The full form of EPFO is Employee Provident Fund Organization. The Indian government created this statutory organisation to support the CBT (Central Board of Trustees). It was established by the Employees Provident Fund and the Miscellaneous Provision Act of 1952. EPFO is administratively controlled by the Department of Labour and Employment of the Indian government. The organisation has roughly 122 offices spread across the nation. It is one of the largest social security institutions in India based on the number of applicants and the number of financial transactions. It helps the central Board in managing a programme requiring provident fund contributions. EPFO also acts as a nodal agency for other countries to execute bilateral social security agreements.
Also Read: Indian Government Education Loans for Abroad Studies
What is the Structure of EPFO?
The structure of EPFO is as follows:
- The additional Central Provident Fund Commissioners usually oversee the numerous zones of the organisation across the country
- Each state requires at least one regional agency headed by a Regional Provident Fund Commissioner, Grade I
- The organisation is divided into various regions by the Regional Provident Fund Commissioners, Grade II
- Assistant provident Commissioner provides support to them
- EPFO has established district offices with Compliance Officers in most districts to oversee regional institutions and handle complaints
Also Read: Financial Management
What are the Services offered by EPFO?
The following are the services offered by EPFO:
In the case of Employees
- The online registration of the establishment
- Offers Universal Account Number (UAN) information
- Online payments for EPF subscription
- ECR submission or Online submission of challan
- The system of EPFO grievance management
- Online transfer claim portal
In the case of Employers
- Provides the online UAN status
- UAN member E-Sewa for staff
- Online transfer claim portal for online submission of transfer claims
- EPFi grievance management system for staff
- To save data on the EPFO portal via the COC request form
- To access data on the pension funds’ platform or information relevant to pensions
- Inoperative accounts help desk support
Also Read: UPSC EPFO 2023
We hope this has helped you understand the full form of EPFO and everything related to it. Do you want to know more full forms like this? In the world of short forms, you can rely on our page to know more! Get in touch with our study abroad experts to achieve your international dream today!