Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust was established back in the year 1933 for Indian women; to offer them an opportunity to pursue their higher education abroad. Up to 10 women benefit from Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarships every year. The scholarship is only valid and applicable for the master’s degree programs at the USA, UK, and Europe universities.
|Scholarship Name||Lady Meherbai D Tata Education TRust Scholarship|
|Sponsorship of Scholarship||Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust|
|Level of Education||Master|
This Blog Includes:
Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarships Details
The scholarship is awarded solely on the basis of merit to encourage women, working in the field of social work, social science, public health, and the welfare of women and children to pursue master’s degree abroad. A gift scholarship amount of approximately INR 3-6 lakhs will be awarded to the qualified candidate towards the tuition fee component depending upon the candidate’s performance in the interview.
Field of Study
Every year, the Tata Education Trust invites applications for various fields of study for women candidates to encourage and make a career by pursuing higher education abroad. The official notification of the scholarship for the year 2023-24 will be released soon. Here is the list of subjects from the previous year to help aspiring candidates to apply accordingly.
- Law specifically related to children and women
- Education in any programmes involving teachers’ training
- Welfare and education for specially-abled children
- Gender studies, including topics and concepts like violence (any form of violence, especially domestic) against children and women. Additionally, problems dealing with unmarried women, single mothers and married Indian women.
- Child health care with particular reference to the development (physical and mental) of children and nutrition
- Health education and health policies including mental health
- Public health concerns with particular reference to women
- Concerns and needs for adolescents
- Communication development with particular reference to problems related to children and women
- Study and research of various social norms of different communities in India related to women
- Various development related study like social, community, rural, public policies, public administration, social policy, and sustainability specialising in children and women’s issues
- Social work specialising in women in prison or any topics which are not covered priorly.
Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarships Selection Process
The TATA Trusts have been following a rigorous selection procedure every year. The shortlisted candidates have to attend a personal interview, either in person or online depending on the severity of the pandemic situation with the board of trustees. The interview date will be finalised and informed to the candidates in advance to avoid any inconvenience.
There are certain eligibility criteria that an aspiring candidate has to meet in order to be eligible for the Lady Meherbai D. Tata Education Trust Scholarship for the year 2023. Here are the essential eligibility criteria that a candidate must meet.
- The candidate must have citizenship in India.
- The women candidates must be a graduate of a reputed UGC-accredited university.
- The academic records of the women candidates should be consistent and impressive.
- It is preferable that the candidate has obtained admission to any reputed universities/institutions in the UK or European countries, and the USA for the year 2023-2024 or at least applied for admission.
- The candidate must have a work experience for a minimum of 2 years in the relevant field of study/education.
Interested candidates have to request the exam conducting authority for an application link to access the application form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, plus the details and documents must be attached as mentioned below.
- The candidate has to specifically mention the name of the course and specialisation they wish to pursue and the duration of the course.
- The candidate must mention the names of the universities he/she wishes to attend, according to the merit of their choice. In case, the candidate already has an offer letter, the letter of confirmed admission is to be duly attached.
- The candidate must mention the required course fee for various universities he/she is interested in.
- The sources of financial aid are to be attached along with the mail in brief for verification purposes.
- The candidate must attach the updated biodata/CV/resume.
The candidate must keep in mind that incomplete requests shall not be entertained by the TATA Trust office and correspondence regarding the same will be not considered any further. Additionally, it is also advised to upload clear and scanned copies with self-attestation of the mentioned documents in the previous section along with the email.
Terms and Conditions
Before proceeding further with the application form for the scholarship, a candidate should be aware of the terms and conditions that apply before and after the submission of the application. Continue reading to know more.
- Candidates applying or studying for any programmes abroad are ineligible to apply if they apply to any country other than the USA, UK or European countries.
- The trust will not assist the awardees of scholarships in completing their visa application process to the USA, UK or European countries.
- Selected candidates for this scholarship will have to submit a copy of the ‘Proof of Funds’ or ‘Financial Capacity’ document which reflects their financial support of education.
- Shortlisting and finalising the candidates for the interviews and award of scholarships would be solely decided by the Trustees of the Lady Meherbai D. Tata Education Trust.
The total amount of the scholarship that a selected candidate will receive is up to INR 6 lakhs. The amount given depends upon the performance of the candidate in the personal interview.
The TATA trusts are yet to release an official notification regarding the commencement of the application process for the scholarship. However interested candidates are advised to keep an eye on the official website to not miss out on any important information.
The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of merit and the same candidates will be called for a personal interview with the board of trustees.
Getting financial aid in the form of a scholarship for education is a huge step towards attaining your goal. Make sure to send the application for the scholarship on or before the deadline to avoid missing out on the benefits and perks of the scholarship. Hopefully, this article helped you with the information on the scholarship.
If you are planning to study abroad in the upcoming intakes get in touch with our study abroad experts at 1800-57-2000. And stay tuned to our scholarships page for more information related to various scholarship schemes to study abroad.