CPWD Full Form: CPWD Stands for Central Public Works Department. The Central Public Works Department is an Indian government Public Works agency.
In India, the public works department serves as the centralised authority in charge of all public service activities and development projects.
CPWD, or Central Public Works Department, is an Indian government entity responsible for the national building and maintenance of public services such as public government construction, bridges, highways, public transit, drinking water supplies, and many others.
History of CPWD
The CPWD has a long and illustrious history in India, dating back to the days of the British Raj. During this time, the PWD was in charge of developing and maintaining public buildings, roads, and other infrastructure throughout the country.
The PWD was instrumental in the building of modern India, constructing many of the country’s iconic landmarks such as the Taj Mahal, the Red Fort, and the Rashtrapati Bhavan (the President’s House).
The Public Works Department was renamed the Central Public Works Department in 1971, and its purpose was expanded to encompass the construction and maintenance of public buildings and infrastructure throughout the country.
Responsibilities of CPWD
The Central Public Works Department, or CPWD, is responsible for a variety of tasks, including:
- If any government infrastructure, such as schools, roadways, or hospitals, is damaged, it is the responsibility of the CPWD to repair it.
- The Central Public Works Department is in charge of providing safe drinking water to their community as well as repairing the broken water pipeline.
- In India, the Central Public Works Development Authority is responsible for the planning and construction of all government public projects, the security of roads and highways, the construction and development of highways, the maintenance and upgrading of government buildings, and so on.
Objectives of CPWD
Among the CPWD’s primary goals are:
- To plan, design, and build public infrastructure projects on time and within budget.
- To maintain and administer the government’s public infrastructure assets, such as roads, bridges, buildings, and other structures.
- To assist other government departments and agencies in the planning, design, and building of public infrastructure projects by providing technical and engineering support.
- Adopting best practices and technology in public infrastructure building and maintenance to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure that all public infrastructure projects are developed and built in conformity with all applicable laws, rules, and standards.
Must Read: What is the full form of JDBC?
Must Read: What is the Full Form of RTD?
This was all about CPWD full form. Moreover, if you want to know more full forms like this? In the world of short forms, you can rely on our page to know more! Get in touch with our study abroad experts to achieve your international dream today!