BSF Head Constable Exam 2023 was conducted on 29th August 2023 by the officials of the Border Security Force (BSF) at various exam centres. The BSF Head Constable Ministerial Exam 2023 admit cards were released on 22nd August 2023. All the candidates who appeared for this national-level requirement exam can download their results when they are officially declared. With this requirement process, a total of 381 vacancies are to be filled.
The BSF Recruitment notification is essential as it provides details about the examination process, the last date to apply, and the registration process mentioned so that candidates can have an idea about the recruitment process.
|Name of the Post||Head Constable and Constable|
|Conducting Body||Border Security Force|
|Exam Dat||29th August 2023|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer-Based Test)|
|Selection Criteria||Written Test
Physical Efficiency Test
|Application Fees||INR 100|
|Job Location||Pan India|
This Blog Includes:
- BSF Head Constable Exam Latest Updates
- BSF Head Constable Exam 2023 Eligibility
- BSF Exam 2023 Application Process
- BSF HCM Exams Syllabus
- BSF Head Constable Exam 2023 Selection Process
- BSF Head Constable Exam 2023 Exam Pattern
- BSF Head Constable and Constable 2023 Salary
BSF Head Constable Exam Latest Updates
The Border Security Force of India conducted the BSF Head Constable written exam on 29th August 2023. This national-level exam was conducted at various exam centres in India. Candidates who will secure the minimum qualifying marks will be called for further selection process. The BSF Head Constable exam 2023 was conducted in three different shifts; Shift 1 from 08.30 AM to 10.30 AM, Shift 2 from 12.30 PM to 02.30 PM, and Shift 3 from 04.30 PM to 06.30 PM. The results for this recruitment exam will be released soon
BSF Head Constable Exam 2023 Eligibility
Before applying for the BSF Exam 2023, candidates should clearly understand the Eligibility Criteria. If any candidate does not possess the required eligibility for the BSF HCM Exam 2023, then BFS has the right to cancel the candidature of any candidate at any stage of the selection process.
The educational eligibility criteria are as follows-
- Candidates must have a graduation certificate from a university recognised by the government.
- The age limit is 21-25 years old as of the date of application.
- Age relaxation for SC/ST candidates is 5 years.
Also See: Exim Bank Exam 2022
BSF Exam 2023 Application Process
The application process for the BSF Exam 2023 is conducted online. Candidates who possess all the required eligibility criteria can apply for this service requirement process before 21st May 2023. Candidates can follow the steps given below to fill out their application form-
- Visit the official website of rectt.bsf.gov.in.
- Click on the ‘BSF Constable GD’ to apply online.
- Fill out the Registration Form by entering details like your name, date of birth, educational qualification, etc.
- After completing the registration, candidates will receive a registration ID and password via email or SMS.
- Login using the received credentials and fill out the details in the application form.
- Click on “save and next” and the next step will be to upload the scanned passport-size photograph and signature.
- Submit the form by paying the application fee which is 100 rupees. Candidates from SC/ST categories are exempted from paying this Application Fee.
- Take a printout of your complete application form.
BSF HCM Exams Syllabus
It is important that candidates should go through the BSF HCM exam syllabus before they appear in the exam. They should note the easy and hard topics of the exam, so they can perform better. In the table below, we have mentioned some important topics in the exam syllabus.
|Hindi and English||
BSF Head Constable Exam 2023 Selection Process
Applicants appearing for the BSF Head Constable Exam 2023 have to go through the selection process. Candidates can appear in the next round of the selection process if they will pass the previous one. The selection process consists of:
- Written examination
- Physical Endurance Test (PET)/ Physical Strength Test (PST) Test
- Medical Test
- Document Verification.
BSF Head Constable Exam 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates appearing for the written test of the BSF Head Constable Exam 2023 should have a detailed knowledge of the exam pattern, which will help them in their preparation.
The written exam of BSF consists of 4 different sections. Each Section consists of 25 questions and each question carries one mark. For each wrong answer, a 0.3 mark will be deducted. The duration of the written test is 2 hours (120 minutes). The exam pattern for the BSF Written Exam is as follows:
- General Awareness: This section weighs equal to 25 marks.
- Elementary Mathematics: This section weighs equal to 25 marks
- Hindi/English: This section weighs equal to 25 marks
- General Studies: This section weighs equal to 25 marks.
Physical Endurance Test (PET)
The second stage in the selection process for the BSF Head Constable Exam is the Physical Endurance Test (PET). The candidates after qualifying in the written test will go through the Physical Endurance Test which will be organised by the Border Security Force.
|Race (running)||1600mt (1.6KM) to be completed within 8min 30sec.||5km race to be completed in 24 minutes.|
Candidates who have qualified in both the first and the second stages will proceed to the final stage of the selection process for the BSF Head Constable and Constable 2022, i.e. the Medical Exam. The Medical Exam will be conducted by the Medical Board Officers to check the medical and physical fitness of every candidate.
BSF Head Constable and Constable 2023 Salary
The remuneration for a BSF constable is set in accordance with the seventh (7th) Pay Commission, with a number of other allowances. The salary structure of a BSF Constable varies between INR 21,700 – 69,100 monthly.
There are a number of other perks which every soldier in BSF enjoys. The table below gives a detailed description of all the benefits and allowances which are given to a BSF soldier-
|Particulars||Monthly Salary (INR)|
|House Rent Allowance||2,540|
Candidates who are serious about clearing the cut-off for the BSF Head Constable Exam 2023, should study on a regular basis and practise the previous year’s papers.
Candidates who want to appear for the BSF Head Constable Exam 2023 must possess matriculation (10th Class) and 12th Standard certificates.
As per the official notification, candidates who will get selected for this profile can work across the country. INR 23,527 is the starting salary for this post.
A rigorous and deliberate practice will help you in overcoming any test or situation in life. The same is the case with the BSF Exam 2023. Candidates have to keep their preparation for both – the Written Exam and the Physical Endurance Test (PET) to successfully make their way into the Border Security Force.