The DED full form is Diploma in Education. As the name suggests, it is a diploma-level training program for teachers to help them become a teacher at the elementary level. It is a two-year-long diploma course. Candidates can choose to pursue either a full-time or a distance learning program. The program enables the candidate to seek employment in especially government schools. Other employment areas include colleges, libraries, private coaching centres etc. The candidates pursuing DED must have the willingness to learn and understand education and schooling.
Also Read: Teacher Training Courses and Universities
What are the Eligibility Criteria to Pursue DED?
Candidates who wish to pursue DED would be required to meet these eligibility criteria in order to apply for admission. It is to be noted that different institutions may have different eligibility requirements. Given below are some basic criteria:
- The candidate must have completed their 10+2 level of education from a recognised board in any stream.
- They must have scored a minimum of 50% marks
Also Read: How to Become a Teacher?
Why Pursue DED?
The following are the reasons to pursue the DED course:
- A diploma in Education is a two-year-long diploma programme that enables the candidates to seek employment in various institutions including government schools, colleges, libraries, private coaching centres etc.
- The course allows the candidates to provide education to students on a primary level
- The course equips the students with various skills to help them interact with students in a specific manner and make learning fun for them.
Also Read: Career Objective for Teacher
We hope this has helped you understand the DED full form and everything related to it. Do you want to know more full forms like this? In the world of short forms, you can rely on our page to know more! Get in touch with our study abroad experts to achieve your international dream today!