The Asia Pacific University is accepting MEXT scholarship applications from international students for the September 2024 intake. The university will recommend the selected students to the scholarship organisation. At present, the university is accepting applications from Masters and PhD students for the same. The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) has launched the scholarship to promote the international student exchange in Japanese universities. The scholarship will cover the full tuition fees, travel expenses, and provide a stipend for them to cover the living expenses. The deadline for the application is 15th November 2023.
Asia Pacific University MEXT Scholarship Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the Asia Pacific University MEXT scholarship is as follows:
- Must be an international student wanting to study in Japan
- Must be a citizen of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- Additionally, the applicant must have been born on or after April 2, 1989
- However, the previous beneficiaries are not eligible unless they have 3 years of educational research experience after receiving the scholarship.
- Similarly, Japanese citizens and those who are on active military duty are not eligible
Asia Pacific University MEXT Scholarship Benefit
The Asia Pacific University MEXT Scholarship benefits are as follows:
- Covers 100% of the tuition fees
- Moreover, 1 economy airfare expense between the home country and APU
- Additionally, a stipend of 144,000 JPY per month is provided as living allowance
Interested students can apply to the scholarship before November 15, 2023. The APU will access the applications, and select exceptional applicants for the scholarship recommendation. The selected students are notified of their application status. Next, they are required to submit the necessary documents to complete the application process. Lastly, MEXT would make the decision on the scholarship and the award is distributed to the beneficiaries.