The JEE exams are the main gateway for the students willing to take admission into top colleges in the country. The JEE Mains and JEE Advance are conducted for students who aspire to become Engineers. Students who qualify for the JEE Mains selection process after taking the examination are eligible for the second round, JEE Advance.
Students who qualify for both the JEE Mains and JEE Advance are successfully admitted into the IITs.
|Exam Name||JEE Mains|
|Full Name||Joint Entrance Examination|
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Medium of Exam||Held in 13 Languages|
|Mode of Exam||Online/Pen and Paper Based|
This Blog Includes:
The article entails all the information regarding the JEE Mains selection procedure. Students preparing for the examination or planning to appear in the examination must go through the information in the article diligently.
JEE Main Selection Process
If you are willing to appear in JEE Advance examination you must successfully qualify for the JEE Mains. The mains are held in two phases of the examination. After the written exams students need to qualify for all other rounds. The exam will be governed by National Testing Agency (NTA). According to sources the NTA has formulated new changes in the selection procedure of JEE Main.
Also Read: List of IITs
JEE Mains Online Application Procedure
If you planning to appear for the JEE Mains examination you can submit your application online easily. However, students must meet the eligibility criteria set by the exam conducting authority. The eligibility criteria for the following JEE Mains examination are briefly mentioned below.
- Students must have a Class 12th board examination certificate.
- Students who are appearing for the 12th board examination are also eligible for qualification.
- There is no age limit for appearing in JEE Main.
- Students can appear for the JEE Mains for three consecutive years after passing class 12th.
- The main subjects for B.Tech are Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational subjects and for B.Arch students need to have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Students who are not able to fulfil the eligibility criteria set by the exam conducting body, their application will be rejected immediately.
JEE Main Seat Allocation Process 2023
The NTA does not have any information regarding the availability of seats and reservation criteria. Students can check the number of seats available in a particular college, category or branch.
After the declaration of results, the dates are handover to the Centralised Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) or Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) for seat allocation and further selection procedure. The students should check the availability of seats of their choice of institute, category or branch.
JEE Mains Counselling Process 2023
While you are selected for the counselling session, you can change, reorder, delete or add a different choice. After the seats are locked in the process, students will not have any rights to change their choices or add something else.
If there are no changes to be made, the choice will be finalised. Students should take out printed copies of their locked choices. The printout of the Terms and Conditions must be agreed upon by the students and it has to be signed by the student. It has to be submitted at the reporting time in the centre for admission.
JEE Mains Admission Process 2023
A student who does not fills in any choice will be eliminated from the admission process. The other steps in JEE Mains Admission Process 2023 are as follows:
- A registered student can fill out the options after the third round, for participation in the fourth round of the admission process. Otherwise, candidates will not be able to take part in the fourth round of the admission process.
- The students who entered wrong/false details will not be considered. Students giving false information answers will be liable for legal action.
- Students who have seat allotment fees to deposit, it has to be given to anyone from the reporting centre. If students fail to do so, their seat allotment shall stand cancelled.
- Students must have relevant printed copies of certificates for verification. Along with this, students must have a printed allotment letter from the official website.
- Printed copies of fee payment receipts must be present at the time of reporting.
- The fee payment can be done through e-Challan or Debit Card/Credit Card and Net Banking.
Also Read: IIT Acceptance Rate
The full form of JEE is Joint Entrance Examination.
Students can pay through e-Challan, Debit/Credit card and Net Banking for the JEE Mains exams.
The JEE Mains examination is conducted by National Testing Agency.
We hope the above information regarding JEE Mains Selection process 2023 examination is helpful for the students. For more updates check out our Indian Exams page, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.