Boston University, located in Massachusetts USA is one of the top-ranked universities in the USA. It is a private teaching and research university with over 35,000 students from 130+ countries. According to the Times Higher Education, Boston University graduates are the most employable in the United States and the world, with the university ranking 5th and 6th in both categories. The university even boasts about an impressive worldwide alumni network that includes Nobel Laureates, Rhodes Scholars, Marshall Scholars, Sloan Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, Academy Award winners, and several Emmy Award winners. Being one of the top universities in the USA, Boston University closely evaluates student applications. This blog aims at providing all the essential information you need to know about the Boston University acceptance rate and admission process.
This Blog Includes:
Boston University Acceptance Rate
Boston University acceptance rate is around 20.1%, which means nearly 19 applicants are selected from every 100 applications. This clearly shows that the admission process to the university is really competitive and difficult. Students who wish to pursue higher studies must possess good academic records. In addition to academics, their co-curricular must also be strong. They must ensure they possess the requisite skills for securing a seat at this reputed university. Hence, the process of admission and securing a seat at this renowned university is tough.
After knowing about the Boston University acceptance rate, let’s now have a look at the global rankings of the university.
|World University Ranking QS 2022||110|
|Times Higher Education Ranking 2021||54|
|US News and World Report Ranking 2021||57|
How to Apply at Boston University?
To apply to Boston University, students must follow the following steps –
- Visit the official website of the university
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’
- Complete filling your education history with all the qualifications
- Fill in the details of your employment history
- Fill in your personal statement
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees.
At the time of admission, the university asks for the following documents –
- Official transcripts
- Application form and application fee which is around 75 USD (INR 5500)
- Statement of Purpose
- Submission essays (if required for the course)
- Test scores of standardized exams (GRE/GMAT, etc.)
- English language requirements (IELTS/TOEFL/PTE)
|Type||Application Closing||Notification Date|
|Fall freshmen||January 4th||March 30th|
|Early decision plan||November 1st||December 15th|
|Other early decision plans||Not reported||Not reported|
|Transfer||March 15th||April 15th|
The eligibility criteria vary depending on the course chosen by the candidates. However, the basic eligibility criteria remain the same:
- Candidates must have proof of scores of standardized exams such as GMAT, GRE, or LSAT
- Candidates must have completed XIIth from a recognized board
- Candidates must have obtained acceptable scores in TOEFL and IELTS
Did you know: BU is one of only three universities in Boston and Cambridge named to the prestigious Association of American Universities.
- Global MBA
- Bachelors of Accounting and Finance
- Bachelors of Computer Science
- Bachelors of Engineering and Technology
- Bachelors of Hospitality and Administration
- Masters of Accounting and Finance
- Masters in Computer Science
- Masters of Engineering and Technology
- Masters in Hospitality and Administration
Did you Know: You can choose from 650+ global courses at Boston University.
Fees and Expenses
Having read about the acceptance rate, admission process, and eligibility criteria, students would be interested in knowing the average fees that would be incurred while pursuing studies at Boston University. To help aspirants, we have tabulated below are the fees and expenses that are incurred per year approx while studying at Boston University:
|Components||Amount in INR|
|Fees and Tuition||INR 44,00,000|
|Meals and Hostel||INR 12,50,000|
Did you know:Ranked #27 among Best U.S. Colleges by The Wall Street
The accepted scores of exams are:
TOEFL – 90 and above
IELTS – 6.5 and above
SAT- 1500 and above
The Student : Faculty ratio at Boston University is 10:1.
The University of Chicago acceptance rate is 18.9%.
You should at least have 3.71 GPA to get accepted at the University of Boston
This was all about the Boston University acceptance rate and eligibility criteria. We hope it helped in answering all your queries! If you want to pursue your higher studies at Boston University and need help with the application process, then you can contact our experts at Leverage Edu.