Some common antonyms of hurt are heal, soothe, comfort, and cure. The word hurt can be used both as a verb and an adjective that indicates to cause physical pain or injury to someone or something or in a state of physical or emotional pain or distress respectively. Let us understand its meaning, origin, antonyms, and its usage with examples in the article blog below.
Origin of Hurt
The word hurt is derived from the Old English word ” hyrtan” which signifies to physically injure or harm someone.”.
7+ Opposites of Hurt
Let’s take a look at the following opposites of hurt to expand your understanding of the word:
Must Read: Antonyms of Stare, Meaning and Examples
Antonyms of Hurt Examples With Usage
The term hurt is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let us understand the following examples of using the antonyms of hurt in a sentence:
- Heal: The mental scars will take time to heal.
- Soothe: The mother would take her child in her arms and soothe her.
- Comfort: I feel comfortable in my room.
- Cure: This medicine is the effective cure for this disease.
- Help: We should always help the poor.
- Aid: She provides aid to the injured people.
- Assist: Kindly assist me in this task.
- Mend: You should mend your ways.
- Protect: We should protect our nature.
- Recover: He will recover soon.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning and Examples
Antonyms of Hurt Quiz
1. Select the most appropriate antonym for the word hurt.
2. Which word is not the opposite of the word hurt?
Explore More Exciting Reads Below
This was all about the antonym of “hurt” meaning and examples. Hope you understand the term hurt and its usage. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.