The full form of MNS is Military Nursing Service. Joining the Indian Military Nursing Service (MNS) is one of the best possible choices for people considering a career in nursing after completing their +2 (12th standard). The most significant benefit of the Military Nursing Service is the assurance of service and financial security till retirement. Due to a lack of media coverage or advertisement, most female students in the 11th or 12th grades are unaware of the benefits of entering the Indian Military Nursing Service.
MNS Officer Benefits
- Four years of free BSc Nursing study with free food and lodging in a highly regarded Service Hospital.
- Military Nursing Service is also eligible for selection grade advancement up to Major General Rank.
- Depending on the service profile, there are numerous posting avenues from North to South and East to West.
- A mandatory nursing service provides pensionable service without break.
- The salary and other benefits are nearly identical to those of Defence Service Officers.
- According to seniority, the promotion from Lieutenant to Lieutenant Colonel will take place within 15-16 years of service.
- Option to leave duty as a short service commission officer and remain as a permanent service officer until the age of 58.
How to Apply for MNS in Indian Army?
The candidate’s registration number will be shown on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in if he or she is shortlisted for screening based on NEET(UG) merit.
- Matriculation Certificate (for verifying date of birth)
- Proof of ID
- NCC certificate, if any
- Marksheet of XIIth std/Final year of XIIth proof
- Characteristic certificate
- Extracurricular certificate, if any.
Also Read: How to Join Indian Army?
Hope now you know all about the full form of MNS. Visit the General Knowledge page to discover more intriguing articles like these.