The University of Groningen is offering NL scholarships for the academic year 2024-25.. The scholarship is jointly funded by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, universities of applied sciences, and the Dutch research universities. The NL scholarships are available to students outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to enroll in a Master’s program in the Netherlands. The scholarship benefit is an amount of €5,000 towards the living costs in the Netherlands. However, the amount will be disbursed only during the 1st year of studies. The selection process is based on academic merit. Interested students can apply for the same before the deadline for the second call. The last application submission date is 1 June 2024 (23:59 CEST).
University of Groningen NL Scholarships Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the University of Groningen NL Scholarships are as follows:
- The student wants to study in the Netherlands and must not have obtained a degree from an educational institution in the country
- Moreover, the applicant must not belong to any of the EEA countries.
- Must have obtained excellent grades during the bachelor’s/undergraduate studies
- Additionally, the applicant must meet the University of Groningen’s academic requirements and obtain an admission letter from the university to study an eligible program.
- Submit a motivation letter stating why he/she is the right candidate for the scholarship
University of Groningen NL Scholarships Selection Process
The University of Groningen NL Scholarship selection process is based on the ranking of the candidates. The university ranks applicants based on their academic merit, considering factors such as research activities, study program results, previous education, and the candidates’ NL statements.
Interested applicants can visit the official website of the university and apply for the NL scholarships. The deadline for the second call is on 1 June 2024. The University of Groningen will notify the selected candidates about the results by 15th July 2024. We will only consider complete applications for the scholarship.