AIIMS full form is All India Institutes of Medical Science and is India’s most well-known medical school. The All India Institute of Medical Science is a government medical university in India that is governed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The parliamentary act established the All India Institutes of Medical Science. The first AIIMS institute was established in 1956. The foundation of 22 Institutes was announced in 1956, with 19 still in operation today. The last five were scheduled to begin operations in 2025.
Origin of AIIMS
- The dreams of Jawaharlal Nehru and Amit Kaur resulted in the foundation of AIIMS in 1956. AIIMS was established by an Act of Parliament as a focus for encouraging excellence in the healthcare business.
- AIIMS provides excellent teaching and learning materials.
- The AIIMS organises its educational system and awards degrees in these AIIMS UG and AIIMS PG programmes.
- The dream of every medical student is to be accepted into one of the AIIMS institutions, also known as Institutes of National Importance.
Functions of AIIMS
- It provides a number of medical courses, including the MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery).
- It is a world leader in medical research. It publishes more than 600 scientific papers per year.
- It also manages a hospital with roughly 60 beds in Ballabgarh, Haryana, and a College of Nursing for B.Sc Hons. Degree in Nursing.
- AIIMS includes twenty-five clinical departments, including four super speciality centres, that handle all aspects of clinical problems.
AIIMS Colleges List
- AIIMS Delhi, New Delhi
- AIIMS Patna, Bihar
- AIIMS Raipur, Chhatisgarh
- AIIMS Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- AIIMS Bathinda, Punjab
- AIIMS Deogarh, Jharkhand
- AIIMS Nagpur, Maharashtra
- AIIMS Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- AIIMS Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- AIIMS Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
- AIIMS Vijaypur, Jammu and Kashmir
- AIIMS Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
- AIIMS Madurai, Tamil Nadu
- AIIMS Guwahati, Assam
- AIIMS Kalyani, West Bengal
- AIIMS Rae Bareli, Uttar Pradesh
- AIIMS Rajkot, Gujarat
- AIIMS Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh
- AIIMS Bibi Nagar, Telangana
- AIIMS Mangalagiri, Andhra Pradesh
Eligibility for AIIMS
The following are the admission requirements for AIIMS (full form All India Institute of Medical Sciences):
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate must have passed a recognised board’s Class 12th or equivalent test.
- The candidate must have obtained at least 60% in his or her Class 12th or equivalent examinations.
- The candidate must be 17 years old on or before December 31st of the year of admission.
Reason for the Popularity of AIIMS
AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) is a public medical school in New Delhi, India. AIIMS was founded in 1956 with the goal of providing high-quality medical education and healthcare to all segments of society. AIIMS is regarded as one of the greatest medical schools in India and is popular among students interested in pursuing a career in medicine.
Must Read: AIIMS Delhi Director Dr Randeep Guleria Education, Salary, & Qualification
Must Read: AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam
This was all about AIIMS full form. For more such informative and quick reads follow Leverage Edu’s Study Abroad FAQs page.