Being a part of the Top Ivy League Universities is indeed a matter of pride and Cornell University is definitely a dream institution for all the mavericks and genius students out there who burn the midnight oil to make their dreams come true. The most distinguishing feature of Cornell University is its diverse crowd which hails from 116 countries and it offers courses both at UG and PG level in over 100 disciplines. Let’s further explore the acceptance of UG and PG courses at Cornell University
This Blog Includes:
Cornell University Acceptance Rate for UG (Undergraduate) Courses
The acceptance rate for UG courses is explained as follows-
- Being one of the top Ivy League Universities, Cornell University does face a cutthroat competition as the best minds from every nook and corner of the world compete to grab a seat in the prestigious Cornell University.
- For UG courses the acceptance rate is merely 10% which implies that out of every 100 applications submitted, only 10 applications are finally selected and its acceptance rate speaks volumes louder, how tough it is to get into Ivy League Universities.
- It is indeed a tough nut to crack but a remarkable academic performance along with splendid ExtraCurriculars does take students to their dream colleges.
Cornell University Acceptance Rate for PG (Post Graduate) Courses
The acceptance rate for PG courses is explained as follows-
- For PG courses as well, Cornell University does face a cutthroat competition which is evident from its relatively higher 15% acceptance rate.
- 15% Acceptance rate implies that out of every 100 applications submitted, only 15 applications are given admission.
- Students leave no stone unturned to grab admission into Cornell University but a strong and remarkable profile does work wonders.
The Admission criteria for both UG and PG courses are listed below
- For UG courses
- The TOEFL score requirement has been waived in the view of pandemic for those students who have given the SAT exam and score 35 approx in the Reading section.
- English language requirements have been waived off for students who have studied english in high school for the last 4 years.
- Half-yearly examination marks are required and along with that the students need to provide the predicted marks from the school teachers in final high school examinations.
- Two evaluations from teachers and one recommendation letter from a counselor
- Cornell University writing supplements question and answers
- Last three-year academic performance reports are also a prerequisite for the admission purpose
- For PG Courses
- UG degree must be pursued from a recognized University
- High scores in the standardized exams
- English Language Requirements
- Statement Of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
Cornell University Acceptance Rate Early Decision
Cornell University is yet to release their acceptance rate for the year 2020-21. However, for the class of 2024, the Early Decision acceptance rate was around 24% where 6,630 students applied at early decision and 1,594 of them got accepted.
Top Courses in Cornell University
Top courses in Cornell University are explained listed below
- Biomedical sciences
- Agricultural Operations and Related Sciences
- Business Management
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
This was all about Cornell University acceptance rate and if you too aim at becoming the alumnus of the prestigious Ivy league Cornell University but lack proper direction and planning then feel free to contact Leverage Edu for assistance in your abroad education journey.