The antonyms for the word “truth” are lie, falsehood, falseness, deceit, untruth and several others. The word truth antonyms describe one who is not true to themselves or others. Whereas, the actual meaning of this word is to describe the quality or state of being true to someone and oneself.
To know more about the antonyms of truth and meaning, continue reading the blog article below.
Meaning of Truth
The word “truth” means when someone is true or honest with himself and others. In everyday life, this word is often ascribed to things that aim to represent reality or otherwise, such as beliefs, propositions, and declarative sentences.
Antonyms of Truth
Here are some top antonyms of the word truth which can be used:
Usage with Examples
Below are some examples of the antonym “truth” which can be used:
- The defendant lied about his whereabouts on the night of the crime.
- The falseness of his claims was exposed when his evidence was proven to be fabricated.
- The deceitful politician was caught red-handed in a lie.
- The writer’s invention of a new genre of fiction revolutionized the world of literature.
- The logical fallacy in the politician’s argument was easily identified.
- The delusional patient believed that he was being chased by aliens.
Antonyms of Truth Quiz
Here is a small quiz on the word “truth” which will help you test your knowledge:
Fill in the blank with the correct antonym of the word truth:
- The detective was searching for the truth. (lie/fiction/reality)
- The politician’s speech was full of untruths. (facts/half-truths/truths)
|Synonyms of Importance
|Synonyms of Brave
|Antonyms of Proud
|Antonyms of Hope
|Adjectives Starting With The Letter I
|Adjectives Starting With The Letter B
|Idioms for Learning
|Idioms for Experience
This was all about the “antonyms of truth” with meaning and examples. Hopefully, you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.