Indian youngster Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa became the youngest player to reach the Chess World Cup final. The Indian teenager R Praggnanandhaa has secured a proud moment for India by becoming the youngest chess player who has reached the Chess World Cup final. He defeated Fabiano Caruana the world No 3, when a tie-breaker was conducted. He played the final match of the Chess World Cup 2023, hosted in Baku, Azerbaijan from 30 July to 24 August 2023.
5 Facts About R Praggnanandhaa’s Sports Career
- He was given the title of FIDE Master, once he won the World Youth Chess Championship Under-8 title in 2013.
- Two years later he again won the under-10 title.
- In 2016, he became the youngest international master in history at the age of 10.
- After that, in 2017, he received his first grandmaster norm.
- Later in July 2019, he won the Xtracon Chess Open competition in Denmark.
Also Read: Nihal Sarin, the Indian Mastermind of Chess
Famous Chess Players in India
We have mentioned a list of famous chess players in India.
- Viswanathan Anand
- Pentala Harikrishna
- Krishnan Sasikiran
- Parimarjan Negi
- Vidit Gujrathi
- Surya Shekhar Ganguly
- Abhijeet Gupta
- Koneru Humpy
- Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa
Also Read: What is the National Sport of India?
Norwegian Grand Master (GM) Magnus Carlsen secured the first position in the FIDE World Cup on August 24.
The Chess World Cup 2023 took place in Baku, Azerbaijan from 30 July to 24 August 2023.
Going to the previous times, Anand won the 24-player World Cup in 2000 and 2002.
Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa became the youngest player to reach the Chess World Cup final.
The information in the above blog is all about the youngest person to reach the Chess World Cup final. Along with that we have also covered some crisp facts about the youngest chess player. To get more useful information, stay connected with Leverage Edu.