Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023 is released by the Indian Coast Guard on the official website. As per the available information, candidates can apply for 350 Navik & Yantrik Posts from 08 September to 22 September 2023. It is important that candidates fulfil the required eligibility before submitting their application. Candidates who are preparing for government jobs or defence exams can apply for Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023. In this blog, we will cover Indian Coast Guard Navik eligibility, vacancy, selection process, dates etc.
|Exam Particulars||Exam Details|
|Exam Name||Indian Coast Guard Navik Exam|
|Conducting Body||Indian Coast Guard|
|Exam Duration||Section 1: 45 mins and Section 2: 30 mins|
|Fees of the exam||INR 250|
|Stages of Exam||Stage I, II, III, IV|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|No. of Posts||350|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based exam for Stage I|
|No. of papers & total marks||Section I – 60 and Section II – 50|
|Posts Offered||Navik (General Duty & Domestic)|
This Blog Includes:
- Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023 Notification
- Indian Coast Guard Apply Online 2023
- Indian Coast Guard Navik Vacancies 2023
- Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023 Dates
- Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2023
- Indian Coast Gaurd Navik Eligibility 2023
- Indian Coast Guard Selection Process 2023
- ICG Exam Center 2023
- Indian Coast Guard Syllabus 2023
- Indian Coast Guard Exam Pattern 2023
- Indian Coast Guard Navik Cut off 2023
- Indian Coast Guard Navik Salary
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023 Notification
The official notification of Indian Coast Gaurd Recruitment 2023 contains information about how to apply, eligibility, the number of vacancies and more. Below, we have provided the PDF of the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment notification. Candidates can download the PDF on their devices for future reference.
Indian Coast Guard Apply Online 2023
The entire application process for the Indian Coast Guard is done online. The step-by-step application process is mentioned below. Candidates can apply for this recruitment between 08 to 22 September 2023. Applicants can follow the below-mentioned process for submitting the application successfully:
- Step 1: Visit the Indian Coast Guard’s official website.
- Step 2: Click the option that says “Apply Online.”
- Step 3: Quickly, the home page will be shown up on the screen.
- Step 4: Shortly you’ll be able to see the homepage on the screen.
- Step 5: Decide which position you wish to apply for.
- Step 6: Complete the application form with the required information.
- Step 7: Upload the scanned documents and a recent passport-size photo.
- Step 8: Choose the Declaration option before submitting the application form.
- Step 9: Verify the details you provided on the ICG Application form once more.
- Step 10: Verify again and then proceed.
The vacancy break-up of Indian Coast Guard Navik Post for the 09/2023 batch is given below:
|Navik (Domestic Branch)||12||03||09||02||04||30|
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023 Dates
According to the official notification of the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023, we have mentioned the important dates related to this recruitment. Check the table mentioned below.
|Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023 Dates|
|Indian Coast Guard Notification||04 September 2023|
|Last Date of Registration||22 September 2023|
|ICG Stage I||Mid/End December 2023 (Tentative)|
|ICG Stage II||Mid/ End January 2024 (Tentative)|
|ICG Stage 111||End April/Early May 2024 (Tentative)|
Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2023
The ways to smoothly download the Indian Coast Guard Admit Card are listed below. Candidates can follow these steps to download their admit cards.
- Step 1: Go to the Indian Coast Guard official website first.
- Step 2: Look for an active link that says “ICG Navik exam admit card on the website’s home page.
- Step 3: Click on the link to your exam admit card.
- Step 4: You will then be directed to the admit card page, where you must enter your login credentials.
- Step 5: After successfully entering your accurate Registration Number and password/DOB in the login column, you will be able to get your Hall ticket.
- Step 6: Download the admit card because you’ll need to print it later.
Must Read: MNS Exam
It is mandatory that you fulfil every Indian Coast Guard Navik Eligibility before submitting the application. Also, make sure all the documents that prove your eligibility should be with you. The following table lists the qualifications for the position of ICG Navik:
|Post||Physical Standard||Age||Educational Qualification|
|Navik (General Duty)||Height 157 CMs, weight proportionate to, and uncorrected vision of 6/6 and 6/9||18-22 years (5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC; relaxation applies to both)||10+2 with Math and Physics from a reputable educational board that the federal or state governments approved|
|Navik (Domestic Branch)||The eyesight of 6/18 and 6/36, height 157 cm, weight proportionate to height,||18-22 years (5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC; relaxation applies to both)||Matriculation|
Indian Coast Guard Selection Process 2023
Understanding the Indian Coast Guard Selection Process is important for every applicant. As per the notification, there is a common entrance test for every candidate. On the basis of the First round of the exam, candidates will be shortlisted for the second round, which entails a physical fitness test (pass/fail), document verification (pass/fail), re-evaluation of inconsistent performers (pass/fail), and an initial medical examination. The detailed process of selection is explained below.
Based on the results of primary tests, an all-India merit list will be created. An electronic admit card for the next stage of the exam will be created. It will be provided in accordance with the number of openings and the ratio determined by the ICG.
At last, candidates who successfully complete all stages of exams, are shortlisted for training at INS Chilka on the basis of merit and the number of open positions.
ICG Exam Center 2023
When completing the application form for Stage I & II tests, candidates must indicate their preference for one of five exam cities. Candidates must choose the first preference within 30 kilometres of their current or communication residence. If no examination city is within 30 kilometers of the candidate’s current address, then the candidate must select the examination city that is the closest to them.
Indian Coast Guard Syllabus 2023
The syllabus for the Indian Coast Guard Navik Exam considers the curriculum of the 10th & 12th standards. And, several sections consist of reasoning, chemistry, mathematics, physics, quantitative aptitude, English, and current affairs.
Indian Coast Guard Exam Pattern 2023
The following stages make up the selection procedure for Indian Coast Guard Navik (DB & GD): There are five levels in total for the ICG Navik test. Below is a description of each stage’s exam format:
Stage I: The first stage consists of two components and is computer-based. Candidates who chose Navik (DB) must take Section I, which consists of Math, Science, English, Reasoning, and GK. The curriculum is at the level of a Class 10 course. The test has a maximum score of 60.
Candidates who choose Navik (GD) must show up for both section I and section II. Section I is identical to Navik’s (DB). Section II of the test is worth 50 points and includes problems from the math and physics categories. The exam is of the objective type, and the questions follow the MCQ format.
Stage II: Candidates who pass the written exam are asked to show up for Stage II, which consists of the Physical Fitness Test (PFT), document verification, and initial medical exam. Running, squat-ups and push-ups make up the PFT. This qualifies in some way. The PFT pattern is provided below:
- Run for 6 kilometres in 7 minutes.
- Twenty sit-ups (Uthak Baithak).
- Ten pushups
- During the PFT, candidates should dress comfortably for sports, including shoes, t-shirts, and pants.
The medical officer may declare the candidates temporarily or permanently unfit following the initial medical examination. If the results of the initial medical examination indicate that the candidate is permanently unsuitable or temporarily unfit, they may appeal within 21 days or within 42 days, respectively.
Stage III– Final document verification and a medical examination are included in Stage III at INS Chilka. This stage lasts for one to two days.
Stage IV– Candidates who pass Stage III and are selected for training at INS Chilka are temporarily shortlisted.
Indian Coast Guard Cut-off 2023 will be released after one or two months of the exam date. Candidates need to score equal to or more than the Indian Coast Guard Navik cut-off. Below, we have mentioned the previous year Cut-off for the Indian Coast Guard exam.
- For General Category- 80
- For OBC Category- 77
- For EWS Category- 74
The salary of Indian Coast Guard Navik is given below:
- After joining, a Navik in the Indian Coast Guard will be entitled to get a basic pay of INR 21,700 (Pay Level-3) plus DA and other allowances (based on the nature of duty/location of posting)
- A Navik can be promoted up to the rank of Pradhan Adhikari with a pay scale INR 47,600 (Pay Level-8) with Dearness Allowance
- Apart from basic pay and allowances, a Navik is entitled to get free ration, clothing, medical treatment, government accommodation for self and family on a nominal rate, canteen, and various loan facilities
- After retirement, they can avail of ECHS medical facilities
Important Points to Keep in Mind for Medical Exams
|Weight||10% proportionate to height & weight is acceptable|
|Tattoo||Permanent tattoos are not acceptable|
|Chest||An appropriately proportioned chest with a 5 cm expansion is acceptable.|
|Vision||Candidates who wear glasses are not applicable. 6/6 vision is appropriate & 6/9 is inappropriate.|
|Height||157 cm is the criteria for minimum height.|
The average salary range for the Indian Coast Guard is between INR 22,000 to INR 25,000 for the post of Navik. It includes standard deductions.
The maximum age for the Indian Coast Guard is 31 years, for the Navy 39, and for Marines is 28 years. Candidates who are older than this age are not eligible.
All the topics of the ICG Syllabus are important to cover at the time of preparation. Analyze the syllabus first before starting the prep.
As per the available information, the Indian Coast Gaurd has announced a tentative date for an upcoming exam that is Mid or End December of 2023