Assam polytechnic exam is a state-level examination conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education of Assam. This entrance test is conducted to provide admission to 10th-pass students in three-year diploma courses of engineering and technology in 26 polytechnic institutes affiliated with the Assam government and 2 institutions of the central government of India. This is a two-hour examination that is conducted offline. Aspirants must brush up on their Mathematics, Science, GK, and English syllabus of higher secondary level to ace this entrance test and procure admission to the desired polytechnic institution in Assam.
|Exam||Assam Polytechnic Admission Test|
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Technical Education of Assam|
|Eligible Courses||3-year diploma courses in Technology and Engineering|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Exam Fees||INR 500|
This Blog Includes:
- Assam PAT 2023 Latest Updates
- Assam PAT 2023 Exam Dates
- Assam PAT 2023 Exam Pattern
- Assam PAT 2023 Syllabus
- Assam PAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Assam PAT 2023 Application Process
- Assam PAT 2023 Admit Card
- How to Prepare for Assam PAT 2023?
- Assam PAT 2023 Answer Key
- Assam PAT 2023 Result
- Assam PAT 2023 Selection Process
Assam PAT 2023 Latest Updates
The latest updates for Assam PAT 2023 are as follows:
- Assam polytechnic exam application process is expected to commence in May 2023 and conclude in August 2023. These are tentative dates.
- The conducting body will release the exact dates in the coming months.
- Classes are expected to begin in August 2023.
Assam PAT 2023 Exam Dates
The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Assam, and participating institutes are yet to declare the exact dates of Assam PAT 2023. Here are the tentative dates for the Assam technical exam of 2023.
|Commencement of Application Process||May 2023|
|Admit Card Release||July 2023|
|Exam Date||July 2023|
|Result Announcement||August 2023|
Assam PAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates must carefully check the exam pattern to draft their study schedule and for efficient time management on the exam day. Given below is the exam pattern of this state-level examination.
|Exam Duration||120 minutes/2 hours|
|Sections for Diploma Courses Test Paper||Mathematics and Science|
|Sections for Modern Office Management Test Paper||English and General Knowledge|
|Types of Questions||MCQs for Diploma Courses; MCQs and Subjective for Modern Office Management|
|Level of Questions||High School Level (Class 10)|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for each correct answer; No negative marks|
|Medium of Examination||English & Hindi|
Also Read: JEECUP 2023
Assam PAT 2023 Syllabus
The Assam polytechnic exam includes questions from three academic disciplines- Science, English, and Mathematics. The below-mentioned table contains the list of relevant topics for each of these disciplines/subjects.
|Science||Biology, Physics, and Chemistry|
|English||Command of English language and English grammar|
|Mathematics||Arithmetic and Geometric mean and progression; Sets and Vein diagram; Calculus; Geometry- shapes, line, three-dimensional; Probability; Statistics; Quadratic, linear, and differential equations; Complex numbers; Relations and functions; Binomial Theorem; Sequence and series; Pascal’s triangle; Continuity and differentiability; Matrices; Mathematical Induction Principles; Trigonometry; Linear programming; Vectors.|
Assam PAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria prescribed by the Directorate of Technical Education Assam. All applicants must have passed the Class 10 board or an equivalent examination from accredited colleges/schools/academic institutes. Here are the admission requirements which must be met by the candidates of different categories:
OBC and General Candidates
- Minimum Age Limit: 20 years and 6 months
- Mandatory Subjects at the high school level: Science and Mathematics
- Minimum Marks in Class 10: 40% in Mathematics and Science
- Minimum Age Limit: 23 years 6 months
- Mandatory Subjects at the high school level: Mathematics and Science
- Minimum Marks in Class 10: 33% for ST candidates and 35% for SC candidates.
Assam PAT 2023 Application Process
Application for Assam polytechnic exam will be out soon. Candidates must fill out the application form, upload the required documents, and submit the required fee to complete the registration process. Candidates must input all details carefully to avoid disqualification by the conducting body. Invalid application forms will not be accepted and students will not be allowed to appear for the test.
Given below are the instructions for completing the application form or registration process for Assam PAT 2023:
- Go to the official website of Assam PAT.
- Select ‘Click here to apply’ to open the application form.
- Input all required academic and personal information and contact details.
- Upload a scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button to save the details.
- Click on ‘Submit’ to complete the registration process.
- After the successful submission of the application form, candidates will receive a unique numerical application ID. After the generation of this ID, applicants will have to click on the ‘Next’ option to continue to the payment portal.
- Once you reach the payment portal, select the ‘PAT-2023’ category and enter mandatory details. Select the category you belong to.
- Select mode of payment: Online or Offline. After selecting the mode of payment, pay the application fee of INR 500.
Read: Engineering Entrance Exams
Assam PAT 2023 Admit Card
Candidates with valid application forms will be able to access Assam PAT 2023 admit cards on the official website. The conducting authority releases admit cards a few days before the exam date. The admit cards contain relevant details like name, roll number, exam day instructions, application ID, and test day and timings. Students are required to carry these cards to the centre for entry into the centre and exam hall.
How to Prepare for Assam PAT 2023?
Create a tailor-made timetable, use relevant books, and practice mock tests and previous year’s question papers to ace Assam PAT 2023.
Best Books to Prepare for Assam PAT 2023
This table displays the relevant books for Assam polytechnic exam.
|Applied Mathematics for Polytechnics||HK Dass|
|Mathematics for Class 10||RS Sharma|
|Polytechnic Assam Test||Mihir Das Laskar|
|General Science||BK Editorial Board|
|Class 10 Science Textbook||NCERT|
|Quick General Science for Competitive Exams||Disha Experts|
|CBSE All in One Science for Class X, Edition 2023||Imran Ahmad, Rashmi Gupta, Ruchi Kapoor, Sanubia, Sonal Singh|
|Objective English for Competitive Exam||Uma Sinha and Hari Mohan Prasad|
|A Bascic Course in Mathematics for Polytechnic||N. Dutta|
|DTE, Assam-PAT 2022 (H.S.L.C)||Heed Editorial Board|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
Assam PAT 2023 Preparation Tips
Students appearing for any competitive or entrance exams must have a schedule in place to manage time effectively and cover all topics efficiently. Here are some preparation tips for Assam polytechnic exam.
- Aspirants are advised to have appropriate knowledge about Assam PAT 2023 exam pattern and syllabus to make an effective and fruitful preparation strategy.
- Candidates should prepare a timetable. They should allocate optimum time to each subject and sub-topics of each subject. The schedule should also allocate ample time to mock tests and previous year questions.
- Prepare relevant and exhaustive notes to include all topics of the syllabus.
- Focus on the revision of notes to track your progress and redesign your timetable accordingly.
- Candidates should practice the maximum possible practice tests and the previous year’s question papers to ace the exam.
Assam PAT Previous Year Question Papers
The table given below contains the previous year’s question papers, which are extremely important for candidates appearing for Assam PAT 2023.
Assam PAT 2023 Answer Key
The Directorate of Technical Education of Assam releases will release the answer key for Assam PAT 2023 on its official website after the exam day. The answer key will contain the correct answers for each set of question papers. Students are advised to download answer keys from the website and tally their answers to predict their scores. This will help you in predicting your chances to secure admission to desired courses.
Assam PAT 2023 Result
Aspirants can check their marks and scores in the Assam PAT result section of the official website. Applicants need to login into their student portal by using their roll number and DOB (date of birth). The Directorate of Technical Education of Assam will allot seats to selected candidates after considering the scores and performance in counselling sessions.
Assam PAT 2023 Selection Process
The selection process for the Assam polytechnic exam is based on the score of Assam PAT and performance in the counselling sessions. Students who have hit the cut-off score will have to take part in the counselling session. The date for Assam PAT counselling 2023 will be announced on the official website. Qualified candidates are required to declare their preferred courses and colleges before the final counselling date. Additionally, they will have to upload mandatory documents before the aforementioned date. Students can modify their choices throughout the counselling process. Seats will be then allotted according to the rank, choices, and availability of seats.
Read: Engineering Books
Assam PAT 2023 Cut-Off
The cut-off for Assam PAT 2023 will be announced with the result on the official website of the exam. The cut-off score is based on the difficulty level of the question paper, the total number of seats, and the total number of intakes for this academic year. Candidates who score above or equal to the cut-off score for 2023 will procure a seat in polytechnic courses in different institutions in Assam.
Ans. Applicants can pay their application fee online or offline. Candidates can select multiple online payment options, which are mentioned on the official website.
Ans. 10th-pass students with Mathematics and Science in Class 10 and students who are going to appear for the 10th board or an equivalent examination in the current academic year can appear for Assam PAT 2023.
Ans. The conducting body has not announced the exact dates as of now. The Assam polytechnic exam of 2023 is expected to be conducted in July 2023.
Stay tuned with Leverage Edu to get detailed information about state and national-level government examinations in India. Prepare well with accurate information!