Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test or HPU MAT is conducted by Himachal Pradesh University Business School for students who want to pursue MBA from the university. The university has NAAC accredited ‘A’ grade which selects students for admission to MBA courses.
In this article, the candidates will get to know the details about the university, important dates, eligibility criteria, application process, selection criteria, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Application fees, Admit Card, results, Cut off, Exam Centres, best books for HPU MAT, Documents required at the Exam Centre and Preparation Tips.
|Exam Name||Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test|
|Exam Short Name||HPU MAT|
|Conducting Body||Himachal Pradesh University Business School|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||120 Minutes|
This Blog Includes:
- HPU MAT 2023 Exam Dates
- HPU MAT Eligibility Criteria
- HPU MAT Application Process
- Application Fees
- HPU MAT Syllabus
- HPU MAT Exam Pattern
- HPU MAT 2023 Exam Centres
- HPU MAT Admit Card
- Documents Required at the Exam Centre
- How to Prepare for HPU MAT 2023
- HPU MAT Results
- Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test Cut off
- Selection Process
HPU MAT 2023 Exam Dates
The candidates who want to apply for the Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test and are waiting for the exam dates then below mentioned are the tentative dates released by the conducting body or university:
|Events||Dates (Tentative) 2023|
|Application Start Date||April first week|
|Application Last Date||May Last week|
|Correction Window Dates||May Last Week|
|Release of Admit Card||June Second Week|
|Exam Date||June Third Week|
|Result||June Fourth Week|
Must Read: Management Courses
HPU MAT Eligibility Criteria
The candidates applying for the HPU MAT have to follow certain eligibility criteria. Below mentioned are the eligibility criteria for the HPU MAT entrance exam:
- The candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university.
- The candidates must have scored at least 50% marks and for SC/ST Category its 45% marks.
- The candidates who have completed the final year of their Bachelor’s degree or are appearing can also apply for the HPU MAT exam.
The age limit for boys must be 28 years and for girls, the age limit must be 29 years. The age limit for both boys and girls in the SC/ ST category must be up to 29 years.
HPU MAT Application Process
The Himachal Pradesh University has released the application process in two modes which are online and offline. Interested candidates can fill out the application form according to their choice. Below mentioned are the steps to fill out the application form which are as follows:
- Step1: Visit the official website of Himachal Pradesh University
- Step 2: Click on the HPUMAT (MBA) shown on the left side of the screen
- Step 3: Then on screen, the term and conditions will appear for the HPUMAT 2023 Exam.
- Step 4: Read the terms and conditions carefully and accept them.
- Step 5: Now the screen will move to the application form.
- Step 6: Now the candidates have to fill in all their details like Name, Parents’ name, Email Id, Father’s occupation, Exam Center, Applying for Subsidised/non-subsidised or both.
- Step 7: After filling in the details save the registration number and password and click on ‘I have Noted’
- Step 8: Then enter the education details.
- Step 9: Review the application form before submitting it.
- Step 10: Pay the fee through a debit card/ credit card or net banking.
There are two ways to fill out the application form for HPU MAT in offline mode which are as follows:
- Visit the HPUBS Campus
- The HPU MAT prospectus will get from the admission counter
- Fill out the HPU MAT Application form.
- Submit the form at the admission counter with the application fee in cash.
The second method is that the applicants can download the application form from the HPU Official website and download it and can fill out the application form and submit it. The applicants have to send the application form with the demand draft of the amount INR 1000 in favour of Himachal Pradesh University Business School, Shimla. Candidates can send their application to the official address.
HPUBS has released the application fees for applicants who are interested in applying for HPUMAT. Below mentioned are the application fees for both modes:
|General Category||INR 1000/-|
|SC/ST Category||INR 500/-|
HPU MAT Syllabus
The Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla has released the HPU MAT Syllabus. In order to ace a good score in HPU MAT the candidates must know the exam syllabus. There are four sections in the syllabus which are English Language and Comprehension, Business Environment, Arithmetic and Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning. Below mentioned is the complete syllabus for the HPU MAT applicants.
English Language and Comprehension Syllabus
Following is the syllabus for English Language and Comprehension for HPU MAT Exam-
|Parallelism||Subject- Verb Agreement|
|Parts of Speech|
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Following is the syllabus for Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning for HPU MAT Exam-
|Course of Action||Calendars|
|Pie Chart||Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments|
|Family Tree||Coding and Decoding|
|Blood Relations||Column Graphs|
|Visual Reasoning||Critical Reasoning|
|Area Graphs||Multi-dimensional Arrangements|
Following is the syllabus for Business Environment for HPU MAT Exam-
|Business Environment||Business Vocabulary|
|Business GK||Newspaper and Journal|
|Awards and Honours|
Following is the syllabus for Arithmetic for HPU MAT Exam-
|Work and Time||In-equation Quadratic and linear equations|
|Percentages and Averages||Number System|
|Geometry||HCF and LCM|
|Profit and Loss||Partnerships (Accounts)|
|Ratio and Proportion||Algebra|
HPU MAT Exam Pattern
The HPU MAT exam pattern is set by the Himachal Pradesh University Business School, Shimla. The exam pattern tells about the structure of the entrance exam. The below-mentioned table is the HPU MAT Exam Pattern:
|Exam Duration||120 Minutes|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper Based Test (PBT)|
|Marking Scheme||+1 Mark for every correct answer
No negative marking for wrong answers
|Types of questions||MCQs|
|Number of Answer Options||4|
HPU MAT Section Weightage
The question paper consists of 4 sections. Below mentioned are the section weightage of the HPU MAT Entrance Examination:
|English Language and Comprehension||50|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||50|
HPU MAT 2023 Exam Centres
The HPU MAT exam will take place at various exam centres which are mentioned below:
HPU MAT Admit Card
HPU MAT 2023 will release the admit card on its official website of Himachal Pradesh University. The candidates who have completed the application process can only download the admit card for the HPU MAT Entrance Exam. Below mentioned are the steps to download the HPU MAT admit card:
- Visit the official website of Himachal Pradesh University.
- Clink on the link for admit card in Notice Board
- Then enter the registration number and password
- Then click on the submit button
- Admit cards for HPU MAT will be displayed on the screen
- Download and take the printout of the admit card.
Documents Required at the Exam Centre
The students who will be appearing in the HPU MAT Exam have to carry the admit card and few identity proofs along with it. Below mentioned are the documents required at the exam for verification:
- Aadhar Card
- Driving Licence
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
How to Prepare for HPU MAT 2023
Apart from making a preparation strategy and revising the subjects the candidates must know the exam syllabus and exam pattern before starting the preparation for any entrance exam. Below mentioned are a few tips to score well in the HPU MAT 2023 results.
Preparation Tips for HPU MAT
The preparation tips will be beneficial for the applicants who are aiming to score well in the entrance exam. Below mentioned are a few tips for the students appearing in the HPU MAT:
- The candidates must know the exam syllabus and exam pattern.
- The candidates must make the timetable so that they can prepare each and every topic.
- The candidates must highlight important topics while preparing for the exam
- The candidates must make short notes for the revision
- The candidates must solve the previous year’s question papers and sample papers
- The candidates must give a mock test.
Best Books for HPU MAT
|1||MAT Entrance Exam with a practice CD||GKP|
|2||The Pearson MAT Super Course||Arun Sharma|
|3||Mission MBA Guide||B.S.Sijwali and Tarun Goyal|
|4||MAT Solved Papers||Disha Experts|
|5||A Commutative Grammar of English||Geoffrey Leech|
|6||Business English and Communication||Clark|
|7||Data Interpretation MBA Entrance||Jaiswal|
|8||Quantitative Aptitude for All Entrance Exams||Abhijit Guha|
|9||Logical and Analytical Reasoning||R Gupta|
|10||A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R S Aggarwal|
HPU MAT Results
The results of the Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test will be released on the official website of Himachal Pradesh University once the entrance exam is completed. The results will be announced in online mode. Below mentioned are the steps to download the results:
- Visit the page of Himachal Pradesh University Business School.
- Click on the recent tab in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Then click on the link to the result
- Enter the login credentials
- Then the result will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates can take the printout of the result.
Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test Cut off
The candidates appearing for the HPU MAT 2023 exams should know the cut-off. It is the minimum required mark to get shortlisted for the next round of selection after the exam. then in the below-mentioned table, there is the cut-off based on 2022:
|Open to All||29.75|
|Single Girl Child||18.50|
The Himachal Pradesh University of Business School will release the cut-off after the results will be declared. On the basis of the merit list, the candidates will be called for the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). Dates for the selection procedure will be declared for subsidised and non-subsidised categories.
The candidates who have cleared the written test and are appearing for the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) have to carry some documents which are as follows:
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Graduation Marksheet
- Demand Draft
- Migration Certificate
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Address proof
The mode of HPU MAT exam is conducted in offline mode which will be the pen paper-based test. The test will be held in various test centres spread across Himachal Pradesh.
The application fees for Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test is INR 1000 for Unreserved Category and INR 500 for the Reserved Category. They can pay this fee in online or offline mode as per their preferences.
For girl candidates, the upper age limit is 28 and for boys, it is 26. However, for the girl and boy candidates of the reserved category, the upper age limit is 29.
There are 4 sections in the Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test Syllabus which are English Language and Comprehension, Arithmetic, Business Environment and Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning.
The Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) conducts an entrance exam for MBA programmes. Candidates will be able to apply for the HPU MAT 2023 by filling out the application form through the official website of HPUBS.
For more such updates stay tuned with our Indian exams page. And don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.