The antonyms of ‘Ugly’ are beautiful, attractive, pleasant, calm, peaceable, etc. As the word ‘Ugly’ is suitable to talk about something or someone that feels unpleasant to look at or is unattractive. The word “Ugly” comes from the Old Norse word “uggligr,” which means “fearful” or “dreadful.”
Therefore, whenever you want to refer to anything awful you can use the word Ugly or its synonyms like unpleasant, hideous, and horrid, to name a few.
Meaning of Ugly
The word ‘Ugly’ means something or someone that is not pleasing to the eye or that is aesthetically displeasing.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Ugly
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of Ugly to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The antonym of the word ‘Ugly’ is appropriate to use whenever you feel like something is aesthetically pleasing to your eyesight.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of Ugly in a sentence:
- The sunset over the ocean was so beautiful that it took my breath away.
- He was a handsome man with chiselled features and piercing blue eyes.
- The flowers in the garden were so pretty that I couldn’t resist taking a picture of them.
- She had an attractive smile and a warm, welcoming personality.
- The stunning architecture of the old cathedral left me in awe.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning ad Examples
Antonyms of Ugly Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Ugly’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
This was all about the antonym of Ugly with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.