Being a part of the Top Ivy League Universities is indeed a matter of pride and Cornell University is a dream institution for all the mavericks and genius students out there who burn the midnight oil to make their dreams come true. The most distinguishing feature of Cornell University is its diverse crowd which hails from 116 countries and it offers courses both at UG and PG levels in over 100 disciplines. Let’s further explore the acceptance of UG and PG courses at Cornell University
|Endowment||275.9 million USD|
|Cost of Attendance||57,350 USD|
|Student Retention Rate||92%|
This Blog Includes:
- Cornell University Rankings
- About Cornell University
- Cornell University Acceptance Rate
- Cornell University Acceptance Rate for UG Courses
- Cornell University Acceptance Rate for PG Courses
- Cornell University Admission Criteria
- Cost Of Studying at Cornell University
- Cornell University Acceptance Rate Early Decision
- Top Courses at Cornell University
- Cornell University Notable Alumni
Cornell University Rankings
Following are the remarkable rankings of Cornell university:
|QS Top University Rankings 2023||#22|
|World University Rankings THE 2023||#22|
|National Universities by US News 2022||#17|
|Best Colleges for Veterans by US News 2022||#52|
About Cornell University
Cornell is one of the major Ivy League universities in the United States, having been founded in 1865 by Ezra Cornell and Andrew Dickson White. It offers a curriculum that is meticulously planned and matched to each student’s unique requirements and interests. It is built on a performance-learning methodology that is one step ahead of traditional job-based training. Students get immediate access to a wealth of resources for research, teaching, and alumni. The community is intense and collaborative, which helps students develop a strong sense of teamwork. Cornell University has around 1600 academic members and over 25,000 students. There are 15,000 undergraduates, 7,100 graduates, and 2,900 professionals among them.
Cornell University admission has demonstrated a highly selective acceptance rate of only 9%, yet it is considered the easiest Ivy League to get into. In Fall 221, the university received 67,380 undergraduate applications and admitted only 5,852 students. In Fall 2022, the number of applications increased to 71,000 for only 3,441 seats available. The undergraduate acceptance rates of Cornell University for the last 5 consecutive years are as follows:
|Year||Number of Applications||Students Accepted||Undergraduate Acceptance Rate|
Cornell University Acceptance Rate for UG Courses
The acceptance rate for UG courses is explained as follows:
- Being one of the top Ivy League Universities, Cornell University does face cutthroat competition as the best minds from every nook and corner of the world compete to grab a seat in the prestigious Cornell University.
- For UG courses the acceptance rate is merely 10% which implies that out of every 100 applications submitted, only 10 applications are finally selected and its acceptance rate speaks volumes louder, about how tough it is to get into Ivy League Universities.
- It is indeed a tough nut to crack but a remarkable academic performance along with splendid ExtraCurriculars does take students to their dream colleges.
Cornell University Acceptance Rate for PG Courses
The acceptance rate for PG courses is explained as follows:
- For PG courses as well, Cornell University does face cutthroat competition which is evident from its relatively higher 15% acceptance rate.
- A 15% Acceptance rate implies that out of every 100 applications submitted, only 15 applications are given admission.
- Students leave no stone unturned to grab admission into Cornell University but a strong and remarkable profile does work wonders.
Cornell University Graduate Application Deadlines
Following are the application deadlines for Cornell university’s upcoming intakes:
|M.Eng Engineering Physics||Application Deadline[15 May, 2023]|
|E.M.B.A Americas||Priority Consideration Deadline[15 Jan, 2023]Final Submission Deadline[15 May, 2023]Application Deadline For Fall Intake[15 Nov, 2022]|
|M.B.A||Application Deadline For September Round[22 Sep, 2022]Application Deadline For January Intake[10 Jan, 2023]Application Deadline For April Round[11 Apr, 2023]|
|M.Eng Electrical and Computer Engineering||Application Deadline For Fall Intake[15 Jan, 2023]|
|M.S Applied Physics||Application Deadline For Fall Intake[15 May, 2023]|
|M.Eng Materials Science and Engineering||Application Deadline For Spring 2023 Intake[15 Oct, 2022]Application Deadline For Fall Intake[15 Jan, 2023]|
|M.Eng Biological and Environmental Engineering||Application Deadline For Spring 2023 Intake[1 Oct, 2022]Application Deadline For Fall Intake[1 Mar, 2023]|
|M.Eng Geological Sciences||Application Deadline For Spring 2023 Intake[15 Oct, 2022]Application Deadline For Fall Intake[31 May, 2023]|
|M.Eng Chemical Engineering||Application Deadline For Fall Semester[9 Jun, 2023]|
|M.Eng Engineering Management||Application Deadline For Spring 2023 Intake[15 Oct, 2022]Application Deadline For Fall Intake[1 Feb, 2023]|
|M.Eng Engineering Mechanics||Application Deadline For Spring 2023 Intake[15 Oct, 2022]Application Deadline For Fall Semester[1 Feb, 2023]|
|M.Eng/M.B.A||Application Deadline Round 1[22 Sep, 2022]Application Deadline Round 2[10 Jan, 2023]Application Deadline Round 3[11 Apr, 2023]|
|M.Eng Systems Engineering||Application Deadline For Fall Intake[31 May, 2023]|
|M.S Applied Economics and Management||Application Deadline For Fall Intake[15 Dec, 2022]|
|M.S Computer Science||Application Deadline For Spring 2023 Intake[1 Nov, 2022]Application Deadline For Fall Intake[1 Feb, 2023]|
Cornell University Admission Criteria
The Admission criteria for both UG and PG courses are listed below:
- For UG courses
- The TOEFL score requirement has been waived given the pandemic for those students who have given the SAT exam and scored 35 approx in the Reading section.
- English language requirements have been waived for students who have studied English in high school for the last 4 years.
- Half-yearly examination marks are required and along with that, the students need to provide the predicted marks from the school teachers in final high school examinations.
- Two evaluations from teachers and one recommendation letter from a counsellor.
- Cornell University writing supplements question and answers.
- The last three-year academic performance reports are also a prerequisite for admission purposes.
- For PG Courses
- UG degree must be pursued from a recognized University.
- High scores in the standardized exams.
- English Language Requirements.
- Statement Of Purpose.
- Letters of Recommendation.
Cost Of Studying at Cornell University
Tuition, books, fees, housing, meals, and personal things all contribute to the projected cost of attendance. The following table lists the anticipated costs for undergraduate and graduate students.
|Types of Expenses||Cost (INR)|
|Personal Expenses||1.4 lakh|
|Health Insurance||2.3 lakhs|
Cornell University Acceptance Rate Early Decision
Cornell University is yet to release its acceptance rate for the year 2020-21. However, for the class of 2024, the Early Decision acceptance rate was around 24% where 6,630 students applied at the early decision, and 1,594 of them got accepted.
Top Courses at Cornell University
The top courses at Cornell University are explained listed below:
- Biomedical sciences
- Agricultural Operations and Related Sciences
- Business Management
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
Cornell University Notable Alumni
Cornell’s alumni network boasts a quarter-million members globally, with regional clubs serving as a critical link between alumni and the institution.
- Václav Klaus – Former President of the Czech Republic
- Sharice Davids – Former U. S CongressWomen
- Carol Aichele – Secretary of the Commonwealth, Pennsylvania (2011–2015)
Ans. Students do not need a stipulated GPA for admission to Cornell University. The average GPA of the admitted students is 4.07 on a 4.0 scale (97-100%).
Ans. Cornell is known as the ‘Easiest Ivy League’ as it has the maximum acceptance rate among the Ivy League institutions. However, the university has a stringent acceptance rate of 9% indicating a highly competitive admission process.
Ans. Cornell University is known for its Engineering majors. The university has ranked #10 in undergraduate Mechanical Engineering programs according to U.S. News and World Report, 2022.
This was all about Cornell University’s acceptance rate and if you too aim at becoming an alumnus of the prestigious Ivy League Cornell University but lack proper direction and planning then feel free to contact Leverage Edu for assistance in your abroad education journey.