Imperial College London, a public research university in London, England, frequently allures students from across the globe every year. It has a long track record of offering world-class education and extensive placement opportunities. Apart from academics, it also offers a good-quality lifestyle and supportive environment to international students. Keep reading this blog if you want to get admission to this prestigious institute. Here, we will talk about how to apply for Imperial College London in complete detail. You will learn about its admission requirements, the application process, and more.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study at Imperial College London
- Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply for Imperial College London
- Top Programs
- Average Tuition Fees
- Application Deadline
Why Study at Imperial College London
Before we talk in detail about how to apply for Imperial College London, let’s see why you should study here in the first place. So, here are some of the main reasons why you should study at this institute:
Imperial College London consistently ranks at the top due to its world-class education facility. It received a 6th rank in the QS World University Rankings 2024, proving its academic excellence.
Great Placement Scene
Reportedly, 90% of the students of Imperial College in the majority of the field get employed within 3 months after graduation. So, studying here guarantees a bright and secure future.
Students get to experience a great social life at the institute. The students here lead over 350 societies, clubs, and projects, from big band to drones, musical theatre to e-sports. So, you won’t just be focusing on the academics. You will be expanding your network and participating in extracurricular activities.
Also Read: How to Get Into Harvard University?
Before you wonder about how to apply for Imperial College London, you should be aware of the institute’s admission criteria. While the requirements vary based on the program, the general eligibility criteria to get admission into this prestigious institute are:
- You need a minimum score of 90-92% overall across five subjects with a score of 90 to 95% in relevant subjects in class 12th.
- Moreover, you need to have a minimum score of 7 on IELTS, 100 on TOEFL (iBT), 300 on GRE, and 62 on PTE.
- Moreover, you must submit the documents listed below:
- Previous Qualifications (as listed on your CAS)
- Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)
- English Language (pre-sessional students only)
- Bank statements
- ATAS Certificate (if required for your course)
- TB Test Results (not required if applying from within the UK)
- Scholarship letter (if receiving a scholarship)
- UK Student Visa
How to Apply for Imperial College London
In this section, you will learn how to apply for Imperial College London for undergraduate, postgraduate, and postgraduate doctoral programs.
Undergraduate Application Process
Here is how to apply for Imperial College London for an undergraduate course:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Imperial College London.
Step 2: Then, click on the “Application process” under the “Undergraduate” section.
Step 3: On the next page, create an account in UCAS Hub by clicking on the “Create an account” link.
Step 4: Choose the course you wish to apply for.
Step 5: Write your personal statement and submit it while applying for your desired program.
Step 6: Submit your application and keep track of it.
Postgraduate Application Process
Here is how to apply for Imperial College London for a postgraduate course:
Step 1: Click on the “Application Process” under the “Postgraduate taught” section.
Step 2: Then, click on the “My Imperial” link and sign up to begin your application process.
Step 3: Now, apply for your desired course. You can apply for a maximum of two courses in an academic year or one in case you are applying to Imperial College Business School.
Step 4: Complete the application, submit it, and keep track of it.
Postgraduate Doctoral Application Process
Here is how to apply for Imperial College London for a postgraduate doctoral course:
Step 1: Click on the “Application Process” under the “Postgraduate doctoral” section.
Step 2: Then, go to the “My Imperial” link and sign up to start your application process.
Step 3: Now, apply for your desired program.
Step 4: Complete the application form, submit it, and keep tracking it.
Now that you know how to apply for Imperial College London, let’s see what are its top programs. So, here are the top courses offered at this institute:
- BEng Computing
- BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BEng Electronic and Information Engineering
- BSc Biochemistry
- BSc Biochemistry with Language for Science
- BSc Biochemistry with Management (3 years)
- BSc Medical Biosciences
- BSc Medical Biosciences with Management
- MBBS/BSc Medicine
- MA(RCA)/MSc Innovation Design Engineering (IDE)
- MRes Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- MRes Bioengineering
- MRes Cancer Technology
- MSc Science Communication
- MSc Science Media Production
- Global Master of Public Health (Online)
- MRes Biomedical Research (Anaesthetics, Pain Medicine and Intensive Care)
- MRes Biomedical Research (Bacterial Pathogenesis and Infection)
- MRes Advanced Molecular Synthesis
- MRes Biosystematics
- MRes Catalysis: Chemistry and Engineering
- Intercalated PhD option for Medical Students
Also Read: Study at University of Oxford
Average Tuition Fees
The average tuition fee at Imperial College London is £9,250 per year, For international students, on the other hand, the average annual tuition cost is £35,000. Please note that the fee might differ based on programs.
The application deadline for Imperial College London was 31 January 2024 for most of the courses. Check on the official website if the application window is still open for the course you are applying for, and if not, then wait for the applications to begin again.
Ans: Visit the official website of the Imperial College London to apply for your desired course.
Ans: The Imperial College of London has an acceptance rate of 14%, making it a very competitive institute to get into. However, with the right qualifications, you can gain admission to this prestigious school.
Ans: Yes, applicants need to provide IELTS scores to get admission into Imperial College London.
So, this was all about how to apply for Imperial College London. Many Indian students dream of pursuing education in foreign nations due to the exposure and career growth they offer. Consider joining a free counselling session with Leverage Edu if you plan to study abroad.