The full form of JK CET is the Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test. It is conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE) for admission to Engineering courses in the government and private colleges. The candidates who clear the JK CET exam are eligible to take admission in B.E and B.Tech courses of different disciplines all across the state. This blog gives detailed information on JK CET that candidates should know including eligibility, application process, exam pattern, syllabus etc. Keep reading the blog for the latest updates.
|Exam Name||Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
This Blog Includes:
JK CET 2023 Exam Dates
The application process started in April and lasted till the end of the month. Keep updated on the exam schedule from the official website.
|Registration Opens||4th April 2023|
|Registration Closes||30th April 2023|
|Admit Card||May 2023|
|Exam Date||May 2023|
JK CET 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates should check the JK CET exam pattern to have an idea of the examination and prepare accordingly. The JK CET exam is conducted through offline mode and the duration of the exam is approximately 3 hours.
There are 3 sections in the exam and the exam consists of 180 multiple-choice questions with 1 mark weightage for correct answers and 0.25 for every wrong answer. Have a look at the table below for subject-wise bifurcation of the exam:
JK CET 2023 Exam Syllabus
Other than exam pattern, keep a tab on the topics of these three subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics to cover in the exam
|Physics||Physical world and measurement
Laws of Motion
Work, energy and power
Motion of system of particles and rigid body\
Properties of bulk matter
The behaviour of perfect gas and Kinetic theory
Oscillations and waves
Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
Electromagnetic induction and alt. Currents
OpticsThe dual nature of matter and radiation
Atoms and nuclei
|Chemistry||Chemical arithmetic & atomic structure
Redox reactions and electrochemistry
Solid states & states of matter
Chemical bonding and molecular structure
|Mathematics||Sets, relations, and functions
Complex number; linear inequation; linear programming
Sequence and series, permutation and combination & binomial theorem
Trigonometric and inverse trigonometry functions
Matrices and determinantsLimit, continuity, and differentiation
Integration and differential equations
Straight lines and conic sections
Statistics and probability
Vectors and three-dimensional geometry
Also Read: Engineering Entrance Exams
JK CET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling out the application form, the candidate must ensure that they are eligible for the exam. To check the eligibility, check the official website of JK CET. However, tentative eligibility criteria are listed below for an overview of the candidates.
|Educational Qualification||Minimum 50% in Class 12th from any recognized board.|
JK CET 2023 Application Process
The application dates for JK CET 2023 are open. To fill out the application form, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.jkbopee.gov.in.
- Find “Click here to fill out the application form” and click on it.
- Register yourself with valid credentials and set up a password for your login.
- After registering, proceed with your registration with personal, and academic details.
- Review your application form once again and submit the details.
- Upload your documents to support your application
- The last step is to pay the application fee i.e. INR 1200 through accepted payment methods such as UPI, debit card etc.
JK CET 2023 Admit Card
The students need to carry their admit cards on the exam day. The candidates who fail to do so may have to pay a penalty for not taking the exam.
The authorities release the admit card on the official website just a few days before the exam. Follow the instructions to download the admit card successfully:
- Visit the official website and click on the Announcements section.
- Enter your credentials and log in.
- You will be redirected to the new page with Admit card. Click on it and download the PDF.
- Recheck your details and download the admit card for your reference.
How to Prepare for JK CET 2023?
It is very important to prepare for the exam. Follow the instructions below and ace your exam successfully.
- Know the exam pattern and syllabus. It will help the candidates prepare according to the marks of each section.
- Try and solve the previous year’s question papers. It will give the candidates an idea of the number of questions and type of questions asked in the paper.
- Make sure to practice daily and not miss a day for revision. Be consistent with your efforts.
- Stay focused. Keep your determination to clear the exam. Do not lose hope in the middle of your preparation.
JK CET 2023 Result
The results for JK CET are expected to be announced in the last of June 2023. The merit list was announced in the last week of June 2023. These are some of the steps to check the JK CET 2023 result.
- Visit the official website i.e jkbopee.gov.in.
- Find “ JK CET Result” and Click on it.
- Login using your credentials and click on the Login icon.
- Click on the “Result” icon and you will be redirected to JK CET Result.
- Check the details and make sure you take the printout.
Also Read: Best Engineering Courses For Future
JK CET 2023 Selection Process
For the selection, the candidates have to go through some steps such as counselling, document verification, etc.
After the exam result is announced, a tentative merit list is prepared. Days after that a final list is prepared for the selection process. The candidates are called for counselling rounds. The candidates are allotted seats based on their marks and seats available.
This step is followed by a document verification. The candidates who have cleared the document verification are selected for the vacant seats. There are some seats reserved for the candidates:
|Socially & Educational Backward Classes (Other than SC&ST)||04|
|Weak & Under Privileged Classes,||04|
|Pahari Speaking People||04|
|Physically Challenged People||04|
The last date for filling out the application form in Jammu and Kashmir is 30 April 2023.
Every year, the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE) conducts the JKCET exam.
The full form of the JKCET exam is the Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test.