The full form of kbps is Kilobits per second. It is the accepted method of data transport. In order to determine the bandwidth on the data transmission platform, the speed of data transfer through networks is measured in terms of kilobits per second. In the data communication industry, it is frequently used to calculate the value of data transfer. 1,000 bits per second make up one kilobit per second. This indicates that 200 kbps can send 200,000 bits in a second.
Also Read: Components of Computer
Also Read: BTech Computer Science
Things to Remember
- KBps and kbps are different. Kilobytes per second is referred to as KBps. Bits and bytes are represented by the letters “b” and “B,” respectively. The 8 bits make up one byte. Technically speaking, KBps is a binary kilobyte unit, whereas kbps is the decimal kilobit unit. Kbps is therefore written with a lowercase “k”.
- The total amount of information that may be transmitted over a certain time period is known as the bandwidth.
- 1kbbs per second = 1000 bits
- 200 kbps per second = 200000 bits
- 1 Mbps per seconds = 1000 kilobits
- 1 Gbps per second = 1000 Megabits
Also Read: Careers in Electronics and Communications Engineering
Difference Between Kbps and KBps
|Kilobytes per second is the complete form of KBps.||Kbps stands for kilobits per second in its full form.|
|One byte equals eight bits in the binary kilobyte (KBps) unit.||An abbreviation for kilobits is Kbps.|
This was all about Kbps full form. Visit the General Knowledge page to discover more intriguing articles about full forms. Get in touch with the experts at Leverage Edu in order to kickstart your study abroad journey.