Lucknow University Management Entrance Test (LUMET) is conducted by Lucknow University. Students who are willing to pursue MBA and other MTTM programs offered by LU. Students having a valid CAT exam score can also apply for MBA admission directly.
The article entails all the important details such as the application process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and syllabus for LUMET. Interested students must go through all the important information mentioned in the article diligently.
|Short Name||Lucknow University Management Entrance Test|
|Conducting Authority||Lucknow University (LU)|
|Exam Duration||90 Minutes|
|Exam Level||University Level|
This Blog Includes:
- Latest Update LUMET Exam 2023
- Important Dates LUMET 2023
- LUMET 2023 Exam Pattern
- Exam Syllabus LUMET 2023
- Eligibility Criteria LUMET Exam 2023
- Application Process LUMET Exam 2023
- Admit Card LUMET Exam 2023
- Results LUMET 2023
- Counselling Process LUMET Exam 2023
- Preparation Tips LUMET 2023
Latest Update LUMET Exam 2023
The application dates for the LUMET 2023 will be updated soon on the official website of the exam conducting authority. The selection of the candidates will be based on the LUMET and CAT scores individually. Students must fill out the applications for LUMET 2023 immediately after the forms are released.
Important Dates LUMET 2023
Students willing to give the exam must keep themselves updated with the dates of LUMET 2023. The application will be released in April 2023. The dates for important events related to LUMET 2023 are given in the table below.
|Application Release||April 2023|
|Application Deadline||June 2023|
|Admit Card||July 2023|
|Result Declaration||August 2023|
Also Read: Top Management Courses
LUMET 2023 Exam Pattern
Students willing to give the LUMET 2023 examination must be thorough with the exam pattern followed in the examination. Students will be given 90 minutes in total to complete the question paper. There is no negative marking followed in the LUMET examination. Students must refer to the table below for the LUMET 2023 exam pattern.
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper-Based Examination|
|Exam Duration||90 Minutes|
|Number of questions||100|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
Section Wise Weightage
The section-wise distribution of questions and marks for each section are explained in the table given below.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation||25||50|
|English Verbal Ability & Comprehension||25||50|
Marking Scheme LUMET 2023
Students must know the marking pattern of the LUMET 2023 examination. The marking scheme is briefly given in the table below.
Exam Syllabus LUMET 2023
The LUMET 2023 examination has four sections students need to prepare for. Students must go through the exam syllabus while preparing for the examination. The syllabus for each section is briefly mentioned in the table given below.
|English Verbal Ability & Comprehension||Grammar, Synonyms, Antonym, Vocabulary, Passage Comprehension, Language Skills, Sentence Completion, Phrases, Passage-based questions, etc.|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||Decision Making, Judgement, Discrimination, Coding Decoding, Observation, Decision Making, Seating Arrangement, Analysis etc.|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Algebra, Percentage, Averages, Probability, Menstruation, Inequations, Geometry, Arithmetic, Number System, Profit and loss, Simple and compound interests, Time-speed-distance, etc.|
|General Awareness||Business, Static GK, History, Geography, Science, Economy, Famous Personalities, Current Affairs, etc.|
Eligibility Criteria LUMET Exam 2023
Students applying for LUMET 2023 must go through the eligibility criteria set by the authorities. Students must abide by the criteria to avoid their disqualification in the LUMET 2023. The criteria for students are mentioned below briefly.
- Candidates must have completed their Graduation from a recognised institution/university.
- Candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate in their Graduation.
- Candidates belonging to must have secured at least 45% marks in aggregate in their Graduation.
- All the candidates must have their education certificates of 10+2 and Graduation.
- Candidates appearing in their last semester examination can also apply for LUMET 2023. The eligibility must be fulfilled on the day of admission to Lucknow University (LU).
Application Process LUMET Exam 2023
Students willing to apply for the LUMET 2023 must go through the application process. The applications will be accepted online. The application process for LUMET 2023 is given below in pointers.
- Candidates need to visit the official website of the exam conducting authority.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link available on the page.
- You will be redirected to the application page.
- Fill in all the required details in the form.
- Upload the required documents (scanned documents).
- Before submitting the documents, students must check the details entered thoroughly.
- Any wrong detail given by the candidates will lead to the rejection of the application.
- Pay the required fees to submit the application.
- Click on ‘Submit’ after filling in the details.
Candidates can pay the application fee through Debit Card, Credit Card, UPI or Net Banking.
Application Fee (Category Wise)
The application fee for the LUMET 2023 is as follows:
- General and OBC category candidates have to pay INR 1,600/-
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category have to pay INR 800/-
Students must keep all the documents at the time of the application process. The list of important documents for LUMET 2023 is mentioned below.
- Aadhar Card
- Caste Certificate
- Scanned Passport Size Photograph
- Class 10 and 10+2 certificates
- Graduation Mark Sheets
Admit Card LUMET Exam 2023
The admit card for LUMET 2023 will be released online on the official website of the exam conducting authority, just five days before the examination. The admit card is the most important document that is needed on the day of the examination. The admit card will be only issued to the students who have registered for the LUMET 2023 examination.
How to download the Admit Card?
The steps to download the LUMET 2023 admit card are mentioned below.
- Candidates need to visit the official website.
- Click on the link available ‘Download Admit Card’.
- You will be redirected to the login page.
- Login using your credentials.
- Your admit cards will appear on the screen (PDF format).
- Download the PDF and take out at least 2 printed copies of the same.
Also Read: Bachelors of Management Studies or BMS Course
Details Mentioned on LUMET Exam 2023 Admit Card
The following details are mentioned in the Admit Card of LUMET 2023.
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Birth Date
- Exam Date
- Exam Time
- Exam Centre
- Contact Details
- Instruction related to LUMET 2023 examination
Results LUMET 2023
The results for the LUMET 2023 will be released online on the official website of the exam conducting authority. The results will be declared through a merit list after evaluating the performance of the candidates who appeared in the examination.
After the results are declared, a Personal Interview (PI) will be conducted. The PI will be held in the Lucknow University campus. The final results after the PI round will be announced thereafter.
How to check the results of the LUMET Exam 2023?
The steps to download the LUMET 2023 scorecard are as follows:
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the exam conducting authority.
- Candidates need to log in using their credentials (registration number and password).
- Candidates need to click on the ‘Overall Merit List of MBA/MTTM’.
- Candidates will be redirected to the overall merit list of the MBA/MTTM entrance examination.
- Candidates can check their names on the merit list.
Scorecard LUMET 2023
Lucknow University will not send scorecards to the students. Candidates can download their scorecards for LUMET 2023. The scorecard will be released on the official website. Candidates can download their individual scorecards from the website.
Counselling Process LUMET Exam 2023
The counselling process of LUMET 2023 will be conducted online. Candidates need to upload relevant documents for the seat allotment process. The window for counselling will be open for the students on the official website. Candidates appearing for the counselling process can upload all the relevant documents on the official website. The choice-filling steps are mentioned briefly below.
- Students need to visit the official website of Lucknow University.
- Students need to click on the ‘Admission 2023-24’.
- Click on the ‘choice filling link’ or students can directly copy the link.
- Enter your login credentials (registration number and password).
- Enter the captcha code and click on ‘Login’.
- Candidates need to enter all the relevant details and upload all the documents as prescribed in the format.
- Click on ‘submit’ to complete the process.
Preparation Tips LUMET 2023
There are some important tips that every student must follow to get the results they are aiming for. The tips to give the LUMET 2023 are given below.
- Students must start preparing for the examination before the dates of the examination are announced.
- Students must practise the LUMET sample papers.
- Students must cover the syllabus at least one week before the examination.
- Waking up early in the morning and doing your revision is the best habit students can inculcate.
- Reading newspapers and watching the news daily to keep yourself updated on current affairs.
- Make notes of the things you need to remember for your examination.
- As this is a competitive examination, we advise students to refer to different books for preparation.
Important Books for LUMET 2023
Having reference books for preparing for a competitive examination is a must. Choosing the right book for the examination can give you the results you are aiming for. The list of the important books related to the LUMET 2023 examination is given below.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination (DR. R.S Aggarwal)
- Mathematics for MBA Entrance Examination (Dr. R.S. Aggarwal)
- The Pearson Complete Guide to the CAT (Nishit K. Sinha)
- Mission MBA MAT Guide (BS Sijwali and Tarun Goyal)
- Verbal Ability & Comprehension for CAT/XAT/IIFT and other exams (Bharti Patodi and Aditya Choudhary
- The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examinations (Dinesh Khatter)
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning (Dr. R.S Aggarwal)
Also Read: Marketing Management
The full form of LUMET is Lucknow University Management Entrance Test.
LUMET is conducted by Lucknow University.
The exam of LUMET consists of mainly four sections total Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning and English Verbal Ability & Comprehension.
Students will be given 90 minutes in total to complete the examination.
There are six specialisations offered by Lucknow University. The list of the following is mentioned below:
MBA (Finance & Control)
MBA (Human Resource & Industrial Relations)
MBA (International Business)
MTTM (Master of Travel and Tourism Administration)
Students will have to answer Multiple Choice Questions in the examination.
For more updates on such topics, keep an eye on the official website of Leverage Edu Indian Exams page, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.