The world is moving at a rapid pace toward technological advancements, and the need for individuals with expertise in technology management is increasing. In today’s highly competitive market, businesses require individuals who possess both managerial and technical skills. An MBA in Technology Management offers a perfect blend of both these skill sets. It not only provides students with a strong foundation in management but also equips them with the technical expertise required to manage and innovate technological processes.
|Course Level||Post Graduation|
|Course Duration||2 Year|
|Eligibility||Bachelors with at least 55 % of Marks|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/Entrance Exam|
This Blog Includes:
- What is MBA in Technology Management?
- Why Study MBA in Technology Management?
- Popular Colleges for MBA in Technology Management in India
- Popular Colleges for MBA in Technology Management Abroad
- MBA in Technology Management Fees
- Year-Wise Syllabus for MBA Technology Management
- Skills Required for MBA in Technology Management
- Eligibility Criteria for MBA in Technology Management
- Admission Process for MBA Technology Management
- MBA Entrance Exams to Study in India and Abroad
- Career Scope
- Top Recruiters
What is MBA in Technology Management?
MBA Technology Management is a specialised program that combines managerial skills with technical knowledge to prepare students for leadership roles in the technology industry. The program focuses on developing skills such as strategic planning, project management, data analysis, innovation, and supply chain management in the context of technology-based organizations.
Why Study MBA in Technology Management?
There are several reasons why pursuing this course can be a wise choice for individuals who are interested in the intersection of technology and business. Here are some of the key benefits:
- An MBA Technology Management equips students with the skills and knowledge required to succeed in this high-demand field.
- Graduates of an MBA Technology Management program can pursue a wide range of career opportunities in industries such as software development, IT consulting, telecommunications engineering, and e-commerce. They can work in roles such as project manager, technology consultant, business analyst, product manager, or IT director.
- An MBA Technology Management provides a unique blend of managerial and technical skills that can be applied to a variety of industries.
- An MBA Technology Management provides opportunities to network with industry experts and professionals.
Must Read: MBA in HR
Popular Colleges for MBA in Technology Management in India
Several reputed colleges and universities offer an MBA in Technology Management. Here are some of the lists of top colleges
- Amity University
- Chandigarh University
- Osmania University
- Narsee Monjee Institute
- Chitkara University
- Birla Institute of Technology
Popular Colleges for MBA in Technology Management Abroad
Several reputed colleges and universities offer an MBA Technology Management. Here are some of the top colleges that you can consider:
|Universities||Colleges||Qs Ranking 2023|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)||Sloan School of Management||1|
|Carnegie Mellon University||Tepper School of Business||52|
|New York University (NYU)||Stern School of Business||39|
|University of Michigan||Ross School of Business||25|
|University of California||Haas School of Business||44|
MBA in Technology Management Fees
Pursuing an MBA Technology Management can open several lucrative paths in your career. As the course provides scope to earn a good amount, the fees for the same at some of the best colleges may be very high. However, students must stay relaxed as there are many other alternatives that offer very good quality education at affordable fees. Below we have mentioned the average fees for MBA Technology Management in India and abroad.
MBA Technology Management Fees in India
The average total fee for MBA in Technology Management in Indian universities is ~INR 4.0 lakhs. Below we have also tabulated the fees in several good universities in India for the said course:
|Universities||NIRF Ranking (2023)||Average Fees – for 2 Years (INR)|
|Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad||#1||23 lakhs|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)||#21||9 lakhs|
|Amity University Noida||#28||6 lakhs (Non-sponsored)|
|XLRI-Xavier School of Management||#9||–|
MBA Technology Management Fees Abroad
The average total fee for MBA in Technology Management in universities abroad is ~INR 40-45 lakhs. Below we have also tabulated the fees in several good universities in India for the said course:
|Universities||QS World University Ranking (2023)||Average Total Fees (INR)|
|Stanford University||#5||75 lakhs|
|Technical University of Munich||#37||50,000|
|University College London||#8||85 lakhs|
|University of Bath||#148||45 lakhs|
Year-Wise Syllabus for MBA Technology Management
The syllabus for MBA Technology Management per year, per semester is given below:
Year 1 Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Foundation in Technology Management||Technology Forecasting and Assessment|
|Technology Creative and Innovation||Technology Transfer Management|
|Information Technology For Business||Technology Project, Appraisal, and Evaluation|
|Organizational Behaviour and Interpersonal Skills||Business Research Method|
|Principle of Marketing||Ecoolomic Legal Environment|
|Accounting For Management||Financial Management|
Year 2 Syllabus
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Production and Operational Management||Strategic Management of Technology|
|International Business and Strategic Alliance||Supply Chain Management|
|Leadership and Change Management||Performance Appraisal and Counselling|
|Organizational Development and Team Work||Industrial Relation and Labour Law|
Must Read: MBA in Finance
Skills Required for MBA in Technology Management
These are the skills required to pursue MBA technology management:
- Good Communication skills
- Critical Thinking
- Leadership Quality
- Critical Thinking
- Conflict Management
Eligibility Criteria for MBA in Technology Management
To be eligible for an MBA Technology Management, you need to have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Additionally, you will also be required to take the GMAT or GRE exam, and most colleges also require you to have at least 2-3 years of work experience in a relevant field.
Admission Process for MBA Technology Management
The admission process for an MBA Technology Management typically involves the following steps:
- Fill out the application form and pay the application fee
- Submit your academic transcripts and resume
- Take the GMAT or GRE exam and submit your scores
- Write a statement of purpose and provide letters of recommendation
- Attend an interview (in some cases)
Here are some steps on how we help students for their smooth study abroad journey:
- We are at Leverage Edu to help students with good universities option
- As we have country experts so, we will guide students so that he/she can get a proper idea about the country and courses
- We believe in tech so we are using software, with the help of technology we will find a suitable university as per your budget and requirement
- We will also help students with varieties of services including SOP, LOR writing, VISA interview Preparation, and many more.
MBA Entrance Exams to Study in India and Abroad
To reserve your seat in the best MBA colleges in India and abroad, you are going to have to prove your mettle. For the same, you will have to qualify for some exams, listed below:
Entrance Exams to Study MBA in India
Following are the exams, that one may take to be eligible for admission to the top B-schools in India.
Entrance Exams to Study MBA Abroad
Following are the exams, that one may take to be eligible for admission to the top B-schools abroad.
Tips to Prepare for the MBA Entrance Exams
The most tried and tested tips and tricks to ace the MBA exams are given below:
- Prepare a Timetable: Create a table that lists some specific deadlines to cover the most important topics of your entrance exam’s syllabus.
- Never miss a deadline: Make sure to never miss any self-claimed deadline so that you get ample time to revise the topics later.
- Practice on previous year’s exam papers.
- If possible, take some mock tests. They will let you have a clear understanding of the exam pattern in real-time.
- Time Management: Try to increase your speed in answering the MCQs so that you will save enough time for the subjective part of the exam.
- Mind the Weightage: Prepare for the syllabus in a manner that you cover the topics with high weightage first. This is because, if you get left out on preparing some topics in the future, those will be the ones having a low weightage of marks in the examination.
An MBA in Technology Management offers a broad range of career opportunities. Graduates can work in several industries, such as finance, healthcare, e-commerce, telecommunications, and technology. Some of the popular job roles that an individual can pursue after completing an MBA in Technology Management include:
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- IT Director
- Product Manager
- Business Analyst
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
Salary and Job Prospects
The salary for an MBA in Technology Management can vary based on several factors, such as the industry, job profile, location, and experience. However, on average, an individual with an MBA in Technology Management can earn a starting salary of around $80,000 (INR 65.99 Lakh) to $100,000 (INR 82.48 Lakh) per annum. With experience, this can increase to over $150,000 (INR 1.23 Cr)per annum.
|Position||Average Salary in US$||Average Salary in INR|
|IT Director||$195,008||1.61 Cr|
|Product Manager||$75,500||62.41 Lakh|
|Business Analyst||$80,685||66.69 Lakh|
|Operation Manager||$96,207||79.53 Lakh|
Must Read – MBA in Marketing
- JP Morgan, etc.
Ans: Yes, you can pursue an MBA in Technology Management even if you do not have a technical background. However, having some technical knowledge or experience can be beneficial in understanding the technical aspects of the program.
Ans: Yes, most colleges require applicants to have at least 2-3 years of work experience in a relevant field. This is because an MBA in Technology Management is a specialized program that is designed for individuals who have some experience in the field.
Ans: Pursuing an MBA in Technology Management can provide several benefits, such as:
-A combination of managerial and technical skills that can be applied to a variety of industries.
-Higher earning potential compared to other management programs.
-Opportunities to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
-Chance to work with cutting-edge technologies and innovative ideas.
-Opportunities to network with industry experts and professionals
To secure a seat in some of the best management colleges in India, one must qualify for the desired exams and obtain a good rank.
Hope this blog gives you a clear understanding of the course in order to pursue MBA in Technology Management. For more assistance, get in touch with Leverage Edu, our study abroad experts will guide you through the entire process. Call us on 1800 57 2000 for a free counselling session.