The antonyms for the word “pretty” are awkward, clumsy, deformed and many others. These antonyms of the word describe someone who is not beautiful or attractive to the eyes. Whereas, the actual definition of the word “pretty” is for someone who is beautiful and pleasing to the eyes. To know more about the antonyms of pretty and meaning, continue reading the blog below.
Meaning of Pretty
The word “pretty” means someone who is attractive and pleasing to the eye. This word is often used to describe someone who has a pretty face or eyes.
Antonyms of Pretty
Here is the list of antonyms of the word “pretty” which can be used:
Also Read: 500+ Antonym Words You Should Explore!
Usage with Examples
Read some sentences on the antonym of the word “pretty” which will help you:
- This abandoned house is homely and creepy.
- The thought of eating a bug was repulsive to her.
- The ugly toad turned into a beautiful prince.
- The unattractive painting is an eyesore.
- The dowdy outfit is completely out of style.
Antonyms of Pretty Quiz
Here is a small quiz which will check your knowledge of this antonym:
Fill in the blanks with the correct antonym.
- The ——— painting is an eyesore.
- The ———– girl has a beautiful smile.
Answers: 1. Ugly
This was all about the “antonyms of pretty” with meaning and examples. Hopefully, you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.