Melbourne is the coastal capital of Victoria, southeastern Australia. Because of its kind and welcoming culture, superb education, and career opportunities, Melbourne is a perfect city for students wishing to widen their horizons and obtain a global perspective. Various top-notch universities in this city are offering nutrition courses. If you want to build a career in the domain of nutrition, then keep reading. In this blog, we will explore some of the most popular nutrition courses Melbourne.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study in Melbourne?
Planning your post-secondary education after high school is one of the most important decisions you can make as a student. Before we look at the nutrition courses in Melbourne, you should understand why you need to study in this city.
So, let’s understand why you should study at Melbourne:
Melbourne houses some of the top universities in the world, including:
- La Trobe University
- The University of Melbourne
- RMIT University
- Stott’s College
- Melbourne Institute of Technology
Among the Safest Cities
Melbourne is regarded as one of the safest cities in Australia, with a low crime rate, making it the most livable city for employment and education. International students can feel confident that they will be welcomed and respected for who they are. As part of the Public Transportation Safety Initiative, the city has Protective Service Officers assigned to specific railway stations to ensure that passengers feel safe at all times when riding.
Nothing beats convenient commuting alternatives in your city, especially for those who are new to the area. Melbourne is one of the cities with excellent public transportation, which makes living much easier. From trams and trains to buses and car-sharing, it provides safe and inexpensive modes of transportation for people.
There are many reasons why existing and prospective students might consider relocating to Melbourne. One of them is that it is Australia’s Tech Capital, offering numerous job prospects for students with diverse educational backgrounds.
Also Read: Dietetics And Nutrition Courses
Top Nutrition Courses Melbourne for UG, PG, and Diploma
When it comes to studying abroad, Australia is a popular choice for many international students, particularly in Melbourne. The table below shows the top nutrition courses Melbourne.
|Course||Offered By||Duration||Study Mode|
|Bachelor of Food and Nutrition||La Trobe University||2.5 Years Full Time s||Online, On-campus|
|Bachelor of Nutrition Science||Australian Catholic University||3 years Full Time||On-Campus|
|Master of Nutrition and Dietetics||Monash University||1.5 years Full-Time||On-campus|
|Diploma of Nutrition||Australian Institute of Personal Trainers||Up To 12 Months self-paced||Online|
|Bachelor of Nutrition Science||Monash University||3 Years Full-Time||On-campus|
Eligibility for Nutrition Courses Melbourne
While the eligibility criteria vary as per the universities, the general requirements for admission to nutrition courses Melbourne are as follows:
- Applicants must have at least 60% in their Class 12 examination to be admitted to diploma-level courses.
- Students must have a 65% or better in their Class 12 examination to be admitted to bachelor’s degrees.
- For admittance into postgraduate programs, all Australian universities accept the three-year graduation degree.
- Applicants are also required to submit the documents given below:
- Completely Filled Application Form,
- Job Experience Certificates (If available),
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE Exam Score Xerox,
- Photo Copies of the first and last pages of your passport,
- Medium of Instruction (MOI),
- Academic Certificates (SSC, Inter, Bachelor’s, etc.), and
- Any Other Documents.
Application Process for Nutrition Courses Melbourne
Students may be perplexed by the application process for admission to nutrition courses in Melbourne. Fortunately, Leverage Edu can considerably assist you in expediting the process.
We can assist you with your application in the following ways:
- You can choose the course you want to attend using our AI Course Finder.
- Leverage Edu’s experts will subsequently begin the application process for the university of your choice on your behalf.
- Essays, TOEFL, SOPs, LORs, TOEFL, IELTS, and other materials must be submitted as part of your application. As a result, make certain that you collect and prepare the necessary papers.
- As soon as you submit your application and the required documentation, our specialists will begin your application for student loans, housing, and scholarships.
- Wait for your offer letter, which should arrive between 4-6 weeks.
Average Tuition Fees
Now that you know how you can go about pursuing a nutrition course in Melbourne, it’s time to understand its fee structure. The table given below shows the average tuition fees you can expect to pay for the nutrition courses Melbourne:
|Course Type||Average Annual Tuition Fees|
|Undergraduate Nutrition Course||AU$ 31,800 – AU$ 43,000|
|Postgraduate Nutrition Course||AU$ 38,000 – AU$ 86,000|
|Diploma Nutrition Course||AU$ 29,800|
Due to the increased knowledge of fitness and health in today’s environment, an increasing number of people are becoming interested in fitness and adopting a healthy lifestyle. This bodes well for the future of nutritionists.
Listed below are the popular job profiles in the field of nutrition in Melbourne, along with their average salaries.
|Job Profile||Average Annual Salary|
|Food Safety Auditor||AU$ 86,000 – AU$ 125,000|
|Public Health Nutritionist||AU$ 70,000 to AU$ 90,000|
|Management Dietician||AU$ 70,000 to AU$ 110,000|
Ans. Australia has a high demand for nutritionists, and this trend is expected to persist. Job Outlook predicts a 7.2% growth in the market for nutrition specialists by 2026.
Ans. You can easily become a nutritionist in Melbourne after pursuing a degree in nutrition from there.
Ans. Australians of all ages have a poor diet in general, meaning they do not consume enough of the five food groups and consume too many discretionary items heavy in salt, fat, and sugar.
So, this was all about the nutrition courses in Melbourne. Many Indian students dream of pursuing education in foreign nations due to the exposure and career growth they offer. Consider joining a free counselling session with Leverage Edu if you plan to study abroad.