The UPSC EPFO is the national-level examination for the recruitment of candidates for the post of Employees Provident Fund Organization Officer. The examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The examination is conducted once annually. The candidates are advised to keep an eye on the official website of the UPSC EPFO for the latest update regarding the Recruitment test 2023 to not miss out on anything important.
This blog provides an overview of the eligibility criteria, the examination pattern, and the important dates that are going to be released by the Union Public Service Commission for the UPSC EPFO Recruitment Examination 2023.
|Examination Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Posts||Assistant Provident Fund Commissioner|
|Number of Vacancies||To be Notified|
|Level of Exam||Government Job|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Duration of Examination||2 hours|
|Selection Process||Offline Written Examination followed by Interview|
|Language of the Paper||English and Hindi|
This Blog Includes:
- UPSC EPFO 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- UPSC EPFO Recruitment 2023 Exam Pattern
- UPSC EPFO Exam 2023 Syllabus
- UPSC EPFO Recruitment 2023- Apply Online
- Cut-Off for UPSC EPFO 2023
- UPSC EPFO Salary and Benefits
UPSC EPFO 2023 Eligibility Criteria
There are certain eligibility criteria that the candidates must meet to be eligible for the UPSC EPFO Recruitment Examination 2023. There are three important eligibility criteria that a candidate must meet i.e., Age, Education Qualification, and Nationality.
The candidate must be more than 20 years of age and not more than 37 years of age at the time of registration. The age limit of UPSC Employees’ Provident Fund Organization Recruitment Examination 2023 must be calculated as of 1st August 2023. There is age relaxation for various categories in the UPSC Employees’ Provident Fund Organization Recruitment Exam 2023. However, the age limit for General/UR/Open category applicants remains fixed. Refer to the table below for a better understanding:
|EPFO’s Employee||5 years|
|Government Employee||5 years|
|PWD with SC/ST||15 years|
|PWD with OBC||13 years|
The aspiring candidates of UPSC EPFO 2023 must meet the educational qualifications settled by the official exam conducting body:
- The candidates must have completed Bachelor’s degree, a 5 year integrated degree in any specialised course or a Master’s Degree from a UGC-Accredited or a Government College or University.
- The applicants must have basic Computer Applications knowledge.
- The candidates must have at least 2 years of work experience in the relevant field.
The candidate appearing for UPSC EPFO Recruitment Examination 2023 must meet certain Terms and Conditions set by the official exam conducting body, i.e., Union Public Service Commission. The candidate must be:
- Citizen of India, or
- Citizen of Nepal, or
- Citizen of Bhutan, or
- Any refugee migrated from Tibet before Jan 1st, 1962, with the mindset of settling permanently in India, or
- Migrated from Malawi, Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Zaire to permanently settle in India.
UPSC EPFO Recruitment 2023 Exam Pattern
To help the candidates understand the pattern of the UPSC EPFO Recruitment Examination 2023 for better preparation, here is a table for better understanding:
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Duration of the Examination||2 hours|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Maximum Marks||120 Marks|
|Negative Marking||For every wrong answer, ⅓ marks of the question will be deducted as a penalty.|
|Language of the Question Paper||BilingualEnglishHindi|
UPSC EPFO Exam 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus of the UPSC EPFO Exam 2023 includes a variety of topics:
- Mental Ability
- Computer Application
- General Science
- Current Affairs
UPSC EPFO Recruitment 2023- Apply Online
The registration process will begin soon and the link for registration will be available soon. To avoid a last-minute rush, candidates are advised to register at the earliest possible. To apply for the UPSC EPFO Recruitment Exam 2023, eligible and interested candidates need to visit the official website of UPSC EPFO.
How to Apply for UPSC EPFO Recruitment 2023 Examination?
The entire process of registration is online and it comprises two stages:
- Stage I- Registration Process
- The candidates are required to visit the above-mentioned link.
- Enter the credentials correctly.
- After successful completion, the candidates will receive a provisional registration number and a password on their registered Email ID and phone number.
- Stage II- login to fill up the Application Form
- Log in with the registered number and password and complete the application process.
- Fill up the personal details, academic qualifications, and communication and permanent address details carefully.
- Choose the examination centre nearest to you.
- Upload a scanned copy of your recent passport-size photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression.
- Read carefully and then accept the terms and conditions.
- Verify the details entered by you carefully once more before proceeding further with the application fees.
- After verification, pay the required application fee.
- After successful payment of the application fee, you will receive a copy of a receipt, download it and keep it for later reference.
Application Fee for UPSC EPFO 2023
The application fee for the UPSC EPFO Recruitment Examination 2023 is INR 25 for General/UR/Open Male Applicants and applicants from the other categories and female candidates from any category are exempted from paying the application fee. The application fee payment submission will be done online.
Cut-Off for UPSC EPFO 2023
The official list of cut-offs for the 2023 UPSC EPFO is yet to be released by the exam conducting body. We have a tentative cut-off calculated based on the previous year’s written test and interview combined cut-off.
UPSC EPFO Salary and Benefits
The salary of the selected candidates of the UPSC EPFO recruited in 2023 ranges between INR 43,500-INR 55,200 according to the Level 8 pay within the matrix as per that of the 7th Pay Commission. Apart from the handsome salary, there are various other benefits of the EPFO Officer package like Medical Facility, House Rent Allowance, Dearness Allowance, Travel Allowance, etc. For a detailed salary at an entry level, refer to the table below:
|Entry Pay||INR 47,600|
|Grade Pay||INR 4,800|
|Total Salary including Various Allowances||INR 60,000|
The UPSC EPFO 2023 Recruitment Exam is a great job. Once selected, it comes with various perks, benefits, good allowances, and a handsome salary. Aspiring candidates are advised to prepare well for the UPSC Employees’ Provident Fund Organization 2023 Recruitment Exam because not only is it a great opportunity to work in a government organisation but it also comes with job protection.
UPSC EPFO stands for Union Public Service Commission Assistant Provident Fund Commissioner in the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation. This exam is widely known as the UPSC EPFO APFC examination.
A UPSC EPFO AO/EO is placed in the General Central Service Group ‘B’, Non-Ministerial category.
Candidates who are recruited as Officers after clearing UPSC EPFO Examination are paid their salary as per the guidelines of the 7th pay commission.