HPU MAT stands for the Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test. It is conducted by Himachal Pradesh University Business School once a year. The exam is conducted to select eligible and qualified candidates for admission to the MBA programme offered by the Institute of Management Studies, University of Himachal Pradesh.
There are a total of 120 seats available for admission to the MBA programme. The test is conducted in the offline mode and consists of objective-type multiple-choice questions (MCQs). The test is conducted in the selected cities of Himachal Pradesh.
|Name of the Exam||Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test (HPU MAT)|
|Examination Conducting Body||Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS)|
|Level of Exam||University-level entrance exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline (pen and paper)|
|Total Number of Questions||200|
|Type of Question||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
|Language of the Examination||English|
This Blog Includes:
HPU MAT Selection Process
The selection process for admission to the MBA programme at the Institute of Management Studies, University of Himachal Pradesh is conducted through four stages. The candidates who qualify for all four stages of the selection process are finally admitted to the desired programme. All the detailed information regarding the selection procedure is given below.
- The candidates are identified on the basis of their marks scored in the 10th, 12th and graduation examinations. This is known as the application ratings.
- The candidates appearing for the HPU MAT exam are shortlisted on the basis of the marks obtained in the entrance examination. The list is prepared according to merit.
- The qualified candidates of the HPU MAT exam are further called for the group discussion round wherein the candidates have to participate in the discussion with other candidates and discuss the given topic concept and put forward their views/opinions. The group discussion is conducted in offline mode (in person).
- Furthermore, the qualified candidates are shortlisted for personal interviews. The candidates have to prepare and report to the given location on the given date and time to appear for the personal interview.
- The candidates are offered final admission on the basis of performance in the four categories.
Also Read: HPU MAT Exam
HPU MAT Required Documents
During the selection procedure for the HPU MAT exam, certain documents are required to be produced by the respective candidates. Candidates should have a look at the list given below of the essential documents to avoid missing out on any important document:
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet and pass certificate
- Graduation mark sheet and pass certificate
- Character certificate
- Proof of date of birth
- Domicile certificate
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- EWS certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Application form of HPU MAT
- Date of birth and address proof
HPU MAT Stages and Weightage
Since the selection procedure consists of four stages, the weightage of the four rounds varies accordingly. The candidates are advised to refer to the weightage of each stage individually to prepare accordingly for the examination.
|HPU MAT exam score||50|
The HPU MAT exam will consist of objective-type multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
The fee for the HPU MAT exam is INR 1000 for the general category and INR 500 for the candidates belonging to reserved categories.
The candidate must have completed a full-time bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST candidates) from a government-recognised institute. Additionally, candidates who are appearing for their final examination for a bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply. There is also an age limit of 26 for boys and 28 for girls.
This blog has discussed the selection procedure for the MBA programme at the Institute of Management Studies, University of Himachal Pradesh in detail for candidates looking to secure admission through the HPU MAT exam. We hope candidates find the information useful and that it will further help aid their admission procedure.
For more such updates, check out our Indian exams page and do not forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.