The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS), a division of the Ministry of Finance, was formed to staff the country’s nationalized banks and regional rural banks with competent candidates. In furtherance of its objective, IBPS conducts various exams across multiple categories to ensure staffing in eligible banks. While there are multiple categories of exams such as the Regional Rural Banks (RRB) exam, Specialist Officer exam, Clerk exam, etc. In this blog, we will be focusing on the IBPS RRB SO Agriculture Officer exam through which the IPBS recruits Specialist Officers in the field of Agriculture.
|Conducting body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Selection Process||Online exam and interview|
This Blog Includes:
- IBPS RRB SO Agriculture Officer Exam Dates 2023
- IBPS RRB SO Agriculture Officer Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process for the IBPS RRB SO Exam Agriculture Officer
- IBPS RRB SO Agriculture Officer Exam Pattern
- IBPS RRB SO Agriculture Officer Exam Syllabus
- Salary and Benefits for Specialist Officer (Agriculture)
- IBPS RRB SO Exam Agriculture Officer Vacancies 2023
- IBPS RRB SO Agriculture Officer Exam Preparation Tips
Also Read: SBI Exam
IBPS RRB SO Agriculture Officer Exam Dates 2023
The crucial dates for the IBPS RRB SO exam 2023 for agriculture officers are yet to be notified. However, based on the data and dates accumulated over the past few years, we have prepared the below table of tentative dates:
|Release of notification||June 2023|
|Online applications begin||July 2023|
IBPS RRB SO Agriculture Officer Eligibility Criteria
The candidates planning to sit for the IBPS RRB exam or the post of Specialist Officer (Agriculture) must fulfil the following requirements:-
- A citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who arrived in India before January 1, 1962, to settle OR
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, etc. with the intent of settling in India
- Aged between twenty-one (21) and thirty-two (32) years. However, there are relaxations for candidates belonging to certain categories.
- A degree in agriculture, horticulture, dairy, animal husbandry, agricultural engineering, pisciculture, veterinary science, and forestry with a minimum score of fifty (50) per cent marks.
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience.
Application Process for the IBPS RRB SO Exam Agriculture Officer
The application process is completely online for the IBPS RRB SO Agriculture Officer exam and candidates need to register for the exam on the IBPS website itself. The four-stage process is mentioned below:
- Visit the official website to create a login ID and password.
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Fill out the application form.
- Make the requisite payment.
IBPS RRB SO Exam Application Fee
The fee schedule for the exam is stated below:-
Also Read: SBI Clerk Exam
IBPS RRB SO Agriculture Officer Exam Pattern
Since Agriculture Officer is considered a Scale-II officer by IPBS, there will be only one (1) online exam followed by an interview for the final selection.
The exam pattern is discussed below:-
|Language of exam||English/Hindi|
|Negative marking||Yes. One-Fourth for each incorrect answer|
IBPS RRB SO Agriculture Officer Exam Syllabus
The detailed syllabus for the IBPS RRB exam for the year 2023 is yet to be notified. Notwithstanding this, the syllabus for previous examinations covers broad topics and the expectation is that the syllabus for this year will also be along the same lines. The following subjects along with their weightage are noted below:-
|Quantitative Aptitude||40 marks|
|Professional Knowledge||40 marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 marks|
|English/Hindi language||20 marks|
|Computer Knowledge||20 marks|
|Financial Awareness||40 marks|
Also Read: A Guide On How to Prepare for Bank Exams
Salary and Benefits for Specialist Officer (Agriculture)
The salary for a Specialist Officer (Agriculture) is around INR 33,000 – INR 39,000 per month. In addition to the salary, selected candidates will also be eligible for benefits such as transport allowance, provident fund, festival bonus, etc.
IBPS RRB SO Exam Agriculture Officer Vacancies 2023
The total number of vacancies for the post of Specialist Officer (Agriculture) for 2023 is yet to be notified. However, since the total number of notified vacancies for the above-noted post in the year 2022 was around twelve (12), the expected number of vacancies in 2023 is around fifteen (15).
IBPS RRB SO Agriculture Officer Exam Preparation Tips
A well-thought-out strategy and its implementation are often the keys to success in competitive exams. Candidates must have a clear understanding of their objectives so that they can work towards the same. Here are a few tips for candidates preparing for the AML KYC exam:-
- Be well-versed with the syllabus – A clear understanding of the syllabus will help you gain a competitive edge.
- Stay updated with the latest developments in the relevant field.
- Dress appropriately for the interview.
- Answer with self-belief and confidence during the interview and try to build a rapport with the interviewees.
- Take time off from preparation every now and then to pursue a hobby or an activity of liking to help ease and relax the mind.
IBPS RRB SO Agriculture Officer Preparation Books
Given the vast yet defined syllabus, it is imperative that candidates pick the literature best suited to their needs in order to aid their preparation. The recommended books are mentioned below:-
|Name of the book||Author|
|Lucent’s General Knowledge, Verbal and non-verbal reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Objective General English||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Objective Arithmetic||Arihant Publication|
However, given the vast syllabus, candidates should do their research and pick additional literature best suited for their preparation
Yes. The IBPS RRB exam is an online exam.
A total of fifty-six (56) regional rural banks participate in the recruitment process.
Yes. There is a negative marking of one-fourth for each incorrect answer
All sections in the exam are bilingual, i.e., available in both Hindi and English.
For similar updates about the IBPS RRB SO Agriculture Officer exam 2023, keep an eye on Leverage Edu, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.