The antonyms of ‘Novel’ are old, traditional, common, and ordinary to mention a few. According to the standard definition, a ‘Novel’ is a long piece of prose fiction that tells a story of human experience through the use of characters, plot, and setting.
The popularity of the novel as a literary form grew in the 18th century with the works of authors such as Daniel Defoe, Samuel Richardson, and Henry Fielding. Today, the novel remains one of the most popular forms of literature and continues to evolve with new styles and themes.
Meaning of Novel
When it comes to understanding the deeper meaning of a novel is a fictional narrative that typically ranges from 60,000 to 100,000 words in length. It is usually divided into chapters and may be written in the first or third person point of view.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Novel Antonyms
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of the Novel to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The word Novel is an adjective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of a Novel in a sentence:
- The story was not novel at all, as it followed the same tired tropes as countless other romance novels.
- The author’s writing style was old and outdated, making the book difficult to read.
- The plot was predictable and commonplace, lacking any real surprises or twists.
- The characters’ actions were routine and expected, making the story feel dull and uninteresting.
- The setting was ordinary and lacked any unique or memorable features, making it forgettable.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning and Examples
Antonyms of Novel Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Novel’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
This was all about the antonym of Novel with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.