Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET) is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). The DCET exam is a gateway for students who are willing to take admissions to the second-year Engineering programs and first-year Architecture programs. These programs come under lateral entry and day & evening colleges which are located all over Karnataka State.
|Full Name||Diploma Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Authority||Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Exam Medium||Pen and Paper Examination|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
This Blog Includes:
- The Latest Update DCET 2023
- Overview: DCET 2023
- Exam Dates DCET 2023
- DCET Exam Pattern 2023
- Exam Syllabus DCET 2023
- Eligibility Criteria DCET Exam 2023
- Application Process DCET 2023
- Admit Card DCET 2023
- Answer Key DCET 2023
- DCET Exam Results 2023
- Merit List DCET 2023
- Counselling Process DCET 2023
- Preparation Tips
The Latest Update DCET 2023
The DCET 2023 will be conducted in 11 different centres across the state. It is a pen and paper-based examination. Students willing to give the DCET 2023 must fill out the application before the deadline is announced by the exam conducting authority, KEA.
Overview: DCET 2023
The Karnataka Examination Authority conducts the DCET, or Diploma Common Entrance Test. (KEA). The entrance exam is a requirement for enrollment in the first-year undergraduate architecture programs and the second-year undergraduate engineering programs offered through the lateral entry program. In Karnataka, day and evening engineering institutes provide these programs.
Exam Dates DCET 2023
Students willing to apply for the DCET examination must keep an eye on the dates released by the exam conducting authority. The dates for applications will be released on the official portal of the exam conducting authority. The tentative dates for DCET 2023 are mentioned in the table given below.
|Application Starts||September 2023|
|Last date of Application||October 2022|
|Admit Card Release||November 2023|
|Answer Key Release||December 2023|
|Results Declaration||January 2023|
Also Read: Engineering Branches
DCET Exam Pattern 2023
Students who are appearing for the DCET 2023 examination must know the exam pattern set by the authorities. Students will be given 3 hours to complete their examination. The table below entails all the details related to the exam pattern of DCET 2023. Students must go through the table diligently.
|Types of Questions||Objective Type (MCQ)|
|Number of Questions||180|
|Sections||Maths- 40 marks
Science- 40 marks
Engineering- 100 marks
|Correct Answer||1 mark for each correct answer|
|Wrong Answer||No negative marks|
Exam Syllabus DCET 2023
DCET 2023 exam syllabus entails three subjects which students have to prepare wholeheartedly. The three sections are Applied Science, Applied Mathematics and Engineering Subjects. Applied Science and Applied Mathematics are common for all students. Engineering subjects will be dependent upon which course is chosen by the student. We have divided the subjects with the important topics into the table given below.
|Applied Mathematics||Algebra, Linear Algebra, Trigonometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Differentiation, Integral Calculus, Definite Integrals, Differential Equations etc.|
|Applied Science||Mechanics, Modern Physics, Industrial Chemistry, Heat and Properties of Gases, Wave motion etc.|
Eligibility Criteria DCET Exam 2023
Students who are willing to appear for the DCET 2023 examination must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the DCET 2023. The eligibility criteria have to be fulfilled by the candidates otherwise their forms will not be accepted. The criteria set by the authorities for different programs are briefly described below.
Eligibility for B.E Courses (Day Engineering Institutions)
Candidates must have successfully completed or passed the diploma or any equivalent exam with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks in the 5th and 6th semesters. The minimum percentage of marks for SC/ST candidates is 40%.
Eligibility for B.E Courses (Evening Engineering Institution)
Candidates must have completed a diploma or any other qualification from a recognised university with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in the 5th and 6th semesters. The minimum percentage requirement for SC/ST is 40%.
Note: After fulfilling the above-mentioned eligibility criteria, candidates must also possess a minimum of 2 years of work experience as of the date of the year of admission, i.e, September 1, 2023. The full-time experience can be from any registered firm, company, industry, education or Government Autonomous Organization in Engineering/ Technology.
Eligibility for B.Architecture First Year (Day Engineering College)
Candidates must have a diploma or equivalent qualification from a recognized university/institute with at least 50% marks in aggregate in all the subjects in their final years. Candidates must have 40% marks in NATA 2023.
Application Process DCET 2023
The application process for the DCET 2023 will be conducted online. The applications will be released online on the official website of the exam conducting authority. Students must go through the steps attentively before applying for the DCET 2023.
The steps to fill out the application are mentioned below. There are two phases to filling out the application forms. Check below for a detailed process of application.
Also Read: Civil Engineering: Courses, Job Profiles and FAQs
Phase 1 for Filling DCET Exam 2023 Application
The steps for Phase 1 of the DCET 2023 are mentioned below. Students must go through the process attentively before applying for DCET 2023.
- The first step is to visit the official website of the exam conducting authority.
- Candidates need to register themselves.
- Candidates need to enter basic details while doing the registration. Information like name, mobile number, gender, email ID etc.
- After the registration, students will receive their login credentials, application number and user ID on their registered mobile and email.
- Students have to log in using their login credentials.
- The ‘Student Information’ page will be displayed on the screen. Candidates need to fill in all the required details.
- After filling in all the details click on ‘Save’.
- Then students have to submit all the ‘Educational details’ and then click on ‘Save’ to continue.
- The last step is to upload all the scanned documents, scanned photographs, signatures and left thumb impressions, as specified by the authorities.
Phase 2 for Filling DCET Exam 2023 Application
Phase 2 for DCET 2023 application form filling is mentioned briefly below.
- The candidates have to take out a printed copy of the challan and pay the required application fee in the designated bank branches. Candidates need to attach three copies of the challan for the bank.
- After that, candidates need to take a printout of the application form, fix their passport-size photograph and left a thumb impression.
- Candidates also need to obtain the Principal seal and signature from the college they completed their education qualification.
- Students must note, a printed copy of the challan and application is required at time verification.
DCET Exam 2023 Application Fee
The application fee for the different categories appearing in DCET 2023 is shown in the table below.
|General/OBC from Karnataka||INR 650/-|
|SC/ST Category 1 from Karnataka origin||INR 500/-|
Admit Card DCET 2023
The candidates who have already applied for DCET 2023 will receive their admit cards in December 2023. The DCET 2023 admit card will be released online, on the official website of the exam conducting authority. The link can be accessed easily from the official website.
The admit card of DCET 2023 will entail details like exam date, exam time, exam centre etc. The steps to download the admit card for DCET 2023 are mentioned below.
- Students need to visit the official web portal of the exam authority.
- The ‘Download Admit Card’ link will be displayed on the screen.
- Students need to enter their login credentials.
- Click on the link, DCET 2023 admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the DCET 2023 admit card.
- Take out at least 2 printed copies of the admit card. Students must keep the admit card safely with them till the selection process is completed.
Answer Key DCET 2023
The DCET 2023 tentative answer key will be made available on the official website by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). The right answers to every question on the exam paper will be included in the answer key. Candidates have the right to object to the solution key. Within a set time frame, this is simply accomplished via mail or email. The DCET 2023 final answer key will be made available by the exam conducting authority after all student objections have been taken into account.
DCET Exam Results 2023
The results will be shortly announced after the examination of DCET. Candidates will be able to easily check the results on the online portal. The results will contain details regarding the exams secured by the candidates which include, individual subjects and overall marks.
The steps to download the scorecard of DCET 2023 are given below.
- Students have to visit the official portal.
- Click on the ‘Result Link’ available.
- Login using your credentials.
- The results will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the scorecard for future reference.
Merit List DCET 2023
The merit list of DCET 2023 will be prepared by the authorities based on the marks secured by the candidates in the examination. The lists for second-year B.E and first-year B.Arch courses will be prepared separately, and a separate list of day and evening colleges will be provided. Candidates who pass the examination can find their names on the merit list of the DCET 2023. The candidates whose names will appear on the list are eligible to participate in the counselling process of DCET 2023.
Counselling Process DCET 2023
The candidates whose names appear on the merit list of DCET 2023 will be part of the counselling process of DCET 2023. Candidates need to complete the document verification, option entry and seat allotment process. The steps for the counselling process are mentioned below.
Document Verification Procedure
Document Verification is the first step in the counselling process of DCET 2023. The steps for the document verification process are as follows:
- The first is to get the documents verified. Students have to visit the designated centre for verification.
- Candidates must have printed copies as well as original documents with them at the time of counselling.
- Candidates will get a ‘Verification Slip’ and candidates must check if the verification slip has the ‘unique keyword’ mentioned on it.
Option Entry Procedure
The second step in the DCET 2023 counselling process is the ‘Option Entry Procedure’. The complete procedure is mentioned below.
- Visit the official website and click on the available link of ‘Diploma CET-2023-Option Entry’.
- Candidates need to enter the application number & unique keyword. Then a new password has to be created.
- Login using the credentials.
- A list of colleges and courses will be displayed. Candidates can choose as many as they want. This has to be done before the allocated last date.
- No options will be available for the candidates after the last date.
Seat allocation is the last step in the DCET 2023 counselling process. The seat allotment procedure is mentioned briefly below
- The seats will be allotted to the candidates based on the merit list and options locked by the candidates.
- Candidates who are satisfied with the seat allotted by the authority need to visit the college and pay the fees. This way they can lock seats for themselves.
- Candidates who are not satisfied with the seat allotment will have to wait for the next round of DCET 2023 counselling lists.
Documents Required DCET 2023
Students must have each document in the counselling process as stated by the authorities. The list of important documents required in the DCET 2023 counselling process is mentioned below.
- DCET 2023 Application printout
- Original copy of Challan
- DCET 2023 Admit Card
- Class 10+2 and 10 educational certificates and Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSCL) certificate.
- Diploma or equivalent examination scorecard of all the years/semesters
- Study certificate signed by the concerned BE0/DDPI (for Karnataka candidates)
- Recent passport-size photographs.
- Diploma Scorecard
- Rural Study Certificate (if any)
- Caste and income certificate (if applicable)
- Kannada Medium Study Certificate
Check out some of the preparation advice for the DCET 2022 exam below.
- Exam Pattern & Syllabus: Candidates can review the official DCET 2022 exam pattern and syllabus to get ready for the test. The applicants will be able to determine how to study in order to perform better on the exam through the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Mock Tests – To monitor their preparation progress, candidates are suggested to complete mock tests on a regular basis. In order to avoid making the same mistakes during the exam, this will also enable the applicants to recognize their typical errors.
- Timetable: Candidates are encouraged to create a tailored timetable to aid in their exam preparation. The schedule should be made in accordance with the candidate’s aptitude.
- Revision: To ensure that they don’t forget what they have already learned, candidates should review daily.
Also Read: Career in Mechanical Engineering
The DCET examination is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).
Students will have to pay INR 650/- application fee for DCET. The fees are equal for all category candidates.
The full form of DCET is Diploma Common Entrance Test.
The DCET examination is conducted for the students who are willing to take admission into the 2nd year B.E courses.
For more updates on such topics, keep an eye on the Leverage Edu Indian Exams page, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.