“Modern” generally refers to the present time or the recent period, characterized by contemporary ideas, practices, or technology. It signifies the contemporary or current state of affairs in various aspects of life.
Some antonyms of “modern” are “ancient,” “old-fashioned,” and “outdated”.
Meaning of Modern
It signifies a departure from traditional ways and often implies a focus on innovation, progress, and current trends. However, the specific meaning can vary depending on the context in which it’s used.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
7+ Opposites of Modern
Here are a few examples of modern antonyms mentioned below:
- Old Fashioned
Usage with Examples
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of modern in sentences:
- An antique car from the 1920s is on display at the museum.
- The wedding ceremony followed traditional customs and rituals.
- Her clothing style is quite old-fashioned, reminiscent of the 1950s.
- The computer software is outdated and needs an upgrade.
- The shop specializes in selling vintage clothing and accessories.
Antonyms of Modern Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Modern’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
This was all about the antonym of “modern” with meaning and examples. Hopefully, you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.