Some common antonyms of idle are superior, better, higher, and greater. The word inferior is an adjective that is used to describe something that is of lower quality, degree, rank, or importance in comparison to something else. Let us know more about the word inferior, its meaning, origin, antonyms, and its usage with examples in the article blog below.
Origin of The Word Inferior
The word inferior is derived from the Latin word “inferus”, originally meaning low or situated below. It also denotes a state of being lower in value, status, or quality.
7+ Opposites of Inferior
Let’s take a look at the following opposites of inferior to expand your understanding of the word:
- More advanced
Also Read: 500+ Antonym Words You Should Explore!
Antonyms of Inferior Examples With Usage
The term inferior is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let us understand the following examples of using the antonyms of inferior in a sentence:
- Superior: This dress is of superior quality.
- Better: Ram is better than Sham in studies.
- Higher: He loves to climb higher hills.
- Extraordinary: Soham showed extraordinary performance on the test.
- Upper: They are residing on the upper floor of the building.
- Greater: Fear is often greater than reality.
- Elevated: His presence would elevate the charm of the show.
- More advanced: Children of modern times are more advanced than before.
- Higher-ranking: My brother is promoted to the higher rank.
- Upper-class: All of them belong to the upper-class families.
Antonyms of Inferior Quiz
1. Select the most appropriate antonym for the word inferior.
Which word is not the opposite of the word inferior?
Explore More Exciting Reads Below
This was all about the antonym of “inferior” meaning and examples. Hope you understand the term inferior and its usage. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.