PTE or Pearson Test of English is an English proficiency test which is conducted to check, the knowledge, command and understanding of the English language of the candidates. With the advent of globalization, more and more are either planning to study or move abroad. However, a prerequisite for most countries for intake is an understanding of the English language. PTE has gained global recognition and acceptance over the years and is now accepted by most universities and countries. However, candidates are still advised to exercise their own due diligence to check whether the country or university they are applying to accepts PTE scores or not. Let’s explore this blog to know about how to book PTE academic exam in detail.
|Name of the Exam||Pearson Test of English Academic|
|Conducting Body||Pearson PLC Group|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Sections||Speaking & Writing, Reading and Listening|
This Blog Includes:
Steps: How to Book PTE Academic Exam?
Candidates who have made up their minds about studying or moving abroad and checked that the university or country to which they wish to apply to is accepting PTE scores can start registering themselves for the PTE exam online. The PTE exam is a recurring exam so candidates can choose a date, time and place according to their own convenience. Candidates can book a slot for the exam up to twenty-four hours in advance. Following are the steps of how to book the PTE academic exam.
- As the first step, candidates need to visit the official website.
- Candidates will see an option stating ‘Book a Test’. Click on this option.
- Once clicked, candidates will need to find an appointment by entering their location which will then show test slots near the location.
- Once candidates have clicked on their favoured test centre and time, a new window will open up which will show the details of the venue and time selected. Candidates should cross-check this information before proceeding further.
- After this step, candidates will need to create a login ID by entering the details required such as nationality, phone number, age, etc.
- Subsequently, candidates will be notified of the terms and policies of the exam. Candidates must go through these thoroughly to avoid any last-minute confusion and chaos.
- Once candidates decided to proceed further, they would need to pay the fee for taking the exam.
- After paying the fee, candidates can take a print or screenshot of the acknowledgement receipt which signals their successful enrolment for the PTE examination.
Also Read: PTE Syllabus
PTE Availability of Slots
Since there are a lot of candidates interested in giving the exam at all times, it is imperative that candidates book their slot for the exam as soon as they feel confident of their ability to take the exam. This way, not only the candidates be able to avoid the last-minute rush but they will also be able to select their preferred centre, time and date.
PTE Exam Dates
The PTE exam is conducted at regular intervals so that candidates interested in studying or moving abroad do not have to wait months to give their English proficiency exam. Some upcoming dates for the PTE exam are mentioned below:
|Month||Dates for the PTE exam|
However, candidates should cross-check and confirm the dates from their local PTE centre before proceeding with the exam.
PTE Exam Preparation Tips
Now that you have made up your mind about taking the PTE exam and also fulfilled the eligibility criteria as well as the application form, it is best to start preparing for the exam with a clear and definite goal in mind. Here are a few of our preparation tips to help you ace the exam and move to your desired country:
- Prepare a study plan keeping in mind the syllabus, days left for the exam and topics you have to cover. This will help you set daily and long-term goals which you can achieve.
- Keep time aside for revision. This will help you refresh your memory a few days before the exam.
- Do not neglect your physical health during this time. It is important to exercise. As they say, a healthy body resides in a healthy mind.
- Set a sleeping schedule so that you wake up fresh and ready to seize the day.
- Practice every day for the different sections of the exam.
- Inculcate habits of reading or watching English movies, novels, etc. to help you expand your vocabulary.
The full form of PTE is the Pearson Test of English. It is conducted for students who want to study abroad or candidates who wish to move abroad.
There is no negative marking in the PTE examination.
There are 3 sections in total in the PTE examination. They are as follows: PTE Speaking and Writing, PTE Reading and PTE Listening.
Candidates can sign up for the PTE exam through the official website. The detailed process is noted in the blog above.
In this blog, we have discussed the procedure on how to sign up for the PTE academic exam. Candidates wishing to study or move abroad can sign up for the PTE exam using the process detailed above. Build a plan with Leverage Edu‘s Leverage Live classes and our top trainers to get closer to a spot in your dream college. For any help with your PTE preparation or study abroad journey, you can reach out to us at 1800-572-130.