledge and Current Affairs
- Reasoning Ability
- Computer literacy
- Pedagogy and Evaluation.
TGT Science (PCM) – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
TGT Science (CBZ) – Chemistry, Botany, Zoology
TGT Arts – History, Political science, Geography, Economics, English, Odia
Hindi Teacher – Hindi language, literature, grammar, vocabulary
Telugu Teacher – Telugu language, literature, grammar, vocabulary, comprehension and teaching
Sanskrit Teacher – Sanskrit language, literature, grammar, vocabulary, comprehension and teaching
Physical Education – History, Terminologies, Current affairs etc
Salary Packages for DSE Recruitment 2022
The candidates of each social category will be allocated according to a district by Central Online Counselling based on their reservation.
|TGT Arts, TGT Science (PCM), TGT Science (CBZ)||INR 25,300|
|Hindi Teacher, Sanskrit Teacher, Telugu Teacher||INR 25,300|
|Physical Education Teacher||INR 15,000|
A1. There are no notifications for DSE Odisha recruitment 2023 by the Directorate of Secondary Education. The application process for the DSE Exam is expected to start in late 2023.
A2. No, certification of knowing the Odia language is acceptable for application at the language courses. There is no requirement for Odia language for the posts of TGT Arts or TGT Science teachers.
A3. There were a total of 11,403 teacher vacancies in the DSE Odisha recruitment 2022.
For the latest updates on exams, follow Leverage Edu on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter. Subscribe to our newsletter to avoid missing out on exam news.