University of British Columbia is offering International scholarships for undergraduate students. The UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Scholarships Award is available to need based applicants. The scholarship would cover the tuition fees, living expenses of the student. Moreover, the scholarship is available for the duration of the degree. The deadline for the scholarship application is 15th November 2023. Interested students must apply for the same before the last date. Do note: although during the admission process 2 degree choices can be filled, the university will only consider the 1st choice degree for the scholarship award.
UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship Eligibility
The UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship recognises academic achievement, and leadership skills of the applicant. To be eligible for the scholarship, students must meet the requirements. These are:
- The applicants must be nominated by the high school they are currently attending or have recently graduated/transferring from.
- Must be an international student who is going to study on a Canadian study permit
- The applicant must have completed his/her education from a recognised institution
- Moreover, it must be the first undergraduate degree of the applicant
- Additionally, the applicant must meet the english eligibility requirements of the university
- The student must also demonstrate excellent academic performance (at least an A average or equivalent), and financial need
UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship Benefits
The UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship benefits are as follows:
- Full tuition fees (for the entire duration of the degree)
- Living expenses of the student minus the financial contribution the student and their family can contribute
Interested students can visit the official website of the university and select the program.Next, apply for the international scholars program and confirm that the school/university will provide the nomination. Only 3 nominations per school is allowed. Next, gather the required financial information and notes on academic achievement and extracurricular activities. Finally, apply for the scholarship before the deadline. That is, 15th November 2023.