Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) holds a common admission test (CAT) for admission into various programmes such as engineering, law, environmental studies, marine sciences, etc.
Students who are specifically interested in pursuing law from CUSAT can sit for the CAT. One of the various law courses offered by CUSAT is BBA LLB. The BBA LLB course offered by CUSAT is for a duration of 5 years.
|Duration of the course||5 years|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Conducting body||Cochin University of Science and Technology|
|Name of the exam||CUSAT CAT|
This Blog Includes:
CUSAT CAT BBA LLB Application Process
Candidates who are interested in the CUSAT CAT exam 2023 exam can apply online on the official website of the university. Detailed below are the steps the candidates will need to undertake for the application process:
- Visit the official website of CUSAT mentioned above.
- Click on ‘New Candidate Registration’ and enter your name and contact details.
- Upload all the required documents, the latest passport-size photograph, and your signature.
- For Photograph – The Passport-size photo should not be more than 500 KB.
- For Signature – The file size should not be more than 100 KB.
- Select the program or course you want to pursue.
- The next step in your application process is to pay the application fee.
- After the application fee is paid, the candidate will receive a confirmation email on the email ID provided by him/ her in the application form.
Also Read: UPES Law
CUSAT CAT Application Fees
In order to complete the enrollment process for the exam, candidates will first need to pay the application fee associated with the exam. The table below provides the details of the application fee:
|SC/ ST||INR 500|
CUSAT CAT Eligibility
In order to sit for the exam successfully, candidates must first fulfil the eligibility criteria. Candidates who do not meet the requirements will unfortunately not be able to take the exam. The eligibility criteria for the exam is as follows:
- The candidate must have secured at least 60% marks if he/she belongs to the science or commerce stream.
- In the event the candidate belongs to the humanities stream, he/she should have at least 55% marks.
CUSAT CAT BBA LLB Exam Pattern
Candidates who will successfully complete their application form will have to give the written exam for the CUSAT exam 2023 on the specific date and place provided by the university.
Candidates after appearing for the CUSAT exam 2023 will be updated about the result declaration by the officials of the CUSAT. The exam pattern for CUSAT CAT is as follows:
|Mode of Exam||Computer-Based Test (CBT) online|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Types of Questions||Multiple-choice questions (MCQs)|
|Total Number of Questions||150|
|Marking Scheme||Candidate will get 3 marks for each correct answer.For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.|
CUSAT CAT 2023 Important Dates
The official dates for the CUSAT CAT 2023 are yet to be notified by the authorities. However, based on data accumulated over the years, we have prepared the below table with a list of tentative dates:
|Event Name||Tentative Dates|
|Notification Release||February 2023|
|Last Date to Apply||March 1st week 2023|
|Admit Card||March 3rd week 2023|
|Exam Date||To be announced|
|Declaration of CUSAT Result||To be announced|
CUSAT CAT Result
Once the written test has been conducted and the process has been completed, CUSAT will release the result on the official website. Candidates can follow the below steps to check their exam results:
- Visit the official website mentioned above.
- Check for the results section, and click on ‘CUSAT BBA LLB 2023’.
- A new tab will open from where you can download the result sheet of the exam.
- In the result sheet, check for your name and roll number to confirm your exam clearance.
- In order to pass the exam, candidates have to clear the cut-off marks. The cut-off of the exam will be set by the university officials.
CUSAT CAT BBA LLB Course Fee
The total fee for pursuing BBA LLB in CUSAT will be approximately INR 2.5 Lakhs for 5 years. There is also the one-time payment of INR 1700 which the candidate will have to pay. In the event candidate wishes to avail of hostel accommodation facilities, additional charges will be applicable.
The total number of seats for BBA LLB in CUSAT is 30.
Cochin University of Science And Technology (CUSAT) is a state-sponsored government in Kerala, India.
Kerala students who belong to SC/ ST categories will have to pay INR 500, and for candidates who are opting for State Merit/ All India Quota seats (other than NRI/ International/ PIO/ Children of Indian Gulf Workers) will have to pay INR 1000.
This blog comprehensively discusses the CUSAT CAT BBA LLB application process. Candidates can use this content to apply for the exam if they are interested in pursuing their BBA LLB from CUSAT. For more such updates on Indian Exams, keep an eye on Leverage Edu, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter for up-to-date information.